The Mandalorian SPOILERS

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark

Re: The Mandalorian SPOILERS

Post by AArdvark »

Are they the people who have trouble telling a show from reality?
Perhaps they should put the heat on the WRITERS for the show, the actors only follow the script.

THE
FOREHEAD SLAP
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

I dunno, it all seemed to be in good fun.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Anybody up in arms over punching a crying baby has never been left in charge of a crying baby.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Flack wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 7:56 am I've seen them all.

Apparently the actor who roughed up one of our favorite characters in the final episode is taking some heat on social media for it.
Hahahha, it's Jason Sudekis, I can't imagine him finding anything funnier than impotent nerds getting mad that he slapped a puppet.

I will give the casting person credit, they picked the best people to smack the doll around in Bill Burr and Sudekis. Next season I hope Baby Yoda gets in a fight with O.J.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Oh, these ... things are writing him:
Jason Sudeikis playing a stormtrooper in #TheMandalorian finale who keeps punching Baby Yoda after stuffing him in a bag is funnier than anything that's been on SNL in years
DURRR SNL SUCKS IM EDGY

(SNL has been very good for a couple years now.)

Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:29 am Anybody up in arms over punching a crying baby has never been left in charge of a crying baby.
Good point. What I'm not seeing in the Twitter bios of any of the losers yapping at him is the word "Parent."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I finally watched the first episode of this yesterday. I really enjoyed it up until that little monster thing with the big mouth and a lot of teeth showed up towards the end. Man, that was really bad CGI and totally stuck out versus all the other sfx.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

S2E1 Review
===========
Either I remembered S1 too fondly, or the writing/acting wasn't quite up to snuff in this episode. HOWEVER, once the action started in the second half, with the coolest monster-thing I've ever seen put to the screen, particularly in 4K, that was really, really cool.

Wasn't the best episode, but it was the COOLEST episode.

Flack

Post by Flack »

This episode had so many obscure callbacks I was doing Jedi flips in my chair. And I agree, the special effects are amazing, considering this is a television* show. (It's not, but it is.)

Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:07 pm This episode had so many obscure callbacks I was doing Jedi flips in my chair. And I agree, the special effects are amazing, considering this is a television* show. (It's not, but it is.)
I'm gonna watch it this weekend, but what were some of the best callbacks?

Flack

Post by Flack »

I don't want to spoil the big stuff, but the episode revolves around a Krayt dragon, which I mean if you're a normal person who watched the movies and moved on with your life, you have no idea what that is. (The big, long skeleton on Tatooine in the original Star Wars film belonged to a Krayt dragon.) But at the end of the episode, one of the Tusken Raiders holds up what looks like an egg, when it's actually a Krayt dragon pearl, which is even more obscure. Unless you played KOTOR or maybe Star Wars Galaxies, I think knowing the lore behind a Krayt dragon pearl is pretty obscure -- again, awesome if you know what it is, but I'm guessing 99.9% of the people who saw that seen ran right to Google.

Also, the sand people riding banthas in a single file line really made me smile. There were at least a dozen moments like that in this episode.

uruzrune

Post by uruzrune »

Flack wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:09 pm Also, the sand people riding banthas in a single file line really made me smile. There were at least a dozen moments like that in this episode.
Me too. I loved it.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Nerds.

It's a credit to the show that my wife was calling out the call-backs as they happened, and making fun of me that I didn't know what the fuck she was talking about, but I still enjoyed it.

Fuckin' nerds.

EDIT: I mean, I saw Star Wars when I was six, like a hundred times. I didn't turn it into a lifestyle, you losers.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:09 pm I don't want to spoil the big stuff, but the episode revolves around a Krayt dragon, which I mean if you're a normal person who watched the movies and moved on with your life, you have no idea what that is. (The big, long skeleton on Tatooine in the original Star Wars film belonged to a Krayt dragon.) But at the end of the episode, one of the Tusken Raiders holds up what looks like an egg, when it's actually a Krayt dragon pearl, which is even more obscure. Unless you played KOTOR or maybe Star Wars Galaxies, I think knowing the lore behind a Krayt dragon pearl is pretty obscure -- again, awesome if you know what it is, but I'm guessing 99.9% of the people who saw that seen ran right to Google.

Also, the sand people riding banthas in a single file line really made me smile. There were at least a dozen moments like that in this episode.
Well, you guys were right. Great episode. Is anyone out there gonna get mad if we talk about specifics? I think we should talk about specifics.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Topic title is "The Mandalorian SPOILERS". I say go for it.

uruzrune

Post by uruzrune »

pinback wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 8:03 pm Nerds.
You like Jaws and 2001. Your opinion is invalid.

pinback

Post by pinback »

uruzrune wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:01 am
Wh... what.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:57 am Topic title is "The Mandalorian SPOILERS". I say go for it.
I think as a community we could be more clear about that. That's all.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:09 pm I don't want to spoil the big stuff, but the episode revolves around a Krayt dragon, which I mean if you're a normal person who watched the movies and moved on with your life, you have no idea what that is. (The big, long skeleton on Tatooine in the original Star Wars film belonged to a Krayt dragon.) But at the end of the episode, one of the Tusken Raiders holds up what looks like an egg, when it's actually a Krayt dragon pearl, which is even more obscure. Unless you played KOTOR or maybe Star Wars Galaxies, I think knowing the lore behind a Krayt dragon pearl is pretty obscure -- again, awesome if you know what it is, but I'm guessing 99.9% of the people who saw that seen ran right to Google.

People are saying that the giant monster was in KOTOR, which I would love to play. I ... kind of wish they'd remaster it. And KOTOR2 for that matter. And I have a problem because the games looked much, much better in my head than when they do and I fire them up.

I enjoyed Boba Fett's armor skyrocketing the Marshal into the sky, that was my favorite callback. This is an amazing show. For the first time ever, a competent fan in (I assume it's still) Favreau is making decisions and doing a great job. (I know some Doctor Who fan got to the point where he was in charge of Doctor Who and I actually like all the episodes I've seen that he was involved with, but I know a lot of people don't so I won't go there.)

The only thing that makes me sad is seeing Fett alive at the end.

pinback

Post by pinback »

uruzrune wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:01 am
I just typed "100 greatest movies of all time" into Google, and checked each of the results on the first page, and I couldn't find one where both of those movies weren't in the top 50.

Uruz for MVP.