The Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

The Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Was only able to make my character and start the first mission. I love everything about it so far.

the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Re: The Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by Jizaboz »

This game is fucking awesome.

Everything I was looking for so far in such a game.

They got SAVES right, ICJ mang!! You can almost save where the hell ever you want, plus it has a great backup auto-save system.

I'm basically playing asshole street background guy. With my first go round on HARD mode I just want to fuck shit up.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

It just looks so goddamn good already and I don't have the video card it is supposed to run on. I'm really happy so far.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I could combine every computer I own and still not have enough power to run this game.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Flack wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:08 am I could combine every computer I own and still not have enough power to run this game.
Actually you probably have a PC that will play it assuming it has intel I7, SSD, and 16 GB ram! The real trick after that is the video card. I'm using a 1660ti and can play on ultra at 60 FPS (so long as ray tracing is turned off)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

I've stuck to the missions, have you tried just doing your own thing at all, Jiz?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:05 pm I've stuck to the missions, have you tried just doing your own thing at all, Jiz?
Good question! I did some random shit like ID'ing criminals and ganking them but I found you really don't have a lot any side-quests you can realistically do BEFORE you reach "act" 2 or about 10% done with the main mission. It's hard to stop playing the main missions, honestly. So damn interesting.

My friend came over today to check out the game. At first he didn't want to play or would rather watch me but OF COURSE work was dragging on and I had to deal with that for an hour on the other computer while trying to cook. About 20 minutes into that he picks up the Steam controller and goes to look at stats, inventory etc. That seemed to get his attention and before I know it he's helping me clear a section.. seeing mad more loot laying around than I would have seen. Very hard game to put down once it hooks you.

Met Keanu Reeves. I will not spoil anything for you on that but will just say I was expecting shit to get stupid but nope just more awesome.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Some footage from my puter
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Well since I should not still be up playing but still hardcore thinking about this fucking game..

I recall how excited I was to play GTAV on a fast PC. Totally did not disappoint, but it probably helped I went to California before.

Night City is a completely different place. This has already become a place of dreams for me. It's a horrible view of the future but I think fairly accurate. GTAV5 will be uninstalled now that I have installed Red Dead 2 for 5$ on steam for redneck MP action. I grabbed that for me and my friend that usually never buys games.

But back to Cyberpunk.. I have blue hair and a HUGE dong I hope to eventually put to use.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yes. Regarding the dong. It's a little bullshit that they kept telling us that brain dances are used for sex and then the first one we enter into is a horrible (no spoiler) not-people-having-sex.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Do you guys use any programs to look at CPU and GPU usage during games?

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:45 am Do you guys use any programs to look at CPU and GPU usage during games?
MSI Afterburner. Example:

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Still an RPG. Still enjoying being a huge dick as a Street Kid.

I accepted help from a faction last night only to murder them all because they insulted me after messing with my brain implants. FUCK EM
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

I'm on a mission to work with Kirk and in the neighborhood he is in I am getting my ass one-shot killed by lots of people. I am level 10.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Level 22 one shotting assholes while being an asshole lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Noah NLB

Post by Noah NLB »

Jizaboz wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:51 am Still an RPG.
Nah... The execution of the game was so bad, that it became a sort of half baked action adventure shoot'em up, with all of the RPG elements being toned down that they may not even exist.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Noah NLB wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:49 am
Nah... The execution of the game was so bad, that it became a sort of half baked action adventure shoot'em up, with all of the RPG elements being toned down that they may not even exist.
I mean.. yall can keep whining about the shit but I am having a blast with the game. Tell me all about how unethical the game company is too while you are at it. This game delivered on being an RPG far more than Fallout 4 for for example. Also for example; deciding to kill or not kill an important NPC IS role-playing. The bugs are hilarious, but not game-breaking for me on PC.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

Noah NLB wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:49 am
Why aren't you using your RetroRomper account? Do you need ICJ to reset your password?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.