Moderators: Ice Cream Jonsey, AArdvark

Tdarcos

Eye Floaters

Post by Tdarcos » Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:23 am

OFF TOPIC; MOVED FROM "Do you believe in God?"
Flack wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:21 pm
Bring back the floaters.
What do you mean, "bring back?" They never left. I still have floaters. The only difference between when I wrote my "Emergency Message" telegram is that I've learned how to compensate for my vision problems.
pinback wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:58 pm
I don't believe in floaters.
If it happens to you, you'll believe it. It's a pain-in-the-ass, and you won't like it.

Floaters are dead blood vessels that break off, and possibly blood clots, that contaminate the vitreous humor of the eye. Since this is mostly water, eye movements trigger the corollis effect and they float around, hence the name. (Were they stationary, like the blind spot, the brain would eventually ignore them.)

I can't read PDFs because the background is white, which causes a halo, making the words unreadable. I have to use high contrast on my computer so everything is stark and some colors are not shown. I have to use magnification, sometimes to 8x or even higher. Everything looks like the room is full of swirling smoke. I can't read print. My keyboard has yellow keys with black letters. the blur on my eye has a hole in it, where the hole is - which keeps moving - is a "thin spot" where some things can be seen with some clarity.

I think I know how this happened. I had a |black spot," at the top of my vision, in my eye it looked like the size of a quarter. I watched it "burst," in which it started to break apart, and I guess it spread across my eye. Except where the thin spot is, which has a dark border around the thin spot. It reminds me of the nozzle of a balloon, it can move around, change size and shape, and open and close.

I don't "believe" in floaters. I know of them. I see them every damn day. Even when I close my eyes. And if you're fortunate, you will never know them.
"The lessons of history teach us, if they teach us anything, that no one learns the lessons that history teaches us."