I'm back.

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Re: I'm back.

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Tdarcos wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:00 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:01 am Oh you'd ha e been willing.

You need it, crave it and hate that you need it so.
No, I wouldn't. I was and still am a goddamn messy cheapskate, I am not going to spend money to call a BBS when there were literally hundreds that I could call for free.

What exactly were you offering, then, hookers and blow? Not interested in either.

Unless you either offered a toll-free number or rebated the cost of the call, I'd be like Anne Murray: You Won't See Me.
You couldn't live without it. You needed it, you needed it on your skin. You RUBBED IT INTO your SKIN.

We all know the truth. You loved every minute of it.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:35 pm You couldn't live without it. You needed it, you needed it on your skin. You RUBBED IT INTO your SKIN.
"It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again."
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:35 pm We all know the truth. You loved every minute of it.
I'm sorry, I believe you have confused me with someone who has more than the zero fucks I give about the subject.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

The REAL Real Man

Post by The REAL Real Man »

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:39 pm "It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again."
Amazingly, my editor at Autobytel let me get away with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYrUAMPfBGo

You can skip to 4:55 if you don't want to see that much of me, but the theme is scattered throughout. We finished that last take and Dan, our videographer, just about killed himself laughing. I didn't think it was *that* funny, but it was kinda funny.

TRM

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:39 pm I'm sorry, I believe you have confused me with someone who has more than the zero fucks I give about the subject.
You keep responding. And replying. Because I correctly deduced that you NEED it.

You NEED IT, Commander.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

That was awesome! I tell ya, Commander is the condiut to teh Funny!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

The REAL Real Man wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:36 am
Tdarcos wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:39 pm "It rubs the lotion on its skin, or else it gets the hose again."
You can skip to 4:55... We finished that last take and Dan, our videographer, just about killed himself laughing. I didn't think it was *that* funny, but it was kinda funny.
Well, after you introduced yourself and your guest star, the transit van, you mentioned the "truck tax," (see below) which is why European vans are often better than US ones, so I decided to skip forward, because, I wanted to see what ridiclous thing Mr. Aaron Gold was going to do. So, at one point, you proceeded to put lotion on your hands. Well, let's see, it looked hot out, you were handling equipment, and wanted your hands to stay soft: salesmen often have soft hands. So I agree, I didn't think it was humorous at all.

Now I had heard about the "van tax," but is more like the "chicken tax." In 1964 the US imposed a 25% import tax on European light trucks in retaliation for Europe imposing import duties on chicken from the US. Since then, most import duties have fallen to about 2%, but the "chicken tax," remains, plus the US auto industry lobbies to keep the tariff. The tariff doesn't apply to passenger vehicles, or unassembled vehicles shipped as parts, so interesting ways were used to get around it.

Since you mentioned the Transit Van in your video, Wikipedia has a very interesting item about Ford circumventing the very tax they lobbied to keep in place. They took European-made vans, put in seats with seat belts, and rear window glass to get the trucks classified as passenger vans, with a 2.5% tariff, then removed these things, destroyed them, added plating, and sold the vans as trucks. While this stunt cost Ford a few hundred dollars per truck, Customs & Border Protection estimated this saved Ford about $250 million in import duties. I thought it was a slick scheme, but unfortunately, Ford got caught.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Henry Ford did that?

You sure?

You sure about that?

You real sure about that?

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Chicken tax
Not laughing at the lotion bit

This board gets better every day!

The REAL Real Man

Tdarcos wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:23 pm Well, let's see, it looked hot out, you were handling equipment, and wanted your hands to stay soft: salesmen often have soft hands. So I agree, I didn't think it was humorous at all.
No, no, it's what I *did* with the lotion that brought teh funny! (Also, you missed the duct tape.)
I thought it was a slick scheme, but unfortunately, Ford got caught.
Mercedes used to build their vans, un-build them, ship parts on separate ships, and re-build them in the US. They took us to visit what was effectively their shortest assembly line.

TRM

The REAL Real Man

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:09 pm Henry Ford did that?
No, he just published The International Jew. But his company did, indeed, do that with the Turkish-built Transit Connect. I thought it was pretty slick as well.

This is also the reason the Subaru Brat had those suicide seats in the bed.

TRM

Flack

Post by Flack »

I am in the process of converting a 2007 Ford cargo van into a camper van because #vanlife. That being said, I am sure Jonsey informed you about the mandatory discounts all JC members are obligated to provide fellow members. I'll hit you up on the logistics of having one of those new vans delivered here to the Midwest. If you could fill it up and wash it after dropping it off, I'd appreciate it.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Flack wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:40 am I am in the process of converting a 2007 Ford cargo van into a camper van because #vanlife.
Yr gonna be ready to take that ride out to a beach before I get back to the trailer at Salty Shores bro!

Speaking of which, it would be fucking awesome if you and whomever in your family could meet me out that way this year if you get out to the Morehead City area.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:09 pm Henry Ford did that?
Well, let's see. Henry Ford died in 1947. Let's see what I said:
Tdarcos wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:23 pm In 1964 the US imposed a 25% import tax on European light trucks... Ford circumventing the very tax they lobbied to keep in place.
Well, since Henry Ford died 17 years before the tax was imposed, I don't think he did so.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:09 pmYou sure?
Yeah, I'm sure.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:09 pm You sure about that?
Absolutely. It's long since been dead and buried.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:09 pm You real sure about that?
Well, unless you've got evidence Henry Ford has turned into a zombie, I consider.the matter completely and conclusively proven, not just to the standard we have ever demanded to sentence someone to death, "beyond a reasonable.doubt and to a moral certainty," but to the highest possible standard, "beyond a shadow of a doubt, and to an absolute certainty."
- - - -
Sent from a mobile phone.