Why do people go apeshit over the McRib?

Funny threads throughout the site's history.

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 6195
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 pm

pinback wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:
pinback wrote:1. Jack in the Box SUCKS.
Your opinion.
No, quantifiable fact.
No, opinion. It's not objectively provable. Oh, wait, let's do it this way. Please proceed to explain in measurable terms as to why Jack in the Box food 'sucks'. What are your premises for your argument, what are the 'quantifiable facts' that you use for your statement? If it's provable rather than opinion, you'll be able to show them.

Ben, I believe you've admitted to either being an agnostic or atheist, (If you're not, I apologize I was not trying to malign your faith.) If someone claims there is a God, that's an opinion until they provide objective evidence, e.g. quantifiable facts. So it applies in your case, if you claim their food is inedible or is unpalatable it's basically an opinion until you prove otherwise.

If someone says 'you get up too late' in the day, it's an opinion, they have made a statement which isn't provable or disprovable. If they say 'you're getting up at 5 in the afternoon and you can't get the things you need to do done because it's too late' that's a quantifiable fact, it can be proven or disproven.

Claiming it "sucks" cannot be proven or disproven, as it is an opinion, it is arbitrary. This is simple logic.

Otherwise, show that I'm wrong; present your quantifiable facts to support your argument.
This signature is limited to 128 characters, or I could have said a few more things.

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 6195
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:17 pm

pinback wrote:What happened to the remaining McRibs?

Also, check a mirror. Sometimes that sauce can just grab hold when you're not expecting it.
I noticed, it did a job on the box. I just ate two of them for breakfast. I'm debating whether to eat the last one, I think I'm still hungry. Someone once said you should wait 20 minutes to see if you're still hungry, this tends to reduce the chance that you're overeating as opposed to eating because you're actually hungry.
This signature is limited to 128 characters, or I could have said a few more things.

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 6195
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
pinback wrote:What happened to the remaining McRibs?

Also, check a mirror. Sometimes that sauce can just grab hold when you're not expecting it.
I noticed, it did a job on the box. I just ate two of them for breakfast. I'm debating whether to eat the last one, I think I'm still hungry.
It must say something about the product when I ate two of the boxes instead of the sandwiches!
This signature is limited to 128 characters, or I could have said a few more things.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 14009
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:23 pm

Tdarcos wrote:Please proceed to explain in measurable terms as to why Jack in the Box food 'sucks'.
100% of the time anyone eats anything from Jack in the Box, they immediately begin vomiting and praying for death. QUANTIFIED!!
Ben, I believe you've admitted to either being an agnostic or atheist
I ADMIT NOTHING!!
If someone claims there is a God
It always comes back to God with you, doesn't it?
If someone says 'you get up too late' in the day
ALSO FACT (in my case).
Claiming it "sucks" cannot be proven or disproven, as it is an opinion, it is arbitrary. This is simple logic.
Vomiting and deathwishes. If that doesn't say "sucks", then sir, I don't know what does.

Quanti---

QUANTIFIED!!!!!
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Flack
Posts: 6638
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Flack » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:23 pm

You were about two logic steps away from proving that Jesus Christ was actually a McRib.

/cue Photoshop.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 6195
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:58 am

pinback wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:Please proceed to explain in measurable terms as to why Jack in the Box food 'sucks'.
100% of the time anyone eats anything from Jack in the Box, they immediately begin vomiting and praying for death. QUANTIFIED!!
Oh please, this is ridiculous. If all of the customers were volmiting and deathly ill, they'd not be eating Jack In The Box, the company would be doing recalls and it would be investigated for food contamination. Since JITB restaurants are franchised it would mean the main supply was contaminated, not individual stores. Have you reported this if it is true or - as I suspect - are you just blowing smoke out your ass?
This signature is limited to 128 characters, or I could have said a few more things.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 14009
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:30 am

Tdarcos wrote:
pinback wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:Please proceed to explain in measurable terms as to why Jack in the Box food 'sucks'.
100% of the time anyone eats anything from Jack in the Box, they immediately begin vomiting and praying for death. QUANTIFIED!!
Oh please, this is ridiculous. If all of the customers were volmiting and deathly ill, they'd not be eating Jack In The Box, the company would be doing recalls and it would be investigated for food contamination. Since JITB restaurants are franchised it would mean the main supply was contaminated, not individual stores. Have you reported this if it is true or - as I suspect - are you just blowing smoke out your ass?
So you're saying, here, on a public forum, that people do NOT vomit and wish for death every single time they eat anything from a Jack in the Box restaurant?

That's what you're asserting here?
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Jesus Christ

Post by Jesus Christ » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:42 pm

In-N-Out Burger.

Fuck The Apple Pan.

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 6195
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:04 pm

pinback wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:
pinback wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:Please proceed to explain in measurable terms as to why Jack in the Box food 'sucks'.
100% of the time anyone eats anything from Jack in the Box, they immediately begin vomiting and praying for death. QUANTIFIED!!
Oh please, this is ridiculous. If all of the customers were volmiting and deathly ill, they'd not be eating Jack In The Box, the company would be doing recalls and it would be investigated for food contamination. Since JITB restaurants are franchised it would mean the main supply was contaminated, not individual stores. Have you reported this if it is true or - as I suspect - are you just blowing smoke out your ass?
So you're saying, here, on a public forum, that people do NOT vomit and wish for death every single time they eat anything from a Jack in the Box restaurant?

That's what you're asserting here?
That's correct. If it was happening there'd be newspaper reports and TV reports about it. Last time JITB had food problems it made national headlines. There'd be hundreds of You Tube postings of TV newscasts.
This signature is limited to 128 characters, or I could have said a few more things.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 14009
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:39 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
That's what you're asserting here?
That's correct. If it was happening there'd be newspaper reports and TV reports about it. Last time JITB had food problems it made national headlines. There'd be hundreds of You Tube postings of TV newscasts.
Look, you're a good friend, and I do respect you, but I really don't know where you're getting your information from here. I thought it was common knowledge that if you place even the smallest portion of Jack in the Box food in your mouth, you will, without fail, begin vomiting and subsequently praying to whatever God you believe in for the sweet, sweet release of oblivion.

I'm-- I'm pretty sure this is a well-known fact, so I think you might need to do a little research before coming on here and stating otherwise.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 6195
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:36 am

pinback wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:
That's what you're asserting here?
That's correct. If it was happening there'd be newspaper reports and TV reports about it. Last time JITB had food problems it made national headlines. There'd be hundreds of You Tube postings of TV newscasts.
Look, you're a good friend, and I do respect you, but I really don't know where you're getting your information from here.
Ben, you could have done this better; the joke would have been funnier if you said "you don't know jack" about The Box.
pinback wrote:I thought it was common knowledge that if you place even the smallest portion of Jack in the Box food in your mouth, you will, without fail, begin vomiting and subsequently praying to whatever God you believe in for the sweet, sweet release of oblivion.

I'm-- I'm pretty sure this is a well-known fact, so I think you might need to do a little research before coming on here and stating otherwise.
I just did. There's nothing about this company in the news except free tacos on Nov. 16.

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - The Outlaw Josie Wales
"Don't try to tell a weasel how to suck eggs." - Unknown


Let me tell you something: a year or so ago one New York City fast food restaurant - I think it was KFC but don't hold me to that - had rats running through it, enough that you could see them from outside and they were filmed frollicking in the closed building. This ONE restaurant got national attention in the newscasts. Now you proceed to tell me that the entire Jack In The Box chain is triggering projectile vomiting of every customer and serious illness in several states and there isn't so much as one news article about it? Not even one mention of this in the media? This is the sort of "large corporations exploit the little guy for profit" story that - to put it bluntly - so called "liberal media" just eat up!

There isn't even credible evidence but some kooks claim 9/11 was a U.S. Government conspiracy, but a major corporation is causing massive illness to hundreds of thousands of people and there's not even one peep about it?

Ben, do us all a favor, Run, do not walk, to Fox News. They could use your kind of talent.
This signature is limited to 128 characters, or I could have said a few more things.

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 14009
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:34 am

Tdarcos wrote:the joke would have been funnier if you said "you don't know jack" about The Box.
I'm... I'm not sure that's true, Paul.
Now you proceed to tell me that the entire Jack In The Box chain is triggering projectile vomiting of every customer and serious illness in several states and there isn't so much as one news article about it? Not even one mention of this in the media?
There are no mentions of this in the media for the same reason there are no mentions of the sun coming up in the morning in the media, because it's not newsworthy, because everyone is already aware of it. Christ, the last three times I went to Jack in the Box, they gave you an extra bag to yack into.

Some of their stuff tastes good, I'm not saying nobody should go there. I'm just saying, I have a problem with a restaurant when placing any of their product inside your body causes said body to immediately reject it, while causing thoughts of turning into oncoming traffic to make the pain and misery subside.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 6195
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Thu Nov 11, 2010 5:14 pm

pinback wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:Now you proceed to tell me that the entire Jack In The Box chain is triggering projectile vomiting of every customer and serious illness in several states and there isn't so much as one news article about it? Not even one mention of this in the media?
There are no mentions of this in the media for the same reason there are no mentions of the sun coming up in the morning in the media, because it's not newsworthy, because everyone is already aware of it.
Oh please, Ben, stop being a douchebag. Nobody is aware of this, it's not happening. The sun does not get attention because it is normal for it to rise in the morning. Food is not supposed to make you sick, and it is extremely unusual when it does. Unusual enough that it would get immediate attention and press coverage.

I mean, I can play a joke as good as any of them but there's a point where you carry it so far that your're flogging a deceased equiine. Drop the whip and let it go, Ben, the joke stopped being funny when you tried to make it sound real, and failed.
Christ, the last three times I went to Jack in the Box, they gave you an extra bag to yack into.

Some of their stuff tastes good, I'm not saying nobody should go there. I'm just saying, I have a problem with a restaurant when placing any of their product inside your body causes said body to immediately reject it, while causing thoughts of turning into oncoming traffic to make the pain and misery subside.
And this is the point here: what kind of a non-douchebag would encourage people to consume stuff that would make them sick?

Besides, this is going waay off the topic of the McRib.
This signature is limited to 128 characters, or I could have said a few more things.

js

Post by js » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:44 pm

Tdarcos wrote:Ben, you could have done this better;
No, I really don't think so, Paul. He's really done a smashing job here; I did not know he had it i him.

Top notch, Pinner. BESTOFFFFFFf

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 14009
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:51 pm

js wrote:
Tdarcos wrote:Ben, you could have done this better;
No, I really don't think so, Paul. He's really done a smashing job here; I did not know he had it i him.

Top notch, Pinner. BESTOFFFFFFf
Thank you! Thank you!

/waves to crowd
/takes single bite of a Sourdough Jack
/starts blowing spew over the first three rows
/drops to knees
/prays for death
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 6195
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Post by Tdarcos » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:33 pm

pinback wrote:Thank you! Thank you!
/waves to crowd
/takes single bite of a Sourdough Jack
/starts blowing spew over the first three rows
/drops to knees
/prays for death
You could try Dave's Antifreeze, I've heard it's very tasty and will do exactly what you want.
This signature is limited to 128 characters, or I could have said a few more things.

ICJ

Post by ICJ » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:45 pm

We'd take the new guy at work to Jack in the Box as a joke because, yeah, you get sick from it. I think Tdarcos is doing a remarkable job pretending to be the guy who hasn't heard of what JITB is like.

Why do people dress up as the JITB guy for Halloween? Because he fits in with zombies, vampires and werewolves.

User avatar
Flack
Posts: 6638
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Post by Flack » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:57 pm

So when ICJ finally makes it to Oklahoma, we will be doing a blind taste test. Four chicken sandwiches from four different restaurants will be purchased and cut into quarters. One will be from Chick-fil-A, one will be from Jack in the Box, the other two have yet to be determined.

Chicken will be eaten. Pictures will be taken. Blogs will be written.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 14009
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Post by pinback » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:12 pm

I'm out in LA this week, and there's a JITB a couple blocks away. Today I decided to prove my "theory" once and for all, went there for lunch, and ate a "Jumbo Jack with cheese."

I would have posted this earlier, but I've been in the bathroom for the last 45 minutes heaving my goddamn innards out all over the floors and walls.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 6195
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Making people sick

Post by Tdarcos » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:18 pm

pinback wrote:I'm out in LA this week, and there's a JITB a couple blocks away. Today I decided to prove my "theory" once and for all, went there for lunch, and ate a "Jumbo Jack with cheese."

I would have posted this earlier, but I've been in the bathroom for the last 45 minutes heaving my goddamn innards out all over the floors and walls.
Which reminds me of a story...

"My sister and brother went out to Cedar Point Amusement Park, in Ohio, when they went on vacation together on earth. They rode the toughest, strongest roller coaster there. Now, they'd been crossing the country stopping at amusement parks, and had been on many coasters, but the one they had there made them sick. Really sick. Especially my sister. It made her sooooo sick..." He stopped.
Harry looks at him. "I remember that gimmick from the TV show Match Game. ‘How sick was she?'"
"She was so sick, she was in the ladies' room next to the coaster, hunched over a commode, puking her guts out into the toilet. But the story here is what happened behind her, two women come in, one of them escorting the other who was probably her mother or grandmother, very elderly lady. They both are discussing how they had just ridden the coaster my sister had just gotten off of and was providing the toilet with her opinion of its strength.
"I don't remember if this is the right name, but let's call that coaster The Raptor for the sake of argument. Well, anyway, the first woman says to her grandmother, ‘So, did you think I was right about the Raptor?'
"‘Yeah, I know. You told me I wouldn't like it, and you were right.'
"‘I don't think we're going to want to come back to this amusement park any more in view of the ride we had on the Raptor.'
"Her grandmother apparently was in agreement. ‘Yeah, it's not really fun here any more, the rollercoasters here, especially the Raptor, are just too tame. We need to find even more exciting ones. I'm only 85, I'd like to have some excitement in my life instead of these weak coasters they have here.'
"After my sister finished emptying her stomach, she - and my brother - spent the rest of the day lying on the beds in their expensive hotel room commiserating how sick that ‘tame' and ‘weak' coaster had made them. In effect, they paid for admission to the park, and a whole day's hotel room rent, to get to ride one roller coaster that made them dreadfully sick. You could say that it was one really expensive coaster ride."
This signature is limited to 128 characters, or I could have said a few more things.

Locked