Games I've bought recently.

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Games I've bought recently.

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Rogue Company. Epic installer is stuck at 41 percent and says I will "lose my progress" if I cancel the Epic installer. They did a great job with that one.

Himeko Sutori: RPG made by one guy, haven't tried it yet.
TROUBLESHOOTER: Abandoned Children. This one I tried but it wouldn't start, it was "Detecting" graphics or something.
Batman: Arkam City GOTY. I got into fights in this one!
Orwell's Animal Farm: haven't installed it yet, I got bad internet
Joe Danger: Someone made a video stating that Hello Games, who did No Man's Sky, were not the devil. I agree with the video. I bought this because it was on sale and because of that video. Haven't installed it yet.
Factorio: Really good! You have a little dude running around!
Vermitron: Twin-stick shooter. Haven't tried it yet.
Heaven's Vault: Adventure game I haven't started yet.
Missile Command: Recharged: Christ, the last game I have bought and tried. It's good.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Re: Games I've bought recently.

Post by Jizaboz »

I liked the Batman a bit when I first tried it but in some weird way I liked Arkham Asylum more. Probably because I was really into the reboot of Detective Comics back then and I enjoyed playing it on a older PC that had issues with fps/sound cracking. I pirated it at the time because this was still the golden age of usually doing so before you bought it due to the fact I had time to check out every damn thing but not enough money to be blowing on "broken games" and these games ported from consoles to PC were in fact mostly garbage (See Wolfenstein 2009).

Great voice acting in all games. I found myself a bit too frustrated at times in "OK, where the FUCK do I go now?" mode though to finish Arkham City.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

Loop Hero. That's it.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:58 pm Rogue Company. Epic installer is stuck at 41 percent and says I will "lose my progress" if I cancel the Epic installer. They did a great job with that one.
It's one of the most confusing messages I've seen. It will cancel the installation of the game, that is true. But it's also obvious; why would anyone expect the game to be installed while the epic client is not running? However, it will not cancel the download progress. It will only cancel the installation of the game, which everyone even with an IQ of 20 would figure out is gonna happen anyway.

Next time you start the client, it will resume the download. However, because the client programmers are incompetent morons, it will resume from "0%". For example, in a 100GB download, if it's at 50% when you cancel it, the next time you start it, it will not show 50% as progress but 0%. What changed is that instead of 100GB it will now show 50GB to be downloaded.

Seeing how much other stuff the epic client gets completely wrong, it is not surprising that they would also fuck up this part.

It is mind-boggling to me how a multi-billion dollar company with a whole horde of programmers can deliver a job that is worse than what a single, competent programmer would have been able to do in like a couple weeks...

(... says an entitled dude who hasn't bought even a single game on the Epic Turd Store but has received 160 free games there.)

pinback

Post by pinback »

I haven't had any problems with the Epic store or their service. And their refunds are better than Steam's.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:45 am I haven't had any problems with the Epic store or their service. And their refunds are better than Steam's.
I think it's time we had a chat about how much refunding you do. It can be a poll or an intervention.

Ice Cream Jonsey

There was a thread on this BBS where I was going to try to finish Ultima VII. I'm going to try to find it. And finish it.

I'm coming to grips with the fact that I really liked new genres, not new games, and there ain't new genres any more, just nicer graphics.

Ice Cream Jonsey

AINT BOUGHT SHIT LATELY

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:58 pm AINT BOUGHT SHIT LATELY
Have no fear!

We got enough back library around here we wouldn’t have to buy another game if we were sent to prison to 20 years with a decent Pi lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

I've saved a lot of money, that's true.