Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe (2022)

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe (2022)

Post by Flack »

There's a perfectly logical reason why we haven't heard from Beavis and Butt-Head in several decades. In 1998, the dynamic dummies, through a series of coincidences and failures, attended Space Camp and were selected by NASA to participate on a mission in space. This mission goes as well as fans of the show might suspect, and after being jettisoned into space, the two pass through a black hole ("you said 'hole', eh-he-heh-he-eh-ehe"), zapped through time, and emerged in 2022.

In the modern timeline Beavis and Butt-Head set out in search of the female astronaut from their former mission, whom they are convinced recruited them so they could have sex in space. The astronaut, now a corrupt politician, is looking for Beavis and Butt-Head as well -- not to screw them, but to kill them. She'll have to hurry as the CIA, convinced the two are aliens sharing a single brain, are in pursuit as well.

Other than the discovery of a smart phone and a long running bit involving Siri, not much is made of the "fish out of water" angle of time travel. (It could be argued that the world of 2022 is no more or less comprehensible to the pair than 1998.) Instead, most of the film's humor is derived from B&B's constant misunderstandings of the world around them and their obsession with scoring. The pair are no older or wiser than when we last saw them. When the pair discover they can buy things with a smart phone, we are treated to a montage of nacho purchases.

In 2022, Beavis and Butt-Head are not alone. Occasionally, they are greeted by "Smart Beavis" and "Smart Butt-Head", alternate versions of the pair from the multiverse. In the multiverse there are an infinite number of the two, none of whom have ever scored, and all of which are rooting for the pair to be the first.

Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe offers little more than 90 minutes of Beavis and Butt-Head. It was good, but not great, and after waiting 26 years I was expecting something bigger as a whole.

("You said hole again... dumb ass.")

Currently streaming on Paramount+
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Re: Beavis and Butt-Head Do the Universe (2022)

Post by pinback »

It was good but not great, but it was good, and it was B&B, which means I smiled the whole time. Uhhhuhuh. Uhhhhuhuhuh.

I don't remember laughing out loud except for this line:

"Uhhhuhuh. I'm a deer. Uhhuhuuh."
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

What's the IQ requirement to appreciate B&B? I've been told that if your IQ is below 80, it's fucking hilarious, 80-120 it's stupid nonsense nobody should watch, and above 120 it's fucking hilarious.

pinback

Post by pinback »

That's about right.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

This is not about the movie, but an episode of the series.

One of the two characters goes into a convenience store. Before he enters, the clerk noticed the remaining unsold order of nachos with cheese, with roaches crawling over it, under hot lamps. He was going to throw it out, when the character walks in.

"I'd like some nachos with cheese."
"That's $2.50." He pays the clerk. The clerk reaches down, flicks the roaches off, picks it up and hands it to the character. "Here you go." He takes it and leaves, while eating it.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Yeah, you're gonna want to not charge for those. Get those two kids coming back at night for free stuff and not only do they maybe become paying customers, but if someone tries to rob the place at night you have two large-headed targets as possible bullet sponges.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Are you sure you're remembering this right? There's a scene where they get nachos from a convenience store? I don't recall that, and I've seen all the episodes several times. Was this in a deleted scene extra somewhere?

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

pinback

Post by pinback »

That video seems faked.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I never like Beavis and Butthead. They were better than King of the Hill, but that's about it.

THE
CORNHOLIO
AARDVARK

pinback

Post by pinback »

AArdvark wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:04 pm I never like Beavis and Butthead. They were better than King of the Hill, but that's about it.
I can forgive people for not liking B&B even though I disagree (strongly), but not liking King of the Hill? What... what's going on here.

You had the sound off, didn't you?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

"Step aside! We have white privilege!"

LOL

I haven't seen the whole movie yet, but that clip had me laughing pretty hard.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

pinback wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:00 pm
AArdvark wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:04 pm I never like Beavis and Butthead. They were better than King of the Hill, but that's about it.
I can forgive people for not liking B&B even though I disagree (strongly), but not liking King of the Hill? What... what's going on here.

You had the sound off, didn't you?
Vark, I'm shocked you didn't like King of the Hill. It had Tom Petty as a regular character, you know the guy they play 20 times a day on WCMF? Michael Keaton, Matthew McConaughey too? Classic redneck but also sophisticated humor, you must not have really watched it.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Something about the animation put me off for starters. And I did listen to it at the time. I never knew Tom Petty was on it, not that it would have made much of a difference. It just wasn't funny to me.

Ice Cream Jonsey

I respect King of the Hill, but I would never choose to sit and watch an episode. I respect it a great deal.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

The part in the opening where Hank cracks a beer and everything goes crazy, that was ok. And Boomhouser (sp) with his mushmouth. Just ok

Ice Cream Jonsey

Every bit I have seen has been good. It is a good show. The problem is me.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Boomhouser was may favorite character on that show. I worked with a dude that talked exactly like him. That guy later went on to shoot his elderly mother and then himself so.. yeah I don’t watch much king of the hill anymore.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:54 pm Are you sure you're remembering this right? There's a scene where they get nachos from a convenience store?
No, that's not what I said. Please re-read the first five words of the description:
Tdarcos wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:20 pmThis is not about the movie, but an episode of the series.

One of the two characters goes into a convenience store.
Now, back to your question:
pinback wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:54 pm I don't recall that, and I've seen all the episodes several times. Was this in a deleted scene extra somewhere?
Well, let's see. A Google search on beavis and butthead convenience store nachos "roaches" returns ...

"It's Over 9000!"
- Vegeta, Dragonball Z

... "over 32,700" hits. A more precise "beavis and butthead" "convenience store" "nachos" "roaches" returns the following relevant items:
  • Beavis and Butt-head vs. the Vending Machine is the 28th episode of Season 4... Butt-head stops at the Maxi-Mart to get change, he notices some day old insect infested nachos so the Maxi Mart Owner sells them all to Butt-head... Back at the duo's house, Butt-head is seen sitting on the couch eating the day old nachos while watching TV.
    - "Vs. the Vending Machine" https://beavisandbutthead.fandom.com/wi ... ng_Machine
  • Butt-Head finally goes into the local convenience store to try and get change for the dollar. There he sees day-old nachos, about to be thrown out. There are even roaches crawling over them.
    - From the archives: A Freudian Analysis of Beavis and Butt-Head https://cartoonoveranalyzations.wordpre ... butt-head/
(Drops mic.)
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

nessman

Post by nessman »

The new B&BH movie was OK... had some funny moments but was overall dumb.

The new series of B&BH - funny funny stuff.

Thing with short cartoons made into movies is that after like 20-30 minutes, the dazzle wears off, they get dumb and no longer have the lustre of the original series. It's like planning on having sex with a hot chick for 2 hours, and 20 minutes later for some reason you can't cum (probably because she's actually annoying) and you're like I'm done! The big moment rarely comes (no pun intended).

Recently my GF's daughter wanted to watch the Bob's Burgers movie. OK - cool. I like the show - my daughter watches it all the time and it's funny, but 20 minutes or so in to the movie, and I was back scrolling through my phone.

Just stick to making a good series and spare the movies.
If the First Amendment will protect a scumbag like me, it will protect all of you. - Larry Flynt