John Wick 1/2/3

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

John Wick 1/2/3

Post by Flack »

I got free tickets to see John Wick 3 this week, so to prepare over the weekend I watched the first two movies.

John Wick is a lot like Jason Bourne, a one man killing machine. He is referred to as "Baba Yaga" and/or "The Boogeyman," because by the time you see him, it's too late. One anecdote mentioned multiple times throughout the films is the time Wick killed three man using only a pencil. I think I read that each movie has a body count of 100+, so to paraphrase Obi Wan from The Phantom Menace, negotiations are typically short.

Wick is also like Bourne in that he is trying to figure out who he is, although not quite as literally. He's already walked away from the job once -- but when a random crime lord's son steal's Wick's car and kills his dog (the only two things he has left in the world)... well, look out, world.

If you like jujitsu and judo throws combined with head shots and criminal underworld network conspiracies, take John Wick out for spin. Well, not literally -- he might just kill you with a pencil.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Re: John Wick 1/2/3

Post by Tdarcos »

Reminds me of Transporter 2, where Jason Statham kills 11 men with a firehose. And it is bone dry.
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Guy has a dog. He loves that dog. It's a good dog. Some people show up and shoot the dog. Dog dies. Guy gets pissed and goes on a revenge spree to kill everyone even remotely involved with shooting the dog. Do you really, honestly need anything more than that?

If you can feel your brain cells dying while watching but are having a great time nonetheless, then that means you're watching a great action movie.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I keep meanings to finally watch one of these movies because they’ve been on FX channel a lot lately.. but I keep playing a video game instead. I will eventually though! I like mindless action movies on occasion.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Flack

Post by Flack »

Jizaboz wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:02 am I keep meanings to finally watch one of these movies because they’ve been on FX channel a lot lately.. but I keep playing a video game instead. I will eventually though! I like mindless action movies on occasion.
They seem to be showing them daily right now, probably because the third one just came out.

By the time you finish the third one, you will be amazed at how many secret assassins exist in the world. Like, every third person apparently.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

RealNC wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:42 am If you can feel your brain cells dying while watching but are having a great time nonetheless, then that means you're watching a great action movie.
Is it also good for degreasing engines?
"I really feel that I'm losin' my best friend
I can't believe this could be the end."
- No Doubt, Don't Speak