Email crap

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark

Email crap

Post by AArdvark »

Someone used my email to spam the Arbor Day Foundation. I got an email from them thanking me, Meet-80-hot-girls-in your-area, for subscribing to their organization.

I just deleted it

Bugs

Re: Email crap

Post by Bugs »

My Gmail address is just my relatively common surname and a single digit. I got a gmail invite pretty early on, I knew someone who knew someone I guess.

Anywhoodles, the result of such a basic address is that I get quite a bit of email intended for other people. A few times a week at least. Apparently lastnamedigit is very easy to enter incorrectly.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

AArdvark wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:08 pm Someone used my email to spam the Arbor Day Foundation. I got an email from them thanking me, Meet-80-hot-girls-in your-area, for subscribing to their organization.

I just deleted it
Putting the "wood" there for ole Arbor Day, narmean Vark hu hu hu hu
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

I was also an early adopter and lucky enough to get my first and last name. I get a lot of email intended for other people who probably have numbers at the end of the same email address that senders leave off.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

I have both, full name and firstinitiallaatname. People also dont know that gmail doesn't respect the period so people think they have firstdotlast but they come to me. Unsubscribe, unsubscibe, etc.

Molly Muffsweet

Post by Molly Muffsweet »

Bugs wrote: My Gmail address is just my relatively common surname and a single digit. I got a gmail invite pretty early on, I knew someone who knew someone I guess.

Anywhoodles, the result of such a basic address is that I get quite a bit of email intended for other people. A few times a week at least. Apparently lastnamedigit is very easy to enter incorrectly.
Great story. Someday you're gonna say something funny, and ooooooh, will we be surprised. Not at what you say, per se, but at the seas running blood red in conjunction with your post.

Only the Sweetest,

Molly Muffsweet.