Biohazard / Resident Evil 8

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: Biohazard / Resident Evil 8

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I am in what I thought was a fight with the first vampire daughter Bella.

Nothing I do seems to have an effect on her, in terms of shooting her.

And that's the biggest fuckup with this game. It will absolutely let you expend all your ammo shooting an invulnerable boss. Looking at video walkthroughs there is apparently another small hidden area I missed and you are meant to crawl into it rather than fight the bad guy (girl) like every other shooter. I've never seen this before. You are, according to the video meant to "hold her off."

And if you don't, well, eff you. RE8 has absolutely no respect for the player's time.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Part of me thinks that RE8 would be an amazing text adventure. There is one part where your hand is severed and the way to proceed is to go back and get your hand. I would have never thought to do that in a shooter. But with a text adventure, it kind of has to let you know your hand is still in the room. There are other pieces in RE8 like that.

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

To be honest, other than dorking around in Resident Evil 2 a bit way back in the day, the majority of my Resident Evil playtime has been the Biohazard demo (which says more about how little I've played the other games than putting crazy hours into the demo).

It has multiple endings (which I guess is a Resident Evil thing?), but to get the optimal one, you have to escape one encounter unscathed. Despite online-walkthrough-in-hand, I wasn't able to ever accomplish this.

The demo is short, but considering you have to replay the entire game to get to that scene every time makes the optimal route seem more like an easter egg than a viable thing any normal gamer would find on his own. From what I've read about Resident Evil 4, it sounds like they have been doing this for a while.

Which is fine, I mean. Nothing wrong with having a series where only the people who are really good at it and/or obsess about exploring its every crevice are rewarded. It's just up to the rest of us to decide whether the insane expectations are fun or insulting.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Roody is correct.

The other thing is that many times your boss monster can't be hurt. That's bad design and I don't care for it! I have been consulting a walkthrough for what to do in this game and it has greatly increased my enjoyment.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Haha yeah 100 percent. I just play games to have fun and if I am really interested afterwards I go for more. If I get stuck on stupid too long I look it up. At one point I missed an obvious door. A DOOR. At least I got mad ammo wandering around though..
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

I beat the game last night! Pretty crazy ending.. total time it took me was 25 hours.

Now this has unlocked some challenges and a "even harder" mode that I will try to check out soon. I really hope they come out with a DLC feature more giant vampire lady.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Molly Muffsweet

Post by Molly Muffsweet »

Jizaboz wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:25 pm I beat the game last night! Pretty crazy ending.. total time it took me was 25 hours.

Now this has unlocked some challenges and a "even harder" mode that I will try to check out soon. I really hope they come out with a DLC feature more giant vampire lady.

If you could make a movie half as good as you make a post, we'd have CITIZEN KANE II on our hands.

Only the Sweetest,

Molly Muffsweet.