Weird Shit in 2020

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Re: Weird Shit in 2020

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:36 am It has nothing to do with stadium owners being greedy.
It does when whatever money is made from either revenues from television (if the owner is requiring this) or purchased advertisements (if the broadcaster is) apparently regular advertising breaks aren't enough, they have to resort to pasting ads during the program on the floor.
Flack wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:36 am Floor advertisements are not cheaper than floor advertisements.
I'm not sure what you're saying, I'm saying they have to resort to putting virtual advertisements on the floor.
Flack wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:36 am The NBA is the stadium owner.
I call bullshit. Sports stadiums are usually owned by the team or a real estate investor, or the municipality where the stadium is located. The Los Angeles stadium - Staples Center - where both basketball teams play is owned by AEG, which owns a number of stadiums and is not part of the NBA.

Ted Leonsis, owner of the Washington Wizards, owns the company that owns the Verizon Center, where the team plays.

Name one - just one - stadium used to play basketball where the owner of record is NATIONAL BASKETBALL ASSOCIATION, INC. of New York.
Flack wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:36 am They are not using green screens or blue screens.
I did not say it was chroma key, I said it was similar, in that the computer handling video is supposed to know what the floor looks like and only replace the pixels that are the floor so it looks like the ad is on the floor, not across the players, as it happened in the above image.
Flack wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:36 am I'm sure you got some other things wrong but I haven't had my coffee yet.
Well, so far, it looks like, for once, I didn't get any wrong.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

The NBA finals are being played at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World Resort near Orlando, Florida. The NBA had the courts updated to meet the requirements of the NBA playoffs, and are now part owners of the court. The ads have nothing to do with the stadium owners being greedy. The logos are virtual because they are changing them between games and don't have time to change things like each team's logo.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Apparently some Tampa Bay hockey fans were watching the Stanley Cup finals on tv and they yelled for the player to shoot! shoot! and a neighbor heard them and called the police

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Cat Dracula has returned.. at least to eat food I put out for him and jet. Ring camera helped. This year shows promise.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

whoa, that's great! Buddy, I'm sincerely happy for you. I don't even have jokes. Had you been putting food out for six months? You are my new cat hero if so.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Off and on yeah. There was another cat that kept coming around that looked like it was from the same family that I was feeding.. then he just started showing up! Haven't been able to get him to come back inside yet, but just good to know he's still alive.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Is it fixed?

People shouldn't feed feral cats that aren't fixed, they have no natural predators except cars and they kill millions of birds a year.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Casual Observer wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:00 pm they kill millions of birds a year.
Cool.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻