Coronavirus Adventures

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

AArdvark

Re: Coronavirus Adventures

Post by AArdvark »

Pfizer. I honestly didn't know untill I consulted the card they gave me

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

No one at the coast except 3 people I saw in random shops wearing masks. Inland, we have fewer people wearing masks than wearing them and mad more chin-strappers lol. Dude, wtf are you even doing with that shit on your chin?

The last Smithfield BBQ you reach east bound on I-40 (one of the original locations) hasn’t required their employees to wear masks for a while now and the dining room is filled with people of all ages.

(Aw yeah)

Meanwhile, in my main town inland we still have places like Zaxby’s too scared to even open the dining room lol
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Round two completed. Bill Gates says hi via my brainwaves

Flack

Post by Flack »

There are no mask requirements here in Florida. We asked one of the people here how COVID has affected the beach resorts and she said "it didn't." So far we've only found two shops/stores with signs on the door asking people to wear a mask. In both stores, I was the only person wearing a mask.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Flack wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:41 pm There are no mask requirements here in Florida. We asked one of the people here how COVID has affected the beach resorts and she said "it didn't." So far we've only found two shops/stores with signs on the door asking people to wear a mask. In both stores, I was the only person wearing a mask.
This has also been the general vibe since June of last year in the Morehead City area, but nowhere near the level as FL because of different governors.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Ugh, I'm 2 weeks past my second shot but the wife is still fucking paranoid about this shit. Now it's the "strains" , even though study after study shows the vaccine works as well against even the deadly "Delta" strain. We're still wiping shit down when we get it home from the store. One thing for sure though, I'm getting a fucking haircut for the first time in a year and a half.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

NY just lifted all mask requirements, because I finally got my second shot. Kidding! I might still mask up at the stores though

Flack

Post by Flack »

Casual Observer wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:09 pm Ugh, I'm 2 weeks past my second shot but the wife is still fucking paranoid about this shit. Now it's the "strains" , even though study after study shows the vaccine works as well against even the deadly "Delta" strain. We're still wiping shit down when we get it home from the store. One thing for sure though, I'm getting a fucking haircut for the first time in a year and a half.
Everybody adapted to the lockdown and masks at different paces, and what I've experienced is that people are walking away from it all at different paces as well. I still wear a mask when entering a store that displays signage specifically asking people to wear one, but if I walk in and more than half the people don't have one on, it comes off. I went into a Buc-ees today and there were at least 250-300 people inside without masks. A few hours later we visited the Museum of Death in New Orleans and had to wear a mask even though there were only a couple dozen people inside. We're on our way home from our first road trip in a year and a half and the rules are all over the f'ing place.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Great news (sarcasm), my boss just called to let me know several folks on our team have Covid after this week's sales retreat in NYC. I feel pretty good, worse for wear from the drinking we did so hopefully I'm good. The wife is freaking out but I'm like I can handle the flu, I'll be fine I'm sure.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I developed a mild cough and I love not having to worry about this crap because I have science super-powers flowing through me.

Just for good measure I slapped the fuck out of a pile of rubella, too. Fuck around and find out BITCH - you can't hurt me.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer

Negative home antigen test, I'm superman like icj said. Test was cool as shit, connected to my phone easier than anything. Open, pair, pour, swab, screw, droplets, 15 min weirdly exactly, done. My boss is quarantined 14days

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Casual Observer wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:09 pm Now it's the "strains" , even though study after study shows the vaccine works as well against even the deadly "Delta" strain.
For more good news, you could tell her, that scientists have also detected a "lambda" strain. I'll bet video coverage of your subsequent divorce proceedings would be very interesting...
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

The divorce would only happen if CO were to force her to watch the new movie "Lambda: The Forbidden Strain" with him. Watch it with Flack instead, CO. Trust me on this one.

Casual Observer

Tdarcos wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:37 am
Casual Observer wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:09 pm Now it's the "strains" , even though study after study shows the vaccine works as well against even the deadly "Delta" strain.
For more good news, you could tell her, that scientists have also detected a "lambda" strain. I'll bet video coverage of your subsequent divorce proceedings would be very interesting...
It cannot be ignored that the Commander is the only one here who correctly picked up on the "divorce" innuendos which means he's not so autistic as we were lead to believe, so much the better!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Masks are back ON in the mountains were I live. For businesses. I don't care either way but I'm going to be carrying masks around for the next year. The only thing I don't want is to have a mask at home while a business wants one worn. So I'll be carrying.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:17 pm Masks are back ON in the mountains were I live. For businesses. I don't care either way but I'm going to be carrying masks around for the next year. The only thing I don't want is to have a mask at home while a business wants one worn. So I'll be carrying.
Adam Sandler did a rap called "Phone, Wallet, Keys" which is about how he never leaves the house without those three things. (Other things get added later.) I have a bowl in our entryway where I keep my keys and wallet and every time I leave the house I say "phone, wallet, keys" and make sure I have all three of those things on me. Beginning last year it became "phone, wallet, keys, mask." I knew wearing cargo shorts for 20 years would eventually pay off. I have two or three cloth masks that I rotate. My wife just keeps a box of 100 in her car so she always has one on hand.

Casual Observer

Snohomish county requires masks once again. There are mask security guards again at Safeway etc. Apparently 90% of 27 members of our "North American Retreat" tested positive for Covid after a week in NYC. I dodged the bullet apparently but the outcomes really did go along with what experts said. The vaccinated folks who tested positive had at most a sore throat and a fever. The unvaxxed folks didn't work all week.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-vacc ... accinated/

I guess they have reached the "Let's just start making shit up" phase now.

"We find that people who have been vaccinated are carrying high levels of the virus are are continuing to get infected. So, get vaccinated so that you have less risk of having to be thrown in the hospital"

LOL this shit must be super confusing for those that believed the health and media outlets from the get-go hook line and sinker.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

And here is CDC lady saying yesterday that an Israeli study shows that those who were vaccinated early are now at an increased risk of infection so.. of course go get more shots!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:32 am https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-vacc ... accinated/

I guess they have reached the "Let's just start making shit up" phase now.

"We find that people who have been vaccinated are carrying high levels of the virus are are continuing to get infected. So, get vaccinated so that you have less risk of having to be thrown in the hospital"

LOL this shit must be super confusing for those that believed the health and media outlets from the get-go hook line and sinker.
Reading that article, I'm super grateful we have the vaccines because otherwise those people with the Delta variant and giant viral loads would be dead. Deceased. No more. An ex-parrot.