L.A. Noire

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark

L.A. Noire

Post by AArdvark »

So I've been playing this off and on, mostly off, for the last few weeks now. Something was kinda bugging me, like I've played it before, or something like it but I don't know how or where as I only bought it a few months ago. I dislike paying top dollar for PS3 games when I can simply wait a few years and get it second-hand for ten bucks delivered. So I was playing it and then it hit me, the questioning mechanic is almost exactly like the C64 game Law Of The West.

Jizaboz

Re: L.A. Noire

Post by Jizaboz »

Haha yeah I can see that. I really liked LA Noire. The interrogation scenes were great.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I suck at it , I have no intuition and I'm too trustworthy to be a good detective. But the game is fun, It's like GTA or Mafia 2, only without machine guns and random violence. There's so much stuff to discover that I may never see all of it. Haven't even see a collectable film reel yet and I'm almost halfway through the game. I guess that's called replayability.

THE
STILL WORKING ON IT
AARDVARK

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Welp, I may never beat the game now, I bricked my PS3

I was performing open heart surgery and the patient died

THE
ONE IN THE
LOSS COLUMN
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Were ya MODDING it??
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Trying to replace the heat sink paste with some Arctic 4. The thing was overheating after 10 minutes

Flack

Post by Flack »

Well, you fixed the problem.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:54 pm Well, you fixed the problem.
Flack, unlike his former XBox, your comment was really cold.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Never finished it either. I got bored about halfway through. There was no plot to keep me playing it. Just disconnected episodes that had nothing to do with each other.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

*Detective Phelps grimace*

I loved this game, but most people said it was a total snore. The disconnected stories thing does sort itself out later but by then you.. well, spoiler.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

AArdvark wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:07 pm Trying to replace the heat sink paste with some Arctic 4. The thing was overheating after 10 minutes
Good luck!
Tdarcos wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:48 pm
Flack wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:54 pm Well, you fixed the problem.
Flack, unlike his former XBox, your comment was really cold.
OHHHH
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

The game is (was) growing on me. I found myself not being able to play it propefly unless there was no noise or distractions becausd you have to think about what the suspects are saying and remember if there's evidence of them lying to you. It's not just random gta violence and gunfights.I was about halfway through with it and can see the story arc about the morphine getting onto the streets.Might just watch the rest of it on YouTube and be done with it

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

The console was sounding like a jet taking off with the fan running on high all the time and it started giving me overheat warnings

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Ok, I beat it, now what do I do with the game? For some reason I thought there was a Free Ride Extreme thing that unlocks after you finish the story. guess not

THE
JUST DRIVE AROUND
AARDVARK

Roody_Yogurt

Post by Roody_Yogurt »

I never really got a hang of the interrogation stuff and pretty much resented how I had to stick to a walkthrough to not flub it non-stop. My favorite thing was just one of the nicely-noir songs that would play when you drive, especially if it was raining. I didn't quite get why they do that thing where all of the cameo voice actors have models that exactly look like themselves. It really breaks the immersion.

I never watched "The Two Jakes" until after beating LA Noire so I was kind of glad that LA Noire had made me feel like I had been in that place already (of course, I'd already seen Chinatown, but LA Noire is no Chinatown).

Anyhow, if you really want to play something that, to me, really recalls "Law of the West," I'd suggest the game Westerado. Like Law of the West, it's very silly and you can basically start shooting at any moment. I haven't played very far except to go, whoa, this is so Law of the West!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I did like the Doctor Tom, er ( Robert Clendenin) npc. Out loud I said: "I know that guy!" It's the first time I've ever said that about a videogame character

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Now I want to play it again and just hit the 'you're lying' button for every question throughout the game.