Happy International Cat Day!

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Happy International Cat Day!

Post by Casual Observer »

Jesus christ, there's a "day" for fucking everything and I guess in honor of International Cat Day I'll come out an say it:

I hate my cat.

I've always been a cat person, parents had cats I had a cat as a kid and my wife and I have had a cat (or cats) for the last 27 years. I didn't know it was possible to hate a cat but it is. Zeus is a total asshole. He barely lets my wife hold or touch him but he really hates me. He will tolerate about two pets before he hisses at me. He does nothing except beg my wife all day for expensive food (his food bill is higher than our total food and staples budget) and then look out the window. All evening he just sits on the top of the fridge. Only good point I can think of is he's pretty to look at and is fascinated by water and trying to figure out where the water is going in the drain. I'd make him a farm cat or something but she won't let me get rid of him. Oh well.

So, happy International Cat day!

Jizaboz

Re: Happy International Cat Day!

Post by Jizaboz »

LOL cats.

I like just having them around. I don't give a shit if they are feral. Making friends with a wild cat is a wholesome experience.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Casual Observer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:08 pmI hate my cat...
[he] is a total asshole.
Of course, I've known that for years.

The quintessential example of the difference between dogs and cats, is when you call a dog by name, the dog eagerly gets up if lying down, comes to you, wags its tail, rubs itself on you and wants to please you. When you call a cat, the cat will, without getting up - cats routinely spend 90% of their day lying down - turn its head, and looks at you as if it's saying, "What the fuck do you think I am, a dog?"
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Dogs have people, cats have staff

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I am sorry you feel that way.

Today was the biggest rollout in our company's short history. It was also a day that I needed to travel 35 miles south to help my eldest nephew with his computer, which won't boot, once again.

I did not have time for Tootsie, our four-year-old six-toed cat to have a nail that was hidden and grew so long that it dug into her flesh. Which caused her pain. Which caused blood to start spouting everywhere she went to.

I had to take her to the emergency vet near downtown Denver. I walk up with her in her cat carrier and I say, hey, got an easy one for you! Her nail is digging into her flesh, causing her to spill blood everywhere!

The young gal at the desk started to have me fill out paperwork, when this old regunant fat bitch scootches her chair away from the desk and says to the young gal (not me) "We have a three or four hour wait and we aren't taking non-emergencies right now."

Which is fine, but tell ME that, dickie, look ME in the eyes with my cat who is in pain and tell ME that, don't make the kid do it. Whatever, I heard it and because I get all my anger out talking on the phone with my brother, I let this go. I got a list of other vets. My wife was in the car and she found a vet that is actually in the town we live in, and they would see her a couple hours later. So I drove home, did some work, and then went to THAT vet.

Who fixed the issue. They were great. The nail had actually formed a frigging circle. It looked like one of those saws you chuck at people in "We Don't Go to Ravenholm." Gross! $330 for this and some shots she needed and pain meds.

I love this cat. God made her perfect. I am sorry that your cat is difficult. I am just writing this because I feel blessed.

the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Is the nail also thicker than normal? If so have her checked for hyperthyroidism

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I don't think so - the weird thing is, sure, I am bad at the details. The DEETS. But my wife cuts her nails once a month and never saw it. I ... I guess we get it removed? I mean, it was completely removed, but I think they can do something if it grows back?

Also, CO, I realize you were making a larger point about how difficult it is to support an animal that doesn't show any outward love and affection. I was not trying to go "Nyah nyah." What I posted was just what came to mind. You're a very good person for supporting this animal that isn't giving back the typical things we love about pets. You are a good person.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:18 am I don't think so - the weird thing is, sure, I am bad at the details. The DEETS. But my wife cuts her nails once a month and never saw it. I ... I guess we get it removed? I mean, it was completely removed, but I think they can do something if it grows back?
Thats good to hear. Our Cleopatra had just one nail grow into her pad once (we didn't pay attention either) but what was weird is it was really really thick. Shortly after she was diagnosed hyperthyroid (and kidney disease, and arthritis) but with meds we kept her alive almost to 22.

pinback

Post by pinback »

I also dislike my cat.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.