Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Flack

Re: Are they rewriting history?

Post by Flack » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:42 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:28 pm
Casual Observer wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:31 am
Christ. I live with a half-black woman and I'm not as worked up as Retro.
Yeah, but which half is black, right half or left half? (Only people who saw original Star Trek will get this joke.)

So, then, which half, the top half or the bottom half? If it's the top half, she probably complains a lot but does great cooking. If it's the bottom half, well, there are other benefits.
Just a friendly reminder that last year you all took the MVP award from me and gave it to this person.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:07 am

Flack wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:42 am
Tdarcos wrote:
Casual Observer wrote:
Yeah, but which half is black, right half or left half? (Only people who saw original Star Trek will get this joke.)

So, then, which half, the top half or the bottom half? If it's the top half, she probably complains a lot but does great cooking. If it's the bottom half, well, there are other benefits.
Just a friendly reminder that last year you all took the MVP award from me and gave it to this person.
The commander's right, she does complain a lot but does great cooking, he's psychic.

Tdarcos, just to help you out, it all gets mixed up in the process but in this case we got big lips and ass like a black chick but defined facial features of the white mom. In this family, breast size seems determined by how fat the father was (comparing half sisters, her half sister's father was portly, oh well i got height and muscles). Cooking ability is a learned trait so that came later as we learned together. Its a stereotype that black people cook well, you need to know this. Also, you didn't find out if the mixed person grew up with the white or black parent as broken homes are common in this situation. In this case the white single mom brought them up on pbj, bologna, and kraft cheese and macaroni which I'm sure you relate to. So no soul food here.

Decent Star Trek reference, although the episode was less about mixed or biracial people in America's sense than trying to make a point about racial divisions in general. American mixed folks have a uniqe problems, they get hit from all sides (i can elaborate if youre really interested). They cant even always be honest about their unique heritage, Obama and Bubba Walllace are both mixed but known only as black.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:33 am

Jizaboz wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:36 am
You guys totally ignored my 1984 quote.
I recognized it, I just felt it wasn't worth commenting on. It was from 1984, it was Emmanuel Goldstein to Winston Smith. There's probably a point on whoever controls the past controls the present, or the future, or something like that.
Jizaboz wrote:
Next up is relevant Shakespeare!
Next up:

THE
TO BE OR NOT TO BE
JIZABOZ
"I said, ooh, I'm blinded by the lights
No, I can't sleep until I feel your touch."
-The Weeknd, Blinding Lights

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:51 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:33 am
Jizaboz wrote:
There's probably a point on whoever controls the past controls the present, or the future, or something like that.
Sorry Jiz, that's all you get. If you had referenced the popular syndicated television series Hunter then you would have gotten at least 5 paragraphs from him, Orwell only gets the literary equivalent of a "whatever".

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:14 am

Flack wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:42 am
Tdarcos wrote:
Casual Observer wrote:

It's more a trophy than a belt, isn't it?

I mean, RetroRomper has been far, far, far the most valuable poster on the forum this year. I think he's got it wrapped up. It doesn't change what you did in 2018 or the championships Jordan won in 1986.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

TSummary

Post by TSummary » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:02 am

Tdarcos wrote:
I recognized it, I just felt it wasn't worth commenting on.
In this thread, Tdarcos establishes that he has STANDARDS.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:13 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:14 am
I mean, RetroRomper has been far, far, far the most valuable poster on the forum this year. I think he's got it wrapped up.
I'm not so sure about that. Past recipients needed about 3 votes to cinch the title. Currently I only see him with 2 potential votes, and that's only if you're not being ironic right now and RetroRomper is lucid enough at anytime during the month long process to cast the vote for himself.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say that this is going to be pinback's year. He's way behind right now, nearly insurmountably so behind Flack and Tdarcos, and maybe even AArdvark, but I get the feeling that this year's process is going to be a contentious roller coaster and what more appropriate way to cap off 2020 is there then to make pinback JC MVP?

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:32 pm

Billy Mays wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:13 am
I'd say that this is going to be pinback's year
for that soup recipe just by itself, I love soups like that and can't wait to make one. Plus his weight loss and how he achieved it is an inspiration. Vark hasn't done a fun wacky project in awhile so there's still time for that to pull it off.

pinback

Post by pinback » Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:39 pm

As the time grows nearer, I will kick my campaign into high gear.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:39 pm

Billy Mays wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:51 am
Tdarcos wrote:
Jizaboz wrote:
There's probably a point on whoever controls the past controls the present, or the future, or something like that.
Sorry Jiz, that's all you get. If you had referenced the popular syndicated television series Hunter then you would have gotten at least 5 paragraphs from him, Orwell only gets the literary equivalent of a "whatever".
Cut me some slack, I only read the book once, and that was probably 30 years ago.
As I have said many times, I have never watched any episode of Hunter. About the episodes, I am like Sgt. Schultz, "I know nothing!" Episodes watched: none, nit, nil, zip, zero, swabo, bupkes.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:46 pm

If I post my upcoming book here will that count?

THE
IT'S FUNNY
AARDVARK

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:40 am

So they're not advertising on FB for July because of the hate posts. What will this do to eliminate the hate in peoples hearts and minds?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:37 pm

AArdvark wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:40 am
So they're not advertising on FB for July because of the hate posts. What will this do to eliminate the hate in peoples hearts and minds?
'Vark, I have lost you. Who is 'they' and what were they advertising? I've been reading the messages in this thread but I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:18 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:37 pm
AArdvark wrote:
'Vark, I have lost you. Who is 'they' and what were they advertising? I've been reading the messages in this thread but I'm not sure what you're referring to.
I dunno. But in the meantime can we please have a synopsis of Season Two, Episode Seven of Hunter? "Rape and Revenge Part Two"?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:13 am

There are some major companies that are not advertising on Facebook for the month of July as a protest against hate posts. I saw Coca-Cola and Verizon were off FB

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:21 pm

AArdvark wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:13 am
There are some major companies that are not advertising on Facebook for the month of July as a protest against hate posts. I saw Coca-Cola and Verizon were off FB
Good. Zuckerberg needs to get off his high horse and realize, actually he knows so he needs to take responsibility for what the garbage happening on his platform is doing to society. FB was a big platform for Russian bots that helped us get Trump. FB is the biggest holdout when it comes to if not banning at least marking the president's posts and ads as the bullshit flat out lies and hate speech that they are.

And then there are all of the racists. They need to be driven off FB and Twitter, blast them back to the phpbb days so they can talk their shit amongst themselves on their own little forum (as if any of them are smart enough to run phpbb). Then someone should track them down and shoot them.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:24 pm

Why are you assuming that isn't by design?
This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Casual Observer

Post by Casual Observer » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:31 am

RetroRomper wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:24 pm
Why are you assuming that isn't by design?
Of course its by design, Zuckerberg is a sociopath who either doesn't care or "does it for the lols" like Hillbilly Mays.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:37 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:18 pm
Tdarcos wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:37 pm
AArdvark wrote:
So they're not advertising on FB for July because of the hate posts.
I dunno. But in the meantime can we please have a synopsis of Season Two, Episode Seven of Hunter? "Rape and Revenge Part Two"?
You asked for it:
Probably the most memorable aspect to the second season was the two-part episode "Rape and Revenge", which may have drawn from some diplomatic-immunity scandals that were prominent in the news. A psychopathic foreign diplomat meets McCall and wants to have a relationship with her, and after she declines, he brutally rapes her in her home. Hunter is badly shot in the shoulder and must recover quickly, then go to the diplomat's home country to dispense justice, Hunter-style. This episode was considered very controversial for its realistic and shocking depiction of a violent rape, which was not common in TV shows at the time. Because of the controversial plot and acting, "Rape and Revenge" is one of the most remembered and popular episodes of the series.
- Wikipedia

You asked me not to post the beer joke in the other thread, so I took you at your request. Here, you have made a request for something, so I took you at your request. Don't blame me if I give you what you ask for.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:17 pm

...He did at least find the Rape in an '80s TV show...