I might die this week.

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

raecoffey

Re: I might die this week.

Post by raecoffey »

I don't know why it didn't post what I wrote. I said that I have Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome and SLE. Lupus.
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

raecoffey wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:04 pm I don't know why it didn't post what I wrote. I said that I have Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome and SLE. Lupus.
"It's never Lupus."
- Gregory House, House, M.D.

Having diseases where nobody can figure out what it is, what causes it, how to treat it, or worse, have to deal with something that makes regular living a nightmare, I can't think of anything better to call iy, sucks.

Like Hansen's Disease. I think renaming it was to get rid of the stigma. "He had to be institutionalized because he contracted Hansen's Disease," sounds better than "He had to be institutionalized because he contracted leprosy." Now, I think they have drugs to make it non-contagious (like dry leprosy), but still, bad or fatal diseases squick people out: AIDS, HIV, Ebola, cancer, leukemia, etc.

Seems like once a disease stops being a death sentence or a lifelong curse, it can become less of a stigma or fear: polio was either a near-fatal disease or crippling lifelong disabilities; now it's just another thing to get your kids vaccinated against, or (as I discovered when I signed up for city college in Texas, that you either have to get vaccinated or show you had it. I had, years earlier, but since I didn't have any records, I just went to the Midland County Health Department and got the innoculation.)

Same thing for syphilis: originally it was a death sentence, killing horribly in weeks. Then there was a treatment, but it was unpleasant and/or painful, used mercury, and it's hard to say if the cure was better than the disease. Now, if you're stupid enough to catch it (or someone you're in a relationship with did), a simple antibiotic regimen should take care of it.

But if you have something they can't fix, ut sucks.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Did you know that 50% or more of people with lupus with falsely test positive for syphilis! Happened to me. Scared the ever loving shit outta me!
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

raecoffey wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:53 am Did you know that 50% or more of people with lupus with falsely test positive for syphilis!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Hey! Nobody died last week!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:38 pm Hey! Nobody died last week!
W00t!
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

raecoffey wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:14 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:38 pm Hey! Nobody died last week!
W00t!
I'm sure Nobody's family were happy about their passing.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Well I did not die last week, no, but I just made it to the hospital because we'll I'm going into fucking kidney failure again... from fucking diuretics that aren't doing shit cause they can't give me enough for them to work. I also am here from the shortness of breath and the pulmonary 🫁 edema.
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

The REAL Real Man

Post by The REAL Real Man »

We are dog-sitting because my friend was sure his mother-in-law was dying, and he had to go back east to help out. She was in hospice... then she was out of hospice. Then she was eating on her own, then walking. So she kind of not-died last week, or at least got to death's door then turned around and came back home again.

The dog, meanwhile, has been with us for close to a month, and seems to be loving it here. Certainly the food is better than what they feed him. I don't think he'll want to go home.

Aaron

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Nobody
Die!!!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

The REAL Real Man

Post by The REAL Real Man »

We're all dying, Jonsey. Some of us are just closer than others!

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Hey I'm getting out of the hospital today!
Yuss! Not dying!!!
Lorelie Kraus the 1st