Willy's Wonderland (2021)

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Willy's Wonderland (2021)

Post by Flack »

If Nic Cage has always wanted to play a "strong but silent type," he nailed it in Willy's Wonderland. Despite being the protagonist, Cage has no dialogue. He doesn't even have a name, billed only as "the janitor."

After blowing out a tire in the middle of nowhere, the janitor's car is towed to a nearby shop that quotes him $1,000 for repairs and doesn't take plastic. Instead, he is offered an alternative -- he can work off the money cleaning up Willy's Wonderland, a fictionalized Chuck E. Cheese that also happened to be the site of multiple murders. Shortly after being locked inside, the janitor realizes he's being offered up as a sacrifice. But, as one of the other characters quickly realizes... "he's not locked in there with them -- they're locked in there with him!"

Big chunks of this movie didn't make sense to me but once the blood and guts start flying you won't really care. This was intended for a theatrical release and it would have been interesting to see what mainstream reviews said about it. Banana Splits did it better in my opinion, but Willy's Wonderland did it with more blood.

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Re: Willy's Wonderland (2021)

Post by Tdarcos »

Here is a review that does take on a movie in a way that I have never seen done before. This video dissects Willy's Wonderland as if it was a video game, and explains how you could beat it. Attention: This video has spoilers so if you have not seen the film but want to, don't watch this video, or it will spoil the movie. If you have seen the movie (or don't care), watch this video and see his take on the film.

Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.