Breaking Bad: The Journey Journal

Funny threads throughout the site's history.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:03 pm

THERE WAS NO REDHEAD WITH BIG TITS IN EPISODE 4!!! REFUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah Shit

Post by Ah Shit » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:31 pm

Shit, I meant Firefly. There is definitely a buxom redhead at some point in that.

Er, shit. Maybe I meant Roger Rabbit. Christ, I don't know any more.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:31 pm

Now I know what's going on. You've been watching a completely different show and thinking it was Breaking Bad.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:32 pm

Episode 5 was the first really good episode. Had more of this stuff been in the pilot the show would make a lot more sense and solved a few of my problems with it.

I'm still anxiously awaiting an explanation of the mush mouth crippled son.

Flack

Post by Flack » Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:45 pm

I think the explanation is that he's a mush mouth cripple in real life.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

pinback

Post by pinback » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:01 pm

Flack wrote:I think the explanation is that he's a mush mouth cripple in real life.
Although in real life, he prefers an elegant gourmet dinner to a greasy, waffle-oriented breakfast.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:07 pm

Flack wrote:I think the explanation is that he's a mush mouth cripple in real life.
But whhhyyyy? It's all I've thought about for 5 episodes. When are they gonna say what his deal is? Did they drop him on his head?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:31 pm

They DO say what his deal is at one point, seasons from now. I thought they wouldn't but they did!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:18 pm

Hold on. His hair starts falling out from the chemo, but his eyebrows and mustache are just fine?

pinback

Post by pinback » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:20 pm

Lethargic, you're just wrong about this. I know it's fun to be contrarian, and I'm not going to fight you, but...

Well, what, I'm gonna convince a guy a TV show is good? Not in this lifetime.

God bless.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:40 pm

pinback wrote:Lethargic, you're just wrong about this. I know it's fun to be contrarian
Not really. Honestly, I'm very very very much holding back my thoughts on the show out of respect for you guys who love it. If I wanted to be contrarian for fun I could be but it's not worth it. I mean...

Well, what, I'm gonna convince a guy a TV show is bad? Not in this lifetime.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:51 pm

We like the show, but please tell us your problems with it. Not because we are smugly sitting here with Dorito fingers thinking we can refute it, but because, God, we have nothing else to talk about.

... Because it would be interesting to discuss, my friend.

lethargic

Post by lethargic » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:23 am

You're just trying to get this in the hall of fame. I know your game.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:26 am

No hall. No fame.

In the end, I made the only choice that mattered. I made the only choice I could.

I chose posts...

Bugs

Post by Bugs » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:26 am

Last night's wasn't a great episode, but they did a good job progressing the story toward shit really going down. Instead of there being any kind of cat and mouse game dragging out the process of Hank and Marie figuring shit out, they now know most everything (except obviously the extent of Skylar's active involvement beyond her not speaking up and Hank getting shot).

Declan and the Phoenix crew are now out of the way, which I imagine will lead to some kind of showdown between Walt, Meth Damon, Meth Damon's aryan nation uncles, Lydia and the Czechs. That's probably what the BFG from the flash forwards is for.

That was a good cliffhanger though, you gotta admit. Jesse hasn't really said a word these last two episodes, he's just going off the deep end. Right now Jesse hates Walt. But he also hates Hank too, remember after Hank beating him down, the hatred he had for him? Who does Jesse want to screw over more now? Walt or Hank? Or will he not help either of them? Who dies and who rides off into the sunset?

Also, that scene between Marie and Skylar was pretty powerful, in a jarring way.

pinback

Post by pinback » Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:44 am

Bugs wrote:Last night's wasn't a great episode
Last night was arguably the greatest episode of TV in the history of the medium.

Is everybody here bananas?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:27 pm

The performances of what has traditionally been two of the weaker actors (Hank & Marie OR Dean Norris and Betsy Brandt IF YOU PREFRE) elevated that into one of the greatest individual shows in the history of all shows.

I feel that we should just assume that we all mean "in relation to other BB episodes" when talking about the relative merit? Like how even a bad Hall and Oates song is better than any other song by any other band.

Flack

Post by Flack » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:49 pm

For the record, this thread does not get locked up in the hall of fame until the show is over.

S05E10 - Buried

In episode 9 we saw Hank figuring out that Walt was Heisenberg. In episode 10 we saw the beginnings of what he is going to do with that information. Despite having boxes upon boxes of evidence, Hank doesn't appear to have enough to put Walt away. First, he tries to leverage information from Skyler, getting to her before Walt could. Later, Marie confronts Skyler for her own purposes. (The entire time they were talking I was wondering if Marie had a wire on her.)

Walt feels the walls closing in on him. From the very beginning this was all about the money, a fact we're reminded of after Walt retrieves all the money from his storage unit and buries it out in the desert. He marks the coordinates with a lotto ticket and sticks it on his fridge.

Hank's biggest problem isn't just Hank; it's Jesse, who appears to have completely snapped. After driving around Albuquerque throwing away millions of dollars, he's been picked up by a couple of ABQ's finest. Hank may have just found the missing piece of the puzzle he's been looking for. The biggest question is, who does Jesse hate most right now: Walt, Hank... or Jesse?

The story arc with Lydia boiled this week with the disposing of her old cooking crew; Todd's back, and his gesture to cover Lydia's eyes so that she wouldn't have to see any dead bodies was an interesting juxtaposition to him shooting a kid earlier in the series. To be honest I'm not that interested in this story line, but with Jesse not doing anything the past two episodes I guess they need to fill some time. It does look like things are building to a showdown with them.

Here's a weird thought -- what if Hank decides to spare Walter and label Todd as Heisenberg?
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

pinback

Post by pinback » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:13 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Like how even a bad Hall and Oates song is better than any other song by any other band.
Why do you have to do that?

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:02 pm

pinback wrote:
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:Like how even a bad Hall and Oates song is better than any other song by any other band.
Why do you have to do that?
I have been using that comparison for a few weeks now and nobody has challenged it. I like to believe that it is because they agree. It's true with sex, pizza and Hall and Oates.