The Commander TDARCOS Comic Strip Thread

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Tdarcos

Re: The Commander TDARCOS Comic Strip Thread

Post by Tdarcos » Sat May 23, 2020 9:51 am

This signature is limited to 128 characters, or I could have said a few more things. Like, do you know who killed JFK? it was...

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sat May 23, 2020 9:55 am

that was an op-ed cartoon, right?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Sat May 23, 2020 10:06 am

AArdvark wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:58 pm
Ah, the risk-taking behaviour is starting to show.

THE
TONY ORLANDO
AND
AARDVARK
Nice try, 'Vark. Tony orlando sang with the group Dawn, the song quote ("Dawn") I used is from the song by Franki Valli.
AArdvark wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 9:55 am
that was an op-ed cartoon, right?
Well, of course, 'Vark, it's an op ed. My cartoons, my forum, I can say what I want, just as you can in yours. This was another "answer" cartoon responding to your "square with triangle hopes" cartoon.

But let me ask you this, was there anything the lower square said (in sotto voce of course) that was wrong?
This signature is limited to 128 characters, or I could have said a few more things. Like, do you know who killed JFK? it was...

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sat May 23, 2020 10:13 am

my forum, I can say what I want,
Chill, dude. There was no challenge, I was just wondering if it was intentional.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sat May 23, 2020 10:15 am

Nice try, 'Vark. Tony orlando sang with the group Dawn, the song quote ("Dawn") I used is from the song by Franki Valli.
My sigs, I can reference what I want

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Sat May 23, 2020 2:03 pm

AArdvark wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:13 am
my forum, I can say what I want,
Chill, dude. There was no challenge, I was just wondering if it was intentional.
Well, of course! everything in my cartooms is intentional. Except when it isn't! And i have yet to get "unchill" over my cartoons, or responses to them. Except when I have! I mean, I have fun doing them. Except when I don't!

I'm always serious in my cartoons, and my writing. Except when I'm not! And I'm always playful. Even though I often am not!

I think I'm off my lithium. No, you're not! Although my thinking is not impaired. Oh yes, it is!.

Let's see, the next sentence is false. The previous sentence was true! Gaaak! Ieeee!

That feels better. And now no one is contradicting me. (Or so he thinks muahahahaha!)
AArdvark wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:15 am
My sigs, I can reference what I want
'Vark, chill, there was nothing wrong with it, but I think it would have been funnier if you had said

THE
UNCANNY VALLI
AARDVARK

Think about that.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Sat May 23, 2020 10:52 pm

I don't know what to make of any of this but all the sotto voce was delicious. More sotto voce please!

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Sun May 24, 2020 3:53 am

Billy Mays wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 10:52 pm
I don't know what to make of any of this but all the sotto voce was delicious. More sotto voce please!
I'll do it when it works in the particular cartoon. It has to be done carefully so that it works within the confines of the story I'm telling.

And if it's not done carefully, you have the song Careless Whispers by George Michael.

Damn, I hope the new keyboard shows up today, having to hit the spacebar in a precise spot can get tedious after a while. Especially when you get "sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't" behaviour.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Sun May 24, 2020 10:49 am

And based on reports, this cartoon is probably more entertaining than the sequel was.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sun May 24, 2020 1:04 pm

Sotto voce was funny, but it was unintentionally funny, that's why I asked about the op-ed thing

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Sun May 24, 2020 4:21 pm

AArdvark wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 1:04 pm
Sotto voce was funny, but it was unintentionally funny, that's why I asked about the op-ed thing
Well, the reason the guy err I mean square is in sotto voce, in effect, a whisper, is that the square telling the other square why it's bullshit doesn't want the shop steward (the square lecturing the junior squares about the triangles) to know the square is talking behind the shop steward's side, so to speak.

('I could have said "talking behind his back" but do squares have genders? Or backs?

These and other questions will be answered on the next episode of "Geometry confidential.")

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Sun May 24, 2020 10:43 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 4:21 pm
I could have said "talking behind his back"
NO!!!!!! The sotto voce was the only redeeming thing about that incoherent mess of words. You had some hits so far but maybe it is time to take a couple steps back and reevaluate what made some of your earlier work so good:

1. Shitting on ICJ's generosity.
2. Shitting on pinback for things other than his admirable weight loss.
3. The Joe character.
4. Sotto voce.

I may be missing a couple of things here but I think we can all agree that this is a good start?