ICJ's photography thread

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: ICJ's photography thread

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Those look great! Great composition and the colors you've chosen to bring out the Canyon and such really make them pop. We're on satellite internet so I was only able to look at them in the grid form because otherwise it would be all night to look closely. I hope you're enjoying shooting. I left my camera in my car for a week and brought it out today. It had gotten to freezing each of the last days. Seems OK for the wear, fingers crossed.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

nessman

Post by nessman »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:06 pm
Those look great! Great composition and the colors you've chosen to bring out the Canyon and such really make them pop. We're on satellite internet so I was only able to look at them in the grid form because otherwise it would be all night to look closely. I hope you're enjoying shooting. I left my camera in my car for a week and brought it out today. It had gotten to freezing each of the last days. Seems OK for the wear, fingers crossed.
Satellite internet? Isn't HughesNet and others boasting 25 mbps speeds nowadays? Or is that the maximum potential so long as you're the only one on it? I have a number of VSAT systems at work I maintain that give us a few mbps. Where the heck are you living these days that you can't get cable/fiber?

Thanks - yeah... the pictures don't do the subject matter much justice after seeing it in person. Needed a little 'pop' for the visual appeal.
If the First Amendment will protect a scumbag like me, it will protect all of you. - Larry Flynt

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

Yeah, those photos are great, nessman. The animal shots make it look like they're actually trying to pose for you. Arizona seems like an ideal vacation spot for a photographer. I wonder if Jeff has ever been there -- some of his Colorado rock pics wouldn't look completely out of place in nessman's album.

Ice Cream Jonsey

nessman wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:25 pm Satellite internet? Isn't HughesNet and others boasting 25 mbps speeds nowadays? Or is that the maximum potential so long as you're the only one on it? I have a number of VSAT systems at work I maintain that give us a few mbps. Where the heck are you living these days that you can't get cable/fiber?

Thanks - yeah... the pictures don't do the subject matter much justice after seeing it in person. Needed a little 'pop' for the visual appeal.
I'm in Golden, CO and we have satellite internet only in the area where we are. :(

nessman

Post by nessman »

bryanb wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:06 pm Yeah, those photos are great, nessman. The animal shots make it look like they're actually trying to pose for you. Arizona seems like an ideal vacation spot for a photographer. I wonder if Jeff has ever been there -- some of his Colorado rock pics wouldn't look completely out of place in nessman's album.
Yes and no - it can be either spectacular geologic eye candy, or miles and miles and miles of absolutely nothing.

Colorado and the Rockies are on my bucket list. I'm sure the pictures don't do it any justice.
If the First Amendment will protect a scumbag like me, it will protect all of you. - Larry Flynt

nessman

Post by nessman »

I'm in Golden, CO and we have satellite internet only in the area where we are. :(
No fixed wireless / WISP ?

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

https://broadbandnow.com/Colorado/Golden

I assume all wired companies cannot reach you? Even DSL would be better. Damn, I thought being surrounded by fiber while stuck in a cable monopoly was bad..
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Where we specifically are in Golden, Comast/Xfinity doesn't reach. So I have sort of ignored pages that have them on it. I think they do service the city proper.

Comcast would never come out and say to me specifically that no, they don't service my area until I tried to schedule a time for someone to come out. I had figured out early on that they wouldn't do it, but they were sooooooooooooooooooo happy with smelling themselves that right up until they had to send a tech, it was yup, absolutely, we definitely service that area.