I want to digitize my negatives

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz

Re: I want to digitize my negatives

Post by Jizaboz »

AArdvark wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:20 pm We were playing a lot of Donkey Kong Country on the SNES at the time
LOL I literally heard that "keka-pow!" sound in my head as soon as I saw this picture. Man, that game was fucking amazing back then. I was a freshman in highschool back then and my mom had bought us a SNES packaged with Zelda and Donkey Kong Country on the side as surprise gifts to me and my sister. One of the best Xmas's I remember.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

The SNES was a big hit with the kids. Even better when I bought a big cheat code book at Blockbuster. The only way I could beat Super Metroid.

THE
L-R-L-R-U-D-U-R1-R2

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

This is me trying to be Doc Edgerton. I'm firing my sawed off BB gun in total darkness and trying to time the photograph to capture the pellet as it emerges. I sprayed WD-40 down the barrel for effect.

The REAL Real Man

Post by The REAL Real Man »

The ice storm! How vividly I remember that. Was working for Avis Rent-a-Car at the time. Classes at MCC were cancelled so I came in to find our manager chipping ice off cars. No one came in. I worked a 10-hour day, and then our idiot middle manager, who was in Florida at some conference apparently teaching him more ways to be a petty dick, threatened to only pay me for 8 hours and at a rate 50 cents/hr lower than mine since I was doing someone else's job. Sigh.

TRRM

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Yeah, ice storm

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

The first time we took the kids up to the 1000 Islands I gave them both a disposable Kodak cardboard camera. I told them to only take pictures of stuff they wanted to remember. And remember kids, you only have 24 photos.

Tonight I'm transferring the negatives from my boys camera. He took pictures of almost every shop door in downtown Alex Bay from three feet high.

It fills me with glee.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

This is a random bar we walked by. Apparently he wanted to remember the softball trophies and beer signs

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

AArdvark wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:11 pm Image
This was like 1991, right? I think we were without power for one week where we lived, maybe two.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

This is an interesting photo of my bedroom circa 1985 or 86. I was trying to photograph a dart in mid-flight but failing. In the background you can see my NES and C64 floppy drive and 1701 monitor, complete with bomb clock on it (which would probably get me arrested today). There's the hemisphere nes controller on the desk. There's my graduation tassel hanging from my rear view mirror, even though I didn't own a car back then.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

AArdvark wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:27 am This is an interesting photo of my bedroom circa 1985 or 86.
Nice! I miss drop ceilings like that being in houses. I grew up with one in the den as a kid. I think since my own house was built in 1964 it was before the age of drop ceilings being popular.

Also, this picture is most likely from 1989 because Tetris for the NES is clearly displayed on the Commodore monitor.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

1989? Really? This means I am an unreliable witness. All those beer cans might have something to do with it. I never liked the drop ceilings and florescent lights my grandfather put in, except they were good for hiding certain magazines.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Here's teh Commodore Center in my apartment. Got the breadbox from my buddy and the new 64c. Somewhere I picked up a couple of the new 1541 drives and a vcr?

pinback

Post by pinback »

What's that kid looking at?

I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

I -may- have had one of those monoliths in my apartment, I suppose it's where he learned to read.

Actually, he and his sister were just fooling around, being silly. That's why I took the photo

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

90% done. I've been trying to do at least one roll of negatives per night after work and a lot more on the weekends. The process is pretty continuous but it's getting to be a slog. All the landscape photos have become boring. It's the people pix that make looking at old photos fun.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

The T-ring adaptor for the telescope arrived today. This was immediately tested out by photographing a random bird waaaay out in my backyard. The difficult part will be staying awake long enough to photograph planets and stuff.

Suppose I could always aim it at the neighbors and take pictures in their windows. But no, every one around me is retired and all wrinkly.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Telescopic view of the suet feeder in my backyard.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

This is just looking out the window. Last year's Christmas tree is in the fire pit. Just to the left is a green roofed suet feeder and just to the right of that, behind the yard pole, is the round feeder

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Took pictures of the full moon. I need more practice with the telescope thing. The two martinis and glass of rye didn't help. Funny, the pix weren't blurry when I shot them.