Ultima 7

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz

Re: Ultima 7

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 6:33 am
Jizaboz wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:03 pm “What’s a Paladin” is also a loading message in Shroud of Avatar :)
Are they trying to own that? They are trying to roll with it! I think Garriot had nothing to do with 9 though right?
He directed it lol. The whole ordeal is confusing. And so is Shroud of the Avatar. It’s like Ultima theme meets 2nd Life with combat or something. I was into it at first but now not so much.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Jizaboz wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:55 pmHe directed it lol. The whole ordeal is confusing.
There's a TV in U9 that plays "E. A. Sports. It's in the game."

No so confusing after all.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

RealNC wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:56 pm
Jizaboz wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:55 pmHe directed it lol. The whole ordeal is confusing.
There's a TV in U9 that plays "E. A. Sports. It's in the game."

No so confusing after all.
Man that looks really bad. The weird part is the UI and general look of it is very close to a “low res” version of SOTA haha. Why they would go that direction with the new game is beyond me.

I also notice one TV plays an ad for Ultima Online 2 which was never released. The combination of “development hell” and the existence of the already thriving Ultima Online at the time probably sucked a lot of life out of U9
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Ok, time to bump this and give it another shot.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Playing this in stretches this week has been the most calming thing going on in my life. What a classic!

Ice Cream Jonsey

I don't know what it is, but I love the beginning of this game and just walking around and talking to people.

I also love the fact that you can sorta figure out what everything is, but if you don't know you can click on an item and the game just tells you what it is (bottom right corner, for instance).

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Fuck yeah. Murder investigation in Trinsic.

I have beat the original and the side quest thing but have not done Serpent’s Hold yet.

Also still to do:

Eventually beat ultima 5. U5 introd me to IBM compatible games when I was 11 or 12 and blew my mind, dudes.

P.S. if you really get into this you should join my Ultima Online shard(s)! No pressure. Hell, we aren’t even paying taxes in Obsidian shard lately.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻