FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Sports & Music

Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 22800
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon May 04, 2020 7:20 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 9:29 pm

Jerry's makes a delicious New York style pizza with whatever toppings you want to pay for. It feels thicker and tastes richer than other delivery pizzas I've ordered, although
M
O
U
T
H
F
E
E
L
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 22800
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon May 04, 2020 7:24 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 7:04 am
They are not a "knock off" of Dominos. For one, Jerry's has in-restaurant dining (or did until covid-19 changed that) or you could pick up a pizza but they did not offer delivery. Dominos offers only delivery or pick-up. And, to parody the "you're no Jack Kennedy" quip, "I've had Jerrys Pizza, I've had Jerry's subs. Dominos, you're no Jerry's." I had a Dominos pizza because they had something Pizza Hut or Pizza Boli's (now THAT is an actual Maryland-regional pizza chain) did not offer: a Philly steak pizza. And that was actually good enough to rate as edible, up from Dominos usual "not fit for human consumption" taste level.

Comparing Jerry's to Dominos is comparing apples to (rotten) oranges. Jerry's makes delicious pizza. Dominos usually makes mediocre pizza. "Dominos is the place you go when you're too drunk or hung over to find a decent place to get a real, actual pizza. "
That is what you don't get. Every state is infected by these leeches. We have "Blackjack" pizza out here in Colorado and it's the same thing.

Michigan has .... one sec, I'm going to use Twitter to search by replies to me.

(Hahaha, of course I can't do that, that was a joke. That would mean that Twitter added a feature somebody wanted once in 10 years.)

Hungry Howie's - never had it, but FullofKittens on Caltrops/Twitter has told me that it is much like that.

The issue is, Commander, that you don't have enough class to know when you're getting bamboozled by one of these awful regional chains. There is a family-owned pizzeria that you could have single-handedly kept in business but instead you went to Jerry's. JERRY'S!!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 14031
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by pinback » Mon May 04, 2020 7:37 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 7:04 am
Okay, then, based on your experience from having eaten Jerry's New York-style pizza
No one has ever had a Jerry's NY-style pizza, because they do not offer that product.
why you consider it not as good as other New York-style pizza
Because it is not a NY-style pizza.
So let's do a similar thing. I find Jerry's New York-style pizza to be "satisfying and delicious."
No you do not, because they do not offer that product.
other specific New York-style pizzas are demonstrably better.
Because other NY-style pizzas are NY-style pizzas, which Jerry's does not offer.
Best example would be to show me specifically where it would be possible for me to order a better New York-style pizza.
Anywhere that sells a NY-style pizza, which Jerry's does not.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Casual Observer
Posts: 1536
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 10:23 pm
Location: San Francisco

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by Casual Observer » Mon May 04, 2020 11:23 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 7:04 am
Best example would be to show me specifically where it would be possible for me to order a better New York-style pizza.
Brooklyn

User avatar
AArdvark
Posts: 8843
Joined: Tue May 14, 2002 6:12 pm
Location: Rochester, NY

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by AArdvark » Mon May 04, 2020 3:06 pm

Commander trying to understand about New York style pizza...


George Santayana — 'Fanaticism consists of redoubling your efforts when you have forgotten your aim.'

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 22800
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon May 04, 2020 6:13 pm

Okay - Retro, ChainGangGuy and Amiga Man - you guys Choheed fans??
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Flack
Posts: 6659
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:02 pm
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by Flack » Mon May 04, 2020 9:44 pm

Can we get the Commander's thoughts on New York pizza done in a non-searchable John and Yoko parody?
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 6236
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by Tdarcos » Wed May 06, 2020 1:06 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 7:24 am
The issue is, Commander, that you don't have enough class to know when you're getting bamboozled by one of these awful regional chains.
What on earth do you mean by "bamboozled" and "awful"? I know what tastes good. i know what I like. And I can taste the difference.

I can have a 1 to 5 scale for pizza: 1. Bad (or "Unfit for human consumption"), 2. Edible, 3. Good, 4. Really Good, and 5. Outstanding.

Except for Steak and Cheese, all other Dominos pizzas are
bad. Dominos Steak and Cheese is edible.

Mosst frozen pizza is edible and some are good.
If you think I'm saying frozen pizza from a supermarket is better than Dominos, you're correct. Even when it's still frozen. Even the cardboard tastes better than Dominos.

Pizza Hut is about 3 1/2, sometimes really good.

Maryland regional Pizza Boli's is really good. I was usually ordering it for delivery, but twice I ordered it in the store, one in Maryland and the other in Washington, DC, Same pizza, same taste.

But pizza from Jerry's is always outstanding. Delicious and high quality. Every time. If "bamboozled" means "taken in by the highest quality and best taste" then I guess I am. But "awful"? Dominos is awful.

But let me ask you, how many Jerry's Subs and Pizza New York-style pizzas have you eaten?
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 7:24 am
There is a family-owned pizzeria that you could have single-handedly kept in business but instead you went to Jerry's. JERRY'S!!
I could only go to Jerry's when I could visit in person, which was not very often. How exactly was I supposed to support a family-owned pizza shop in Colorado? Have pizzas shipped by Fedex? And why? As far as my old place, every pizza place within a 1-mile radius of my house back in University Park was either a regional or national pizza chain. I know because i think I tried all of them at least once at one time or another.
This signature is limited to 128 characters, or I could have said a few more things. Like, do you know who killed JFK? it was...

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 22800
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed May 06, 2020 1:23 pm

What on earth do you mean by "bamboozled" and "awful"? I know what tastes good. i know what I like. And I can taste the difference.
If you're saying you understand that sometimes you want to slum it when it comes to food- fine.

No frozen pizza is good. But sometimes you don't want "good." Sometimes you want something you can shove into your gob 20 minutes after you get home and the dogs have shat all over the carpet and Christ kill me.

Pizza Hut in the 80s was a 3.5 out of 10, but now it's 0 out of 10. Any time a corporate chain in the US takes over some industry they suck. Capitalism demands they suck.

JERRY'S is a regional equivalent and terrible and everyone here knows it.
But let me ask you, how many Jerry's Subs and Pizza New York-style pizzas have you eaten?
I'm going to leave you with a quote from either one of the Thor movies or one of the Avenger movies. To be honest, they also kind of all ran together in a seeping gruel but I consider that on-topic for this sub-discussion. Loki managed to get some crowd of people to kneel to him and is making a speech about how humanity is a bunch of sheep.

Loki: "In the end you will always kneel."
Old Guy (rises): "Not to men like you."
Loki: "There are no men like me."
Old Guy: "There are always men like you."

You probably don't recognize the quote, not because you haven't seen the movie but because the quote is accurate. I don't need to have a "Jerry's" pie to know what it's all about, Commander.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 14031
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by pinback » Wed May 06, 2020 2:21 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:06 pm
But let me ask you, how many Jerry's Subs and Pizza New York-style pizzas have you eaten?
As previously explained, nobody has ever eaten a Jerry's NY-style pizza.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
The Happiness Engine
Posts: 570
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:16 pm

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by The Happiness Engine » Wed May 06, 2020 3:32 pm

Based on Google images that is EXACTLY an off-brand Domino's.

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 6236
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by Tdarcos » Wed May 06, 2020 5:32 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:23 pm
What on earth do you mean by "bamboozled" and "awful"? I know what tastes good. i know what I like. And I can taste the difference.
If you're saying you understand that sometimes you want to slum it when it comes to food- fine.
No, I never "slum it." I eat what tastes good. I do not buy on price alone. I will pay extra for better products. If I tried something and it did not taste good, I never bought that product again. I do not buy garbage.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:23 pm
No frozen pizza is good.
In your opinion. I disagree. To paraphrase The Mythbusters, "I reject ypur opinion and substitute my own." I have a really simple solution. Don't eat frozen pizza if you don't like it. End of problem.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:23 pm
But sometimes you don't want "good." Sometimes you want something you can shove into your gob 20 minutes after you get home and the dogs have shat all over the carpet and Christ kill me.
First, i never had a dog. Second, I have never stooped that low. When I was in University Park iIf I had nothing good I'd go get something. With a Whole Paycheck err I mean Whole Foods literally across the street, and a burger place, a sub shop, and a pizza place all 1 block further, I had lots of choices.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:23 pm
Pizza Hut in the 80s was a 3.5 out of 10, but now it's 0 out of 10.
In your opinion. I disagree. To paraphrase The Mythbusters, "I reject ypur opinion and substitute my own." I have a really simple solution. Don't eat Pizza Hut if you don't like it. End of problem.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:23 pm
Any time a corporate chain in the US takes over some industry they suck.
Not true. There are some companies known for building quality products. They are often the market leader in their industries. Many are known for paying much better than their competitors. Sure, they aren't always the cheapest but they are better, since that's how they can justify a premium price.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:23 pm
Capitalism demands they suck.
No, it doesn't. Short term, cut costs "by any means necessary" thinking is what demands they suck, Places run by beancounters. Companies having long-term vision, considering how they can build a product that is superior to competitors and make more money, those are the ones that last and do better.

Now, if you operate in a market where cost is everything and those who don't cut prices die, then it's not the company who is causing the problem, it's the customer buying on price only. In which case, the customers who decided better taste (for food) or better quality (for manufactured goods) is not worth it, then they are the ones who have chosen shoddy merchandise.

Companies that decide to focus on quality can do well when there is a significant differentiator. And that includes franchises. McDonalds used to be known for cheap eats, which is why its stores didn't pay much. There are other chains, like Five Guys, and In-N-Out, who make better product, are only slightly higher than the so-called low price place, and they pay more, and they still do quite well.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:23 pm
JERRY'S is a regional equivalent and terrible and everyone here knows it.
In your opinion. With the exception of Ben, there probably isn't any of you that's been within shouting distance of a store, and probably none within smelling distance of a Jerry's Pizza, let alone tasted one. Or actually eaten one.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:23 pm
But let me ask you, how many Jerry's Subs and Pizza New York-style pizzas have you eaten?
I'm going to leave you with a quote...[/quote]
That's not an answer, A simple number - which you did not provide but I'll presume to be 0 - was all you had to say.

[quote="Ice Cream Jonsey" post_id=108589 time=1588796621 user_id=3from either one of the Thor movies or one of the Avenger movies. Loki... is making a speech about how humanity is a bunch of sheep.

Loki: "In the end you will always kneel."
Old Guy (rises): "Not to men like you."
Loki: "There are no men like me."
Old Guy: "There are always men like you."

You probably don't recognize the quote, not because you haven't seen the movie but because the quote is accurate.
[/quote]
Don't proceed to tell me what I do or do not recognize. No, I did not see the movie, but I recognize the trope even if I don't know its name.

In one of the Superman movies, General Zod and his two associates escape from their glass prison after Superman becomes mortal so he can nail lois Lane. Zod & Company defeat the combined armies of the world, and effectively destroy the White House, demanding the world surrender. So, A man claiming to be the President of the United States offers to surrender on behalf of the world.

Zod tells him to kneel before him, and when the guy subserviently obeys, Zod says this cannot be the true President, no leader of his stature would be that spineless. The real president agrees, coming forward, saying he'll do it if it will stop further deaths. As he kneels, Zod says, "Including your own."
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 1:23 pm
I don't need to have a "Jerry's" pie to know what it's all about, Commander.
"I've never tried it, don't know what irt's like, and won't want it. I don't like carrots. I certainly won't like carrot cake."

A man who has never tried it, doesn't know what it's like is certain it's not going to be any good. Well, that's fine, because, chances are, you will never be near one of their stores.
This signature is limited to 128 characters, or I could have said a few more things. Like, do you know who killed JFK? it was...

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 22800
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed May 06, 2020 5:40 pm

After all these years the most aggravating thing about you is that you're either too dumb to understand group you vs specific you or you think it's "funny" to confuse them.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by Billy Mays » Wed May 06, 2020 11:02 pm

I ate at Jerry's once. Good food, friendly staff, I don't know why you guys are giving Paul such a hard time over it.

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 6236
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by Tdarcos » Thu May 07, 2020 9:25 am

Billy Mays wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 11:02 pm
I ate at Jerry's once. Good food, friendly staff, I don't know why you guys are giving Paul such a hard time over it.
Exactly.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:40 pm
After all these years the most aggravating thing about you is that you're either too dumb to understand group you vs specific you or you think it's "funny" to confuse them.
I don't get you at all. I have eaten Jerry's pizza, more than once. I have always found it excellent. Now, you, and with the exception of Billy Mays, all the rest of you, have never been to a Jerry's restaurant, never been near one of their pizzas, and never eaten one, can now proceed to speek ex cathedra from your asshole that you know for a fact you know this pizza is bad.

Do the world a favor: stop acting like Donald Trump and quit giving opinions about something where you have absolutely zero kowledge about and where it is patently obvious you don't have the sligtese fucking clue.

Jesus H Christ, how the mighty have fallen! You've gotten so ridiculous, the only person on this board with any sense is Billy Mays.
This signature is limited to 128 characters, or I could have said a few more things. Like, do you know who killed JFK? it was...

User avatar
pinback
Posts: 14031
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 3:00 pm
Contact:

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by pinback » Thu May 07, 2020 9:38 am

I never said Jerry's didn't serve a delicious product, only that I have counted the number of NY-style pizzas the entire franchise has ever made and sold, and the number is zero.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by Billy Mays » Thu May 07, 2020 9:51 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:25 am
and with the exception of Billy Mays
I was being ironic.

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 22800
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu May 07, 2020 11:09 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 9:25 am
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:40 pm
After all these years the most aggravating thing about you is that you're either too dumb to understand group you vs specific you or you think it's "funny" to confuse them.
I don't get you at all. I have eaten Jerry's pizza, more than once. I have always found it excellent. Now, you, and with the exception of Billy Mays, all the rest of you, have never been to a Jerry's restaurant, never been near one of their pizzas, and never eaten one, can now proceed to speek ex cathedra from your asshole that you know for a fact you know this pizza is bad.
Yes, you stupid shit, that's because the rest of us have lived our lives and traveled and been places. We've experienced the world so we get to talk from a position of knowing more about it than you. I was trying to tell you that in the other post, but you have no idea what a trope is because you're wrong about everything and you proceeded to vomit up some General Zod nonsense.

You're wrong about everything all the time and that is usually fun but when you try to get haughty about it you need to be knocked down to the level at which you are at, a pork patty-consuming sperglord that doesn't have enough sense to understand he has low-class taste.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 6236
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Contact:

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by Tdarcos » Thu May 07, 2020 3:00 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:09 am
You're wrong about everything all the time
Okay. You have been very kind and sympathetic, and are a decent human being who deserves to live. You must not die soon, and not choking to death, drowning in your own vomit. That would be a horrible way to die and it should not happen to you anytime soon.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:09 am
you need to be knocked down to the level at which you are at, a pork patty-consuming
Let me try and make this simple.
I HAVEN'T EATEN ANY PORK PATTIES IN OVER FIVE YEARS! STOP TALKING ABOUT ME EATING FUCKING PORK PATTIES!
I HAVEN'T EATEN ANY PORK PATTIES IN OVER FIVE YEARS! STOP TALKING ABOUT ME EATING FUCKING PORK PATTIES!
I HAVEN'T EATEN ANY PORK PATTIES IN OVER FIVE YEARS! STOP TALKING ABOUT ME EATING FUCKING PORK PATTIES!

Maybe it will be clear now.
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 11:09 am
sperglord that doesn't have enough sense to understand he has low-class taste.
Oh, that hurts. That is a pretty vile and nasty, untrue thing to say. And the worst thing is you know it's untrue. I'll manage, I'm thick skinned, but I hate to think you would be that cruel. It is entirely possible I have problems, but aspergers and autism isn't part of them, because you can't contract them as an adult, only as a child. And I know when I was a child I did not have them because I had a Verbal IQ of 130.
This signature is limited to 128 characters, or I could have said a few more things. Like, do you know who killed JFK? it was...

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 22800
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: FLACK AND PINBACK: COHEED

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Thu May 07, 2020 4:00 pm

Okay. You have been very kind and sympathetic, and are a decent human being who deserves to live. You must not die soon, and not choking to death, drowning in your own vomit. That would be a horrible way to die and it should not happen to you anytime soon.
Oh, that hurts. That is a pretty vile and nasty, untrue thing to say. And the worst thing is you know it's untrue. I'll manage, I'm thick skinned, but I hate to think you would be that cruel. It is entirely possible I have problems, but aspergers and autism isn't part of them, because you can't contract them as an adult, only as a child. And I know when I was a child I did not have them because I had a Verbal IQ of 130.
I think we both said things that are regrettable here.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Post Reply