The Irishman

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark

The Irishman

Post by AArdvark »

Saw most of this Saturday night. Had headphones on so didn't catch much of the sound but I got the just of it. It's The Godfather all over again. Why do Pesci, DeNiro and Pachino love their gangster roles?

There was intrigue, mob hits and general scumbaggery. Hoffa was killed in Detroit, there's no way they gonna drive his body to New Jersey just to put it under the twenty yard line in Giants Stadium. Balls!

THE
UNION
AARDVARK

AArdvark

Re: The Irishman

Post by AArdvark »

Bump.

There's more to this review but I seriously gotta get on A keyboard

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

I Heard You Paint Houses? It's more like actually painting a house, it has taken me several tries over a few weekends with zero help from the missus.

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

In a couple almost furtive tries, I've managed to get 50% (fifty percent) of the way through.

ChainGangGuy

Post by ChainGangGuy »

I know they blew tons of bones on the de-aging tech for Pacino, but does he move so hunched, arthritic and haunted gate-creaky throughout the entire thing?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

He reminds me of his character in Dick Tracy. Pacino reminds me of every role he's ever played actually.

The movie really tends to slog along. I went to bed with about 40 minutes to go, as I knew what happened already. (Hoffa disappears) ooh spoiler! I think it's partly the Peter Jackson syndrome, where they have to lovingly show you every single moment of the story, even when it takes away from the pacing.

Oh yeah, in the beginning when DeNiro is scamming the sides of beef ( I figured that out even with the sound off) I told my wife that he's a beef thief and got the hiccups laughing.

The classic cars are cool to see, even though they never get dirty.