Things What I Don't Like About The New BBS.

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Re: Things What I Don't Like About The New BBS.

Post by pinback »

Did the format of this BBS change slightly? On both my phone and desktop, it seems... "wider". Like the margins on either side were reduced.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Oh also I can't quote messages or post new threads anymore.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

The post background is one solid color, I can't create new threads, post reply no longer works. Two thumbs down on the new changes.

pinback

Post by pinback »

Nice job, Retro.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I guess we just have to live with the changes because obviously nothing is getting done about it.

Guide to using JC BBS for new and current members:

1. "Quick Reply" is the only function that works. Deal with it.
2. Try to fit whatever you have to say in one of the already existing threads. Be creative.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I didn't do anything. This is disturbing.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I upgraded the BBS and then forced us to a different theme. I think functionality at least works now.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

That's what you all get for neither commenting, noting, nor using RetroRomper's cool looking high score screen.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I don't like how the register button is to the right of the login button because sometimes I go to log in and my hand travels just a little too much to the right and I click the register button by mistake. Then I have to back out. If the register button could be moved, even having the three buttons go in order of Register FAQs Login, that would give enough of a buffer to prevent this from happening.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Billy Mays wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:10 pm I don't like how the register button is to the right of the login button because sometimes I go to log in and my hand travels just a little too much to the right and I click the register button by mistake. Then I have to back out. If the register button could be moved, even having the three buttons go in order of Register FAQs Login, that would give enough of a buffer to prevent this from happening.
Nobody here is a developer of the open source phpbb software, stackweed.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Casual Observer wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:19 amNobody here is a developer of the open source phpbb software, stackweed.
I don't know what ICJ does or what his skill set is, it just seems like he's really into this sort of stuff so I figured why not ask?

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

ICJ, when not logged in the forum only shows a few of the wonderful thread bases (again, this happened last time too).

Aren't you concerned that it will affect the new member acquisition rate if we hide our best shit? Think about what that will do to the valuation and exit strategy.

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

Casual Observer wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:06 pm ICJ, when not logged in the forum only shows a few of the wonderful thread bases (again, this happened last time too).

Aren't you concerned that it will affect the new member acquisition rate if we hide our best shit? Think about what that will do to the valuation and exit strategy.
Good point, CO. I usually just login if I think I might have something to post so I definitely miss being able to browse all the bases without being logged in. Also, our as of yet unannounced strategy of luring AArdvark back with outrageously high quality content pretty much depends on him being able to see all the posts without logging in. (There's also the part where we hire a phisher on Fiverr to craft a deceptive email to fool Vark into actually visiting the forum index. I didn't say this was going to be easy.)

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

bryanb wrote: Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:57 pmI definitely miss being able to browse all the bases without being logged in.
I'd like to second this.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

In view of the fact this site has a valid HTTPS certificate the login page should be forced to HTTPS so login credentials are not exposed in the clear.

Not a big deal, but still, you never can tell how many thousands of spammers might want to steal login credentials to post lucrative advertising, making others think the ads were approved by the poster. Or worse, that they were getting paid for them. That might make them look hypocritical.

- - -
Are you sick of seeing ads everywhere and wish the advertisers would eat shit and die a fucking agonizing death? Well, Zenith Guns and Ammo may be able to help! We've juat opened a new store for explosives and ordnance.
This posting was sponsored by Zenith Guns and Ammo, Inc.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

What the fuck is UTC time? Nobody here should be forced to do the math or figure that shit out. This is a goddamn outrage!

Casual Observer

Billy Mays wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:14 am What the fuck is UTC time? Nobody here should be forced to do the math or figure that shit out. This is a goddamn outrage!
Www.timeanddate.com

Alternatively: google utc

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Casual Observer wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:21 pm
Billy Mays wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:14 am What the fuck is UTC time? Nobody here should be forced to do the math or figure that shit out. This is a goddamn outrage!
Www.timeanddate.com

Alternatively: google utc
Stop being a busybody, this has nothing to do with you.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

UTC is what computers run on. Sorry you're (still) a complete retard, but now we now you also can't do simple math!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

The Happiness Engine wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:40 am UTC is what computers run on. Sorry you're (still) a complete retard, but now we now you also can't do simple math!
But as it turns out you are the retard here! If you were capable of reading the title of this thread, which you have clearly demonstrated you can't, you would know that your comment here is off topic.