Turbo Sprint (Amiga AGA) in Emulation

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Turbo Sprint (Amiga AGA) in Emulation

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I bought this game because I love this sort of stuff: https://mcgeezer.itch.io/turbo-sprint

And I am now going to try to get it working on my MiSTer. (It is odd to me that they are still calling the Amiga core the "Minimg", but that's the first thing to remember.)

On itch, the developer says the following:
Turbo Sprint will run on any stock AGA Amiga including A1200/A4000/CD32. If running on a stock machine you must ensure enough chip ram is available (1830kb) by disabling add-on peripherals, this can be done by booting the machine and holding both left and right mouse buttons. Disable any external drives that are attached if running from floppy/ADF.

Although not supported, the game can also be ran direct from Workbench, simply copy the game files from the floppy or extract the supplied LHA archive onto your hard drive and execute the turbo_sprint.exe file.

A WHD slave for the game has also been supplied for convenience, this also is not supported.
So, if I have the .ADF file loaded when I reset the Minimg, I get the Insert-a-Workbench disk graphic. So I guess the .ADF file is not self-booting? That's fine.

My settings are:
Chipset: AGA
Memory: Max for all values.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Turbo Sprint (Amiga AGA) in Emulation

Flack helped me figure it out. I will write down what we did to get it working tomorrow. Or tonight??

Flack

Post by Flack »

All I did was kick the tires and piss on the spark plug.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Wrong kickstart version because the game is too old even for Amiga? :P

Flack

Post by Flack »

The game was released less than a week ago.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 5:31 am The game was released less than a week ago.
The guy did an amazing job on it. While playing it, either the joystick I am using isn't ideal (the 8bit Duo one) or something is wrong with holding the fire button down and moving the joystick left and right. I am going to try a real 2600 joystick and see.

The Kickstart ROM I used and had success with was "KS ROM 3.0 (A1200) rev 39.106". After that it's just a matter of putting settings to AGA/ A1200 wherever possible. I'll note those two after work.