Yo, FIT PEOPLE

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yo, FIT PEOPLE

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Do you guys worry about your heart rate when you are getting FIT?

I got a free gym membership from where I work and I've gone a few times to just do some walking and jogging so light you could barely call it that. But it's been a while. So I am just wondering if anyone here has ever paid attention to their heart rates while exercising. Or maybe I'm the only one.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

gsdgsd

Re: Yo, FIT PEOPLE

Post by gsdgsd »

I don't pay attention to it - most of my fitness stuff is outside and I don't have anything to monitor it. Inside stuff is always on our Pelotons and those can probably measure it in some way but I'm too lazy to figure it out.

When I went to gyms pre-pandemic I'd occasionally do the heart rate things on the equipment there and my response was always "huh, look at the numbers."

pinback

Post by pinback »

I try to target about 135-140.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

That seems a lot. That seems high! I need you to post while exercising so I know it's safe.

pinback

Post by pinback »

That is the correct target BPM, sir.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

If I hear my heart pumping through my ears it's time to stop for a bit.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

nessman

Post by nessman »

https://www.sharecare.com/health/evalua ... exercising

Basically 220 - your age = maximum healthy heart rate. 70% of that figure should be the ideal heart rate while exercising. So for me - 220-51=169... 70% of 169 = ~120 beats per minute. I typically target 130-140 during cardio without breaking a sweat.

BUT... if you're running out of breath at those heart rates, stop and go see your doctor and make sure you're not gonna code on the gym floor.

Most gyms have equipment with heart rate monitors on the cross-trainers and other cardio exercise machines. A FitBit or similar will do the same.
If the First Amendment will protect a scumbag like me, it will protect all of you. - Larry Flynt

Ice Cream Jonsey

There is this place that has the only wings I really like and I had not been there in 4+ years. I went there Thursday, the same day that I went off the diuretic I have been on for years. I feel I am 90% salt at this point. I know that I will regulate things but boy, those two things on the same day was a bit of a mistake.

Nobody pop me!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Man, wings are so expensive these days. I got to where I like making my own the best in the Frydaddy with no breading or other BS, just a little salt and pepper, then toss them in Franks Red Hot / Butter sauce. But shit man, at Food Lion today I glanced at a pack of fresh uncooked whole wings.. 25$!!!! You probably are already aware, but there's usually a TON more sodium in restaurant food and frozen foods than food you make yourself; even if you liberally add more salt to your liking after it's cooked. But dude fuck making your own wings at these prices. Shit, just the oil to put in the fryer is gonna cost you like 3-5$ depending on the brand.

The last time I ate wings was by myself at a dive bar/grill at the coast I frequent for my birthday back in early August.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻