Cocaine Bear (2023)

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Cocaine Bear (2023)

Post by Flack »

Half the review's in the title and the other half's in the trailer. Everything I add to those two things is mostly superfluous.

The year is 1985, and moments after a smuggling operation goes wrong and drops a large amount of cocaine in the middle of the wilderness, the first person to find it is, you guessed it, a black bear. Had the smugglers dropped weed or heroin this would have been a very different movie, but as everyone knows, bears on cocaine go wild and are quick to develop a nose for the stuff... literally.

The movie sets up plenty of people to be hunted by the bear. There's the group of drug dealers in search of the missing drugs, a pair of hikers, a forest ranger and her beau, a trio of punks, a couple of lost kids, at least two members of law enforcement, and eventually a couple of paramedics. Survival rates vary, although the further you are from cocaine, the better your chances of surviving are.

The star of the film, the bear, is I believe 100% CGI, and pretty good. Surprisingly, the film looks and sounds great, too. Fan of the 80s will recognize multiple songs, and the film looks better than it deserves to.

The tone of the movie is surprisingly mainstream for a movie about a coked up bear on a killing rampage. Surprisingly there's no nudity, although the blood and language help the film earn its rating. I was expecting something much more over the top, to be honest.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Re: Cocaine Bear (2023)

Post by Jizaboz »

Hm it not being too over the top actually makes me a lot more interested in this movie.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Mama Blue

Re: Cocaine Bear (2023)

Post by Mama Blue »

I have been dying to see this!]