Hallow Eve

Discuss text adventures here! The classics like those from Infocom, Magnetic Scrolls, Adventure International and Level 9 and the ones we're making today.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz

Hallow Eve

Post by Jizaboz »

Not sure if Bryan or a couple of others here have played it..

http://jizaboz.com/projects/if/HallowEve/Release/

Please try to enjoy a few moments in this world this month.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

bryanb

Re: Hallow Eve

Post by bryanb »

I actually hadn't played that one before. I do like the idea of playing horror IF in October so I'll definitely check it out!

Speaking of horror IF in October, how do people feel about Ectocomp? If nothing else, I have to admire the sheer ballsiness of holding a mini comp at the exact same time the big competition is going on. I've never played an Ectocomp game in my life, but the categories and concept seem cool enough. Should we be covering this event with the same zeal and ardor we once gave to DinoComp?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

bryanb wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:12 pm I actually hadn't played that one before. I do like the idea of playing horror IF in October so I'll definitely check it out!

Speaking of horror IF in October, how do people feel about Ectocomp? If nothing else, I have to admire the sheer ballsiness of holding a mini comp at the exact same time the big competition is going on. I've never played an Ectocomp game in my life, but the categories and concept seem cool enough. Should we be covering this event with the same zeal and ardor we once gave to DinoComp?
I do wish that Adam had done one more competition where I could have leaned in completely to the theme. That would have been nice. It was easy to think that those days were gonna last forever.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

bryanb wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 1:12 pm I actually hadn't played that one before. I do like the idea of playing horror IF in October so I'll definitely check it out!

I like EctoComp! I judged in it a year or 2 and a few years back I submitted an entry. Short and simple with the time limit of 3 hours to create, but I liked how it turned out.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻