The Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

bryanb

Re: The Cyberpunk 2077 thread

Post by bryanb »

The Shigeru Miyamoto quote, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad" has been getting passed around some lately with regards to Cyberpunk 2077. I genuinely don't get how a game gets released when it is hopelessly broken on multiple consoles. Could they not just have released on PC first or was it just assumed that console gamers would wait patiently and indefinitely for patches to make the game they purchased eventually playable? If I ever play it, it will be on a PC (well, on some future PC with much better specs than the tin cans I'm currently deploying), but the bad press from the console releases will make people wary of trying the PC version as well. CD Projekt Red does have testers, right? The company had to have had some inkling of what was coming down the pipeline.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

The Shigeru Miyamoto quote, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad" has been getting passed around some lately with regards to Cyberpunk 2077.
I would like to HUMBLY and without conflict state that Miyamoto was living in a world of cartridges when he said that.

It is weird that they did not delay the console releases.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Think I am getting near my first play-thru but I keep doing side quest to ensure I have 20 (max) reflex & mixed other stats and get to play with this class and it's choices as much as possible. Already looking forward to playing again next time as a female with high int instead. My dude can't hack for shit lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

There is a hack out to get you a new haircut! Everyone has a nicer haircut than my character so I think I am going to try it.

Also, I am tired of getting one-shot by enemies. Not sure if it's my level or my gear that I need to improve.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:23 am Also, I am tired of getting one-shot by enemies. Not sure if it's my level or my gear that I need to improve.
What mode are you playing? In hard mode I still get 1-shotted or damn near it fairly often against tough enemies with sniper rifles or shotguns. However, it depends on what area you are in and yeah it depends a lot on gear. I basically just equip whatever has the highest defense no matter how stupid looking it is until I come across something better.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Noah NLB

Post by Noah NLB »

pinback wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:20 pm
Noah NLB wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:49 am
Jizaboz wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:51 am Still an RPG.
Nah... The execution of the game was so bad, that it became a sort of half baked action adventure shoot'em up, with all of the RPG elements being toned down that they may not even exist.
Why aren't you using your RetroRomper account? Do you need ICJ to reset your password?
This is your one warning to cut this shit out with me.

pinback

Post by pinback »

How many warnings do I get, and what is the punishment for failing to heed them?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Noah NLB

Post by Noah NLB »

Jizaboz wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 11:36 am
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:23 am Also, I am tired of getting one-shot by enemies. Not sure if it's my level or my gear that I need to improve.
What mode are you playing? In hard mode I still get 1-shotted or damn near it fairly often against tough enemies with sniper rifles or shotguns. However, it depends on what area you are in and yeah it depends a lot on gear. I basically just equip whatever has the highest defense no matter how stupid looking it is until I come across something better.
Okay, my overall tang with Cyberpunk was that after you put in a couple of hours, the ways to cheese the AI become so painfully obvious, that I started to feel like I wasn't playing the game CD Projekt Red wanted me to if I didn't take advantage of their shortcomings. That is on top of the "this ain't GTA V" police bulletins, where the cops would spawn on top of me, and then immediately disengage from combat 8 out of 10 times. After both of those systems began to disappoint, the entire hacking "tech deck" skill tree I invested in also left me feeling a bit... Disappointed would be the word, because I was expecting Shadowrun: Hong Kong style immersion and a boat load of features on top, whereas that entire skill tree comes down to "point at enemy, press button, watch enemy sizzle to the ground."

Bugs and even over polished gameplay trailers aside, the game I played wasn't the one they have been presenting and advertising to me over the past eight years.

Noah NLB

Post by Noah NLB »

pinback wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:33 am How many warnings do I get, and what is the punishment for failing to heed them?
You only get the one.

As per punishment, I can't do any worse than the look that Kat gives you when she looks into your eyes, and realizes everything her therapist told her about battered wife syndrome was right.

pinback

Post by pinback »

You have no proof of that.

Noah NLB

Post by Noah NLB »

I am just so done with you.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Wow, we finally found something you don't like! I'd consider this a rousing success.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

pinback wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:57 am Wow, we finally found something you don't like! I'd consider this a rousing success.
LOL Yeah please, tell us about more shit you don't like. Especially shit you have not even played!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Noah NLB

Post by Noah NLB »

Cyberpunk 2077 will turn into one of those "I'll pick it back up in a year or two" sort of games, since they've at least said they're committing to fixing the bugs that pull the game down. Not too sure where the overlap will be between missing or broken features of the game itself, as my mind wonders how the Police AI was supposed to actually behave? Other glaring omissions were the reactive as opposed to passive AI that go on about the exact same routine and writing these things out, I am feeling they're moving towards the "griping" territory.

But is this a game, or a tech demo?

Noah NLB

Post by Noah NLB »

Jizaboz wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:53 am
pinback wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:57 am Wow, we finally found something you don't like! I'd consider this a rousing success.
LOL Yeah please, tell us about more shit you don't like. Especially shit you have not even played!
Ya, like water.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Noah NLB wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:57 pm
Jizaboz wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:53 am
Ya, like water.
Wait a minute, I was attacking Retro, and then it looked like Jiz came out and attacked ME. You piling on is reasonable because I guess we are enemies now? But I don't understand Jiz's comment.

I don't know what's going on here anymore.

Can I get clarity on who are enemies here?

Noah NLB

Post by Noah NLB »

pinback wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:03 am Can I get clarity on who are enemies here?
Why don't you go back stressing for the day the Sheriff comes by with that restraining order for Domestic Abuse?

pinback

Post by pinback »

I'm also not understanding the new domestic abuse angle.

I have a lot of questions about this thread.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Noah NLB wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:24 am
pinback wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:03 am Can I get clarity on who are enemies here?
Why don't you go back stressing for the day the Sheriff comes by with that restraining order for Domestic Abuse?
I have deactivated your account.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

pinback wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:03 am I don't know what's going on here anymore.

Can I get clarity on who are enemies here?
Doesn't make sense to me either, but I ain't mad bro!
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:34 am I have deactivated your account.
COOL.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻