Christmas is here again

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Re: Christmas is here again

Post by pinback »

Don't jinx it, still got 30 hours to go.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Inspired by my favorite meme of the moment... don't forget that tonight at midnight is Ramones Time. ("2020 24 hours to goooo...")
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

bryanb

Post by bryanb »

Flack wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:12 pm Inspired by my favorite meme of the moment... don't forget that tonight at midnight is Ramones Time. ("2020 24 hours to goooo...")
I guess we're all going to need to be sedated tonight. Unfortunately, my "natural" OTC sleeping pills don't seem to work very well.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:12 pm . don't forget that tonight at midnight is Ramones Time.
Flack, be careful about playing The Ramones, you don't want your mouse to explode, do you?
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Got me a kick-ass DSLR for Christmas this year!

Too bad they stopped making film for it.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

AArdvark wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:54 am Got me a kick-ass DSLR for Christmas this year!
[image of a 1930s's-style news photographer's camera]
Too bad they stopped making film for it.
'Vark, DSLR stands for "digital single-lens reflex," meaning it is a digital camera, it does not use film. The joke would have worked better if you said they stopped making floppy disks for it, and showed an image of one of the old 8" floppy disks from the late 1970s and early 1980s (I used to own about a dozen of these, the PDP-11/03 minicomputer used them.)

This is not that far fetched, because Kodak actually invented the firsty digital camera back in the '70s, and it used floippy disks. Someone at Kodak realized (correctly) that this would cannibalize film sales, and shelved it, not realizing that if they could create a digital camera, someone else could, and failing to realize that if a new invention is going to cannibalize your market, it's better you do it than have someone else both eat your lunch and take all the money doing so.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Sigh...The joke was fine.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Tdarcos wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:16 pmThis is not that far fetched, because Kodak actually invented the firsty digital camera back in the '70s, and it used floippy disks. Someone at Kodak realized (correctly) that this would cannibalize film sales, and shelved it, not realizing that if they could create a digital camera, someone else could, and failing to realize that if a new invention is going to cannibalize your market, it's better you do it than have someone else both eat your lunch and take all the money doing so.
This is a site full of people from Rochester NY, I think we know the damn story.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I didn't want to say anything, he hasn't been on here in a while.

Flack

Post by Flack »

He's kind of like Beetlejoke these days. Say enough funny jokes and he shows up out of nowhere to ruin them.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."