Breaking Bad: The Journey Journal

Funny threads throughout the site's history.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

pinback

Post by pinback » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:44 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
pinback wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Like how even a bad Hall and Oates song is better than any other song by any other band.
Why do you have to do that?
I have been using that comparison for a few weeks now and nobody has challenged it. I like to believe that it is because they agree. It's true with sex, pizza and Hall and Oates.
Your H&O thing is just weird. I mean... as far as '80s bands go, their songs were relatively inoffensive, but I mean... does anyone else in the entire world go "WOOOO! H&O!!!!"

Maybe they do, I dunno.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:12 pm

I do that thing, yes. Also, I wrote the post.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:24 pm

So since it's been 5 seasons, does he still currently have cancer? Is he still dying? Everybody is always discussing what kind of crazy shoot em up everybody dies ending the show is going to have and I keep thinking, well, shouldn't he be dying from the cancer?

pinback

Post by pinback » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:05 pm

The cancer went away in the middle of season 2. Now it is back, for the big finish.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:53 pm

Oooooooh. I started season 2 tonight!

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:44 pm

I like season 2 better than 1 so far. Is that OK?

pinback

Post by pinback » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:05 am

lethargic wrote:I like season 2 better than 1 so far. Is that OK?
That is the correct opinion to have.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:13 pm

So far, you are enjoying Breaking Bad correctly.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:14 pm

Hold your horses. I said it was better. I didn't say a word about enjoying it. We got some more work to do before we get to enjoyment. LOL

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:54 pm

I'm kinda not digging Jessy being pulled in for essentially having a nervous break... It makes sense, but is verging a little on the dramatic side.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:54 pm

Oh, I finally saw them answer my question of what was wrong with the son. Now the question I want answered is what are those TERRIBLE portraits hanging around the house. They seem to move them around to be in the shots. I saw one hanging in the hallway, then when they filmed him in the kitchen the same one was hanging behind him on the opposite wall from the hallway.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:04 pm

I totally forgot Krysten Ritter was in this show. At least now I can jerk off while I watch it.

pinback

Post by pinback » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:25 pm

lethargic wrote:I totally forgot Krysten Ritter was in this show. At least now I can jerk off while I watch it.
So far, you are enjoying Breaking Bad correctly.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:12 pm

The hot redhead finally showed up.

Flack

Post by Flack » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:25 am

Yeah. Don't get attached to her.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Flack

Post by Flack » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:50 am

S05E11 - "Confessions"

One again I missed the live airing and had to track this episode down online. I found it 30 minutes after the show aired. Whoever invented this internet shit deserves a raise.

After watching this episode I felt like I had watched a two hour movie. I think that is because every single second of the episode moved the plot forward. There wasn't a moment of waste or fluff.

We know that Hank doesn't have enough to file charges against Walt at this point. Jesse keeps his mouth shut during interrogation until Saul shows up. Hank either needs someone to testify against Walt or for Walt to confess. After an awkward dinner meeting, Walt delivers Hank a DVD containing a "confession" -- in reality it's a fake story, designed to implicate Hank in all of Walt's dealings. Between the DVD and the new knowledge that Marie accepted money from the Whites for his treatment, Hank is not utterly screwed and cannot go to the police. If Hank continues to pursue Walt, it'll have to be without his badge.

Walt, Saul and Jesse have another meeting out in the desert. Walt plays mind games with Jesse in an attempt to get him to leave town. Jesse confronts Walt about playing mind games and Walt denies it. At the end Jesse breaks down and Walt hugs him. Jesse does not hug Walt back. I don't know what Jesse is so upset about. Half of the people that meet Heisenberg in the desert end up buried in it.

Jesse is all set to disappear with a new identity when three or four things happen at once. Jesse notices his stash of weed is gone, pick-pocketed by Saul's security guard. When he pulls out a pack of cigarettes instead he puts two and two together and realizes that it was also Saul's security guard who lifted the Ricin cigarette from him. In a rage Jesse returns to Saul's office and holds Saul at gunpoint until he confesses. The episode ends with Jesse kicking down Walt's front door and pouring gasoline everywhere. We can assume he does not set the place on fire as in S05E09 we saw a flash forward of Walt's house still standing. It looked like it had been abused, but not burned.

No Lydia this time around but we did get some Todd, who is returning to the cooking business. Todd calls White to explain about the change in management but we do not see Walt return his call.

One possible scenario played out in my head last night -- maybe for the sake of saving their families, Hank will team up with Walt, the two of them will take on Todd's cartel, claim that Todd was Heisenberg, and then walk away. That would solve the family conflict, that would solve Hank's dilemma of his brother-in-law being a drug kingpin, and that would allow Walt's family to keep the money and avoid charges. It's an easy solution, but as we know, nothing's easy in Albuquerque.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine » Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:43 pm

Flack wrote: One possible scenario played out in my head last night -- maybe for the sake of saving their families, Hank will team up with Walt, the two of them will take on Todd's cartel, claim that Todd was Heisenberg, and then walk away. That would solve the family conflict, that would solve Hank's dilemma of his brother-in-law being a drug kingpin, and that would allow Walt's family to keep the money and avoid charges. It's an easy solution, but as we know, nothing's easy in Albuquerque.
You're just trolling me at this point.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:18 pm

Is this Todd guy you're talking about the wife's boss guy in season 2?

pinback

Post by pinback » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:19 pm

lethargic wrote:Is this Todd guy you're talking about the wife's boss guy in season 2?
"Is Todd Ted?"

Yes, Todd is Ted. You can tell because they have different names.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:03 pm

Oh, really? Why would they change his name?