Alcohol free bars

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark

Alcohol free bars

Post by AArdvark »

They serve drinks with no alcohol. I know there are juice bars and suchlike...my question is what's the point? I juzt read an article on how great these bars are and I thought the whole concept of craft drinks without alcohol is really dumb.

THE
POINTLESS EXERCISE
AARDVARK

pinback

Re: Alcohol free bars

Post by pinback »

Some people don't like alcohol but still like to hang out in public with friends?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Some people want to piss like a racehorse trough style and still drive themselves home?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Hrm yeah unless it is a "juice bar" then what is the point?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

Well what's the point of a bar with alcohol? You can drink and watch TV at home.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

pinback wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:38 am Well what's the point of a bar with alcohol? You can drink and watch TV at home.
Hm but bars with food sometimes serve things I could not make better at home such as pizza. I like beer with pizza, tequila with fancy nachos, etc. Though of course many restaurants offer the same.. just without the bar experience. Also, I like an occasional fancy cocktail but would rather have a bar tender make me one or two.

I'm with you on this for the most part though. Like I can't use barcades as an example because I can drink beer and play in my own arcade alone or invite people over. I barely watch sports, and never had the desire to watch sports in a bar unless it was say a random world cup game at a Mexican bar. It is very rare I am even in a bar! Aside from the short bar inside Frank's Pizza & Subs, the last time I sat in a bar was probably Robb's wedding!

..and of course I have not been back to a "juice bar" since my early 20s. 1 time there was pretty cool. 2nd time was kinda scary so I never went back lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Flack

Post by Flack »

The worst thing about non-alcoholic bars is they're full of people who would hang out inside non-alcoholic bars.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20 ... h-no-booze

And I guess the drinks are just as expensive as normal drinks. Screw that.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Flack wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:04 pm The worst thing about non-alcoholic bars is they're full of people who would hang out inside non-alcoholic bars.
There you go!
AArdvark wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:34 pm https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20 ... h-no-booze

And I guess the drinks are just as expensive as normal drinks. Screw that.
Yeah! Wouldn't you just rather pay for over-priced soda somewhere else more fun? This is ridiculous!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻