And another one hits the floor, as in, I dropped two tablets

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

And another one hits the floor, as in, I dropped two tablets

Post by Tdarcos »

I got a second tablet two days ago and was setting it up when I made the wrong move and the fucker slid off my stomach, struck the floor and cracked the screen. Unfortunately I no longer have an American Express card so I eat the $68. The rubber protector was due to arrive that night, and did. Two hours too late.

So I went back on Amazon and in my orders I clicked on "Buy It Again," so it shows up today. I'm worried and very careful. I want to put the rubber suit on - the same one that's on the $95 one except it's blue instead of pink. But I need to insert the micro SD card - it inserts in a slot behind a cover plate that cannot be accesses when the rubber suit is on - so I need to get that in. I do, I close the plate on, then get the rubber suit squeezed on.

I try hitting the on/off (power) button, nothing happens. Oh great, it's arrived DOA. Calm down, Paul, unlike most tablets this one was probably shipped with a fully discharged battery. So I bring the Micro USB power cord over and charge it for a few minutes, then give the power button a flick. The battery is so low that the initial power display literally reads 0%. So I let it charge for an hour. And when I try flicking the button, it actually boots, showing the Mediatec logo. It's at 12% and charging. But I have to stop because lunch is here. So I put the tablet back on my box.

Wouldn't you know it, this goddam brand-new tablet fell off the box and slid to the floor! But, I lucked out, I had put the rubber suit on. I pull it up by the power cord - it's actually in tight enough i can pull up the tablet by the cord - and guess what, nothing happened. Clicked on the power button and it comes right out of sleep mode. This makes me feel good that I have another suit on the $95 one. And it only costs $12.95. It's definitely worth it.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Jizaboz

Re: And another one hits the floor, as in, I dropped two tablets

Post by Jizaboz »

Good save! As cool looking the slim iPhone 7 from Walmart for 200$ I bought 2 years ago was out the box, the first thing I did was slap a dorky Otter rubber on it.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

The issue with assault weapons really has to do with the amount of ammo it can hold. I had a 22 semi auto rifle as a teen and you could insert maybe 6 bullets into the slot. There's no reason a deer hunter needs a clip with dozens of bullets and if he does then he's such a bad shot then he shouldn't be hunting in the first place. Also, I'd say a 22 caliber isn't ideal for deer hunting, way too small. The ar-15 was designed to maim people instead of kill, because injuring someone on a battlefield takes at least 2 or more people out of the fight as they help the injured guy. Also, the ar-15 can be converted into fully auto with either modifications or more easily with a bump stock.

This country has a huge mass shooting problem and all we can do about is chip away at the fringe issues like assault style weapons, bump stocks, large clips, and gun show loopholes.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

And you guys complain about Paul going off topic, talk about coming out of left field.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Oh it's just wrong base posting

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

ROFL CO

What are you on about, mate?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I sent that tablet back. For some unknown reason, the earphone socket does not work. It won't lock on the jack, which it has to do to use headphones or FM radio. The $95 tablet included a very nice set of stereo earbuds with microphone for use if you either install a cellular sim card or use MagicApp.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Oh I forgot to mention, I sent the tablet back, with the option "replace with the same item," so hopefully the new one comes with a working earphone socket.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Right, but that's not going to help Toronto get over the hump as long as the current president and general manager are concerned with getting rid of Anthopolous's guys. They have gotten a shitty return on every single trade they have made. Dumb fucks on the Jays sites will trumpet the Osuna trade as one where we "got over" on Houston, but we traded a 22 year old closer who was fully capable of locking down the closer position for the next 20 years for a dude who's having one good year on a basement dweller in Ken Giles. What a joke. They will absolutely try to trade Stroman instead of extending him for no other reason than they didn't bring him up. I guarantee you they will get a shitty return for players that don't amount to anything and then we'll all go gee, wish we had a #1 pitcher when all the position players come up.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Hahaha ICJ with our sports update!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:33 am Right, but that's not going to help Toronto get over the hump as long as the current president
Jonsey, much as you may dislike Donald Trump, I assure you, unless he plans to invade Canada - you can never tell what Trump might do - he has absolutely no effect on Toronto.

(Hey, if Jonsey can go off-topic in the wrong thread, I think its only fair I return the favor by "misunderstanding"his post.)

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:28 pm Jonsey, much as you may dislike Donald Trump, I assure you, unless he plans to invade Canada - you can never tell what Trump might do - he has absolutely no effect on Toronto.
http://www.iheartradio.ca/newstalk-1010 ... -1.2459104
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."