Westworld Season 4, anyone??

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Westworld Season 4, anyone??

Post by Casual Observer »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:34 pmIs Aaron Paul in season 4?
Yes.

Ok, fired up the old ExpressVPN and Vuze to procure the first episode of the long awaited Season 4. Starts with a pretty awesome scene with Ed Harris and some android bugs but pretty sure the rest of the episode takes place in a database sunk in a bunker near Hoover Dam it looks like. Ed Harris seems to be infiltrating this database run world that contains all the remaining original androids consciousnesses. Don't think that spoils anything so there's that. Not much really happens in this episode but they get all the characters stories going again, have some "loop" type stuff with Evan. Not bad so far. On a scale I'd still put Foundation over this but Strange New Worlds is failing (Pinback seems at least a third right so far about that).

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Westworld Season 4, anyone??

ok, watching the second episode soon. If anyone is going to watch this now or else the spoilers start to flow.

Casual Observer

Ok, got it that nobody else here is watching this show so I will now include spoilers

S04e01 + e02:
e01 started out awesome with William (Oold Ed Harris) threatening some cartel guys to sell him a bunker that is the last piece of land they owned by what looks like Hoover Dam.

"what if we don't sell" - cartel guy
"you'll give it to me tomorrow for free" - Ed Harris' Host Copy (it's shown in e02 that Charlotte Hale (possibly still a copy brain of Delores, not sure yet) has created a host copy of William and is using him to gain power and money and get the database back)

Then some host bugs swarm the guy and control his brain to make him do what William wants which is to kill the rest of the cartel leaders then give the bunker's title to William then slash his throat. It's hinted what this bunker is, he only says it's very valuable and encrypted. Obviously it's the trove of data from the mega database in s03 that Delores entered in order to destroy it. It seems that she has encrypted it and set herself up inside in a loop to protect the encryption, kind of the way the encryption of the park data was protected in s02.

Delores is obviously in a loop in a world created in the encrypted database. She wakes up every day the same way and goes to work the same way etc. It's hinted in e01 but is obvious in e02 that it's a computer world because she writes stories for games of some kind but is stalked by one of her characters who kills himself in e02. She's the keykeeper for all the data ever collected in the world and Ed Harris' host.

Mave and the Breaking Bad guy are in the real world, Mave saves his life (and his daughters) by killing an agent with a sword. The Hosts (Charlotte, William) are sending agents to kill her and him and anyone else not on board.

By e02 it starts to get fun with Ed Harris replacing, threatening, and mind controlling various people in power in government. One scene he freaks out someone from the Justice department by shooting consecutive holes in one on his golf course where clearly the ball was able to spin itsself to hit the target. Then they kill his guards and control him.

Casual Observer

Everyone dies at the end, literally everyone on Earth. Delores enters "The Sublime" and sets up possibly one more season.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Why isn't this in the TV base.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Casual Observer

pinback wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:01 pm Why isn't this in the TV base.
I think we debated earlier whether streaming shows are tv or not, forget what the outcome was.