My King Soopers got shot up!

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

My King Soopers got shot up!

Post by pinback »

https://abcnews.go.com/US/active-shoote ... d=76614488

This is the King Soopers (Kroger) on Table Mesa Drive, in Boulder, CO. If they would turn the camera around and show the other side of Table Mesa, you would see where I lived for like six months back in 2004! I was 100 feet away! I would go to that King Soopers every day! (And the "Tandoori Grill" that keeps showing up in the pictures, I'd go there every week!)

I'm famous!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: My King Soopers got shot up!

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Those were good times. Thank you for watching Newton that/those times. I'm sorry about your grocery store :(
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

I still go to Kroger-owned grocery stores every day, and while this is an unspeakable tragedy, I'd be lying if I said it hadn't occurred to me from time to time.

It's a jar of pickles, you fat fuck. Inspecting every jar like the dead sea scrolls isn't going to make the sodium number go down.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

If the guy was in the self checkout line with four luddites at the kiosks and the real lanes were unstaffed, I'm not saying I'll defend his actions. But I'd understand.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I lived in Denver in the mid 1970s, winter of '71; moved to California, and we spent the first night in an apartment there the night McGovern conceded the election to Nixon, Visited my sister in her apartment in a community at the far end of the RTD commuter bus in Denver probably summer of '74 or '75, then I spent the summer of the Bicentennial with my sister in a house in Denver on Ivanhoe St off of Colfax Ave. I remember visiting King Soopers, but I don't know if they were independent or also owned by Kroger back then.

When I lived over on Baltimore Avenue in University Park, I lived about8 blocks south of a Target (College Park), 8 blocks south of a CVS (College Park), across the street from a Whole Foods (Riverdale Park), about 8 blocks northwest of a Safeway (Hyattsville), 9 blocks Northwest of Target (Hyattsville), and 10 blocks Northwest of Giant of Landover (Hyattsville).

The CVS had two checkout lanes that could be staffed but only one person, who was only at the register when a customer specifically used it. It had five self-service checkouts. The person, who was there primarily to stock shelves, unlocked self-service registers when they had a problem, and handled cash customers at the register when all the self-service units were set to credit/debit card only.

The College Park Junior or Target Express (about 1/4 the size of a regular store) had three cashier stations, one being staffed at all times, and three self-service registers supporting card or cash.

The Hyattsville Target has 18 cashier stations, with about 6 staffed most of the time, and six self-service with one person dedicated to directing the line and fixing problems.

The Giant has 8 cashier stations with about 4 or 5 staffed and 4 self-service with one dedicated assistant/special cashier.

The Safeway had about 8 cashier stations, with 1-3 staffed depending on time of day.
The Whole Foods had about 12 stations with 3-5 staffed.
Neither had self-service stations.

The CVS and the Safeway are open 24/7.
Giant closed at midnight; Target at 10 or 11, 6 on Sunday; Whole Foods at 10.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I was hoping we could get a run down of the staffing levels at every grocery store you've ever been to. Thank you.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I'm still shaking, thinking how close I was to being there. I visited Denver in 2010. I just keep going over in my mind, what if I had visited 11 years later, and been in Boulder instead of Denver, and had visited a grocery store.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Well, since they usually include drug stores, I would expect King Soopers to shoot up. I hear heroin is chic again now.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Sometimes I like to imagine Paul stuck inside the time traveling phone booth from Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, after the antenna was damaged and the booth was uncontrollably hopping through time.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."