OKC Thunder [2012-2013]

Funny threads throughout the site's history.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Flack

OKC Thunder [2012-2013]

Post by Flack » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:17 pm

Welcome to the thread of the 2012-2013 Oklahoma City Thunder!

As I am sure all of your know (I am sure none of you care) YOUR Oklahoma City Thunder traded last year's Sixth Man of the Year James Harden (along with three people who don't matter) to the Houston Rockets. We also lost Derek Fisher (D-FISH!) who I *think* is retired from the NBA now (?). So while our starting lineup looks the same, we've got some new faces including Maynor (who was out all last year due to an ACL injury), Hasheem Thabeet (7'3") Kevin Martin (KMart, from Houston) and a few others.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Flack

Post by Flack » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:21 pm

The season kicked off last night against the San Antonio Spurs, whom the Thunder beat last year in the Western Conference Finals. It was a given that the Spurs are still pissed over that loss and that they would be gunning for the Thunder, who lost Harden only three days prior and are rebuilding their team on the fly.

The overwhelming feeling all night was that the Thunder aren't "dialed in" yet, with lots of missed passes and weird errors on both ends of the court caused by players being out of position. Despite this, a wild 3/4 court shot from Maynor tied the game at the half and the Thunder were able to keep things close right up until the end.

With the game tied and five seconds left to go, Westbrook turned over the ball to the Spurs, who immediately called a time out. A set play put the ball in veteran Tony Parker's hands, who shot a literal buzzer beater, pulling the Spurs ahead by 2. Spurs win, 86-84.

Flack

Post by Flack » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Game two of the season, this one at home against the Portland Trailblazers. Even more so than last night, we got to see some new faces, including the NBA debut of Perry Jones III and the OKC debut of Thabeet, who may be the heir apparent to Ibaka. What the guy lacks in coordination and athletics at the moment, he gains by being 7'3". With a minute to go in the fourth, we also saw the NBA debut of UConn star Jeremy Lamb for the Thunder.

While things still look rusty, the Thunder looked better than they did last night. Kevin Durant set up plays left and right, feeding Nick Collison for dunks and Westbrook for alley-oops. Westbrook walked away with 32 points, and the home crowd loved it. Big man Kendrick Perkins left late in the fourth with a sprained ankle.

YOUR Oklahoma City Thunder win against Portland, 106-92.

pinback

Post by pinback » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:35 pm

Maybe like a, every 10 games update would be good! Every five? Just to keep us up to da--

Jonsey says I "tried to run you off". Do you feel that way, or do you just feel that my online persona was simply distasteful enough that you didn't want to come here anymore? This is important:

Was it a passive off-putting, or did I RUN YOU OFF?
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Flack

Post by Flack » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:40 am

Oh no, it wasn't that at all. I was just unfamiliar with the whole concept of homosexual territorial issues at the time. I got this book at the library ... "How to Cope when Bisexual Bullies Love the Ones You're With" ... it kind of explained to me what was going on. It was really my bad, I just didn't understand the whole ... gah, I forget the terms, hold on. (Flipping pages.) Okay, you are the "head cowboy" and you thought I was moving in on your "meat market of steers" (wow Chapter 7 here is pretty graphic). I think once you realized that I'm a "vegetable in your meat market" that things worked themselves out. Wait, am I a pumpkin or a watermelon? I'm still kind of new to your whole homoerotic underworld. I think that's chapter 12, "Grooming Your Garden for Future Rindholes".

Flack

Post by Flack » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:43 am

Oh, and ... TOMORROW NIGHT, YOUR Oklahoma City Thunder take on the Atlanta Hawks. Game time is at 6pm, so between now and then there will be MULTIPLE POSTS discussing this lackluster match up.

pinback

Post by pinback » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:48 am

Flack wrote:Oh no, it wasn't that at all. I was just unfamiliar with the whole concept of homosexual territorial issues at the time. I got this book at the library ... "How to Cope when Bisexual Bullies Love the Ones You're With" ... it kind of explained to me what was going on. It was really my bad, I just didn't understand the whole ... gah, I forget the terms, hold on. (Flipping pages.) Okay, you are the "head cowboy" and you thought I was moving in on your "meat market of steers" (wow Chapter 7 here is pretty graphic). I think once you realized that I'm a "vegetable in your meat market" that things worked themselves out. Wait, am I a pumpkin or a watermelon? I'm still kind of new to your whole homoerotic underworld. I think that's chapter 12, "Grooming Your Garden for Future Rindholes".
Well, that was pretty funny, but it didn't really answer the question. Oh well.

Back to the... (deep, DEEP breath)... basketball!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:25 am

That was fucking awesome!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:29 pm

pinback wrote:Maybe like a, every 10 games update would be good! Every five? Just to keep us up to da--
Are you seriously telling someone to stop posting? On THIS BBS? With two posts a day? Jesus Christ! Quit telling people to stop posting!

EVERYBODY, start posting!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:11 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
pinback wrote:Maybe like a, every 10 games update would be good! Every five? Just to keep us up to da--
Are you seriously telling someone to stop posting? On THIS BBS? With two posts a day? Jesus Christ! Quit telling people to stop posting!

EVERYBODY, start posting!
Fuck it, I'm a Caltrops guy now.

Flack

Post by Flack » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Well I hope you are happy. Due solely to PINBACK'S NEGATIVITY, YOUR Oklahoma City Thunder really stunk it up tonight and lost 104-95 to the Atlanta Hawks, a team with five starters I have never heard of.

Pretty much the entire game, we were either up by three or down by three. Neither team could really break away. It wasn't until the end that Atlanta turned up the heat and hit a couple of 3-pointers, giving them a deeper lead.

I'm not sure if I'm happy or scared that Kevin Martin, a bench player who's been on the Thunder for a week, scored 30 points tonight. I'm glad the guy is a clutch three point shooter, but that also tells me our Harden-less offense is out of sync, really bad.

I hope Pinback is happy with what his negativity did. If he would like to spend some time praying for the Thunder, Tuesday we're up against Toronto, and Thursday we'll be playing the Bulls. Thursday's game will be on TNT.

pinback

Post by pinback » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:59 pm

I am pretty negative. If only there was a website for me!

Flack

Post by Flack » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:12 pm

Pinback, I have tickets to Sunday's game, if you would like to go. I will buy you either a slice of pizza or a cup of beer. I cannot afford both.

pinback

Post by pinback » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:18 pm

I enjoy a basketball game, sure. I'll take the beer.

Flack

Post by Flack » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:35 pm

I've made the trip a few times, it's about 9 hours between ABQ and here. Game starts at six and we'll need to be there an hour early.

Tickets in the 300 section cost $10 each. A beer and a slice of pizza together will run you about $18. Parking's $5-$10, which I thought was high until I parked a car at a downtown Chicago hotel for $60/day.

You know what? Fuck it. You come out, I'll spring for the pizza (one slice) and the beer (one cup).

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:03 pm

Do they sell liter-sized bottles of vodka at the Thunderdome? Can you sneak one in?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:38 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Do they sell liter-sized bottles of vodka at the Thunderdome? Can you sneak one in?
HAHAhaha! Look, a "Pinback is an alcoholic" joke! HA ahhahaha! How FRESH. How very TIMELY AND CLEVER.

Flack, answer the question.

Flack

Post by Flack » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:56 am

Mickey Mantle's Steakhouse has a location on the ground floor of the Ford Center, and they do serve vodka, albeit one glass at a time. So while you could order a liter of it, it would be in several, several glasses and cost you a fortune.

Cameras are allowed at the arena, so I might suggest something like this instead:

http://www.kpraslowicz.com/2010/09/02/s ... ex-camera/

Flack

Post by Flack » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:17 pm

Just a reminder, tonight's game at Chicago will be on TNT in about 45 minutes (7pm central). Also we will probably lose this game so you haters should tune in for that.

Flack

Post by Flack » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Tonight YOUR OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER battled the Chicago Bulls in the Windy City, home to many delicious things to eat, according to Pinback.

Let's get this out of the way right off the bat. The Thunder are still not firing on all cylinders. If Derrick Rose had been on the court tonight, the Bulls would have crushed the Thunder. The Thunder has a lot of players I love that don't seem to be playing together very well at the moment.

Out of the chute the Thunder went down by 10, 2-12. Later, they were up by 7. Going into the half, they led by 1. While each team traded 10 point runs, they appeared to be pretty closely matched.

The game was up in the air up until the very end. With less than a minute left, Kevin Durant hit a big 2 that put the Thunder up by 4. Noah answered for the Bulls with a quick dunk, handing the ball back to the Thunder with 15 seconds left. A quick foul sent Durant to the line, where he earned both points. With 3 seconds left the Bulls turned the ball over to KMart and quickly fouled him. Martin nailed both of those as well, putting the Thunder up by 6.

Final score: YOUR OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER, 97-91 over the Chicago Bulls.