I might die this week.

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

raecoffey

I might die this week.

Post by raecoffey »

So to give you a little background, I have among other things, congestive heart ❤️ failure. I've put on about 80 - 100 pounds of edema/ fluid, mainly in my legs, butt, and belly. So essentiall6 I look like a fat girl who is 7 months pregnant. My cardiologist said that I need more diuretics, I'm already on Spironolactone, or my lungs 🫁 will fill up with fluid and it will surround my heart and its likely that I'll suffocate to death. The problem however is that my kidney doc (nephrologist) said that I can never take diuretics again, due to me going into acute kidney failure 7 times last summer from diuretic use! I was in the ICU 8 times back to back over the summer. Once, my GFR was so low that I went in to a come, my GFR was 8! Anyway, if I take the diuretics, I have a good chance of dying from kidney failure but it beats suffocating, right?

Anyway, be prepared for anything.

ICJ, if you don't hear from me in exactly 2 weeks (because I could be unconscious at the hospital), feel free to contact my non-binay 25 year old kid on Facebook. Their name is Najma Pierre-Louis. .

Thanks.
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

The REAL Real Man

Re: I might die this week.

Post by The REAL Real Man »

Ouch! Good luck, we're all hoping for the best. Even Jonsey.

I used to date a woman who I called the disease-of-the-month club. She told me she had an inoperable brain tumor, and wasn't expected to live past 25 or so, hence her very happy attitude (she was 31 -- and I was 21. Yowza!) We'd be watching TV and there'd be some medical report, and she'd say, "Oh, I had that!" It never occurred to me until years later that she might be full of poo, or pulling my leg, or some such... but I did learn a lot from her always-happy attitude. She's one of the few people I've ever met who genuinely saw each day as an unexpected treat.

Aaron

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Yeah people have thought that about me, but I have tests results and diagnosis to back up my claims.
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

pinback

Post by pinback »

The good news is, we all might die this week!
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Lorelie Kraus the 1st

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

That's not all of my health record, that was just a sample...
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Also, here is one example of kidney failure.

watan meaning
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Also, here is one example of kidney failure.

watan meaning
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

raecoffey wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:42 pm So to give you a little background, I have among other things, congestive heart ❤️ failure.
Welcome to the club, I've had it since before 2018. You might want to talk to both doctors, ask what else can be done. You're probably aware of this, but it bears repeating: doctors - even female ones - routinely underplay or ignore women's health complaints. I hate to say it, but you have a better chance of getting improved treatment if you have some male advocate for you. Or learn to be a hard bitch who does not tolerate being treated as am annoyance to be dismissed instead of a patient who deserves treatment. You must be your own advocate and push back, or get someone who can to help you.

My dear friend Andrea told me doctors tend to dismiss female complaints because they don't take them seriously. Research shows that eeven in pain cases, a man complaining about pain gets more attention than a woman; it's often taken less seriously as "female problems" or dismissed as whining or just "that time of the month."

If all else fails, you can try a complaint to the state's medical licensing board. I mean, if you're in danger of dying due to inadequate treatment, you don't have much to lose.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Tdarcos wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:07 am
raecoffey wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:42 pm So to give you a little background, I have among other things, congestive heart ❤️ failure.
Welcome to the club, I've had it since before 2018.
I'm sorry, you too? 2019 here.

Also, I'm a very hard bitch in all aspects of my life.
I was my mother's caretaker, today happens to be the 10th anniversary of her death, and mainly because she was female, schizophrenic and bipolar they didn't listen to her at all! I had to go to every appointment, show up at every hospitalization, call every doctor, nurse, and pharmacy and ask all of the right questions to make sure she was properly taken care of. I know what I'm doing. But thanks for the concern
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Hahah I was hoping you'd make this joke personally so that I wouldn't have to.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

pinback wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:26 am The good news is, we all might die this week!
I don't know what's funny?
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Jizaboz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:24 pm
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

raecoffey wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:54 pm
Jizaboz wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:24 pm
Just the fact you can name damn near any find of bad health problem (I knew he had congestive heart condition at one point) and Tdarcos will just say "Been there, done that!". The grim reaper keeps stalking this guy and he's just like "Fuck off I still got shit to do." hahahaha
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Oh ok lol I get it. And BTW I'm not "naming damn near any health problem" someone mention hypochondriac so I responded with screenshots from my medical records. That's all.
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

raecoffey wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:07 am Oh ok lol I get it. And BTW I'm not "naming damn near any health problem" someone mention hypochondriac so I responded with screenshots from my medical records. That's all.
I'm not sure whether speaking to you informally is done as 'Rae' or as 'Blue' as I'm not aware of which you're more often referred to, the way people here call me Paul, but I'll use Rae.

Rae, on this issue - and probably only this issue - when people mention they have a medical condition, we're all gentlemen here (and now we can say we're all lady and gentlemen here), we take the person at their word unless circumstances dictate otherwise, i.e. the person was clearly not being completely truthful, i.e. was lying their ass off. If you wanted to claim you were experiencing amenorrhea, I would accept that. If you said you had enlarged prostate, I would not believe that claim.

In the reverse case, I should expect the reverse. Maybe.

I made this point because people over at our companion website Caltrops.com, the inmates that infest that site - whom I refer to as cretinous reprobates - claimed I was experiencing a number of mental issues such as Aspeger's Syndrome and autism. So I learned about that disease in order to say (facetiously) that the clearly medically untrained quacks there had diagnosed me as having every disease or condition that starts with the letter 'a' including amenorrhea.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Or Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome?
Or arachnophobia?
Lorelie Kraus the 1st

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

raecoffey wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:01 pm Or Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome?
When I looked up this one, I said it reminds me of that disease where the body creates antibodies that attack itself. Autoimmune diseases in general, and while rheumatoid arthritis, crohns and ulcerative colitis are some of them, there's another one that doesn't fall in the list of 7, and I can't remember it.

Although the one I think is accurately named is Graves disease.
raecoffey wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:01 pm Or arachnophobia?
That works for me, but it was sibling-induced katsaridaphobia. I never really had a problem with spiders. It took me decades to get over the fear my sister gave me. While it's not a good idea to handle them, once I became able to do so, I knew I had overcome my katsaridaphobia.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

6. Lucy Van Pelt: Are you afraid of responsibility? If you are, then you have hypengyophobia.
Charlie Brown: I don't think that's quite it.
Lucy Van Pelt: How about cats? If you're afraid of cats, you have ailurophasia.
Charlie Brown: Well, sort of, but I'm not sure.
Lucy Van Pelt: Are you afraid of staircases? If you are, then you have climacaphobia. Maybe you have thalassophobia. This is fear of the ocean, or gephyrobia, which is the fear of crossing bridges. Or maybe you have pantophobia. Do you think you have pantophobia?
Charlie Brown: What's pantophobia?
Lucy Van Pelt: The fear of everything.
Charlie Brown: THAT'S IT!

raecoffey

Post by raecoffey »

Tdarcos wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:20 pm
raecoffey wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:01 pm Or Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome?
When I looked up this one, I said it reminds me of that disease where the body creates antibodies that attack itself. Autoimmune diseases in general, and while rheumatoid arthritis, crohns and ulcerative colitis are some of them, there's another one that doesn't fall in the list of 7, and I can't remember it.

Although the one I think is accurately named is Graves disease.
raecoffey wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:01 pm
I have this one, antiphospholipid antibody syndrome. Along with the of the 7, SLE Lupus.

Or arachnophobia?
That works for me, but it was sibling-induced katsaridaphobia. I never really had a problem with spiders. It took me decades to get over the fear my sister gave me. While it's not a good idea to handle them, once I became able to do so, I knew I had overcome my katsaridaphobia.
Lorelie Kraus the 1st