Death Standing

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Jizaboz

Death Standing

Post by Jizaboz »

Dude from Walking Dead delivering and stealing mail with a stillborn baby in a tank strapped to him.

I’ve seen enough and will buy this day 1.

Not including a link because there are no morons here and you can all search on YouTube if interested.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Re: Death Standing

Post by RealNC »

His previous games were nonsensical, borderline incomprehensible drivel. Let's see if he at last learned to tell a story that makes more sense than what an 8 year old would come up with.

pinback

Post by pinback »

What's the name of the game again?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

pinback wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:03 am What's the name of the game again?
It's called "Go Fuck Yourself" by Usah Condom.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

RealNC wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:11 am His previous games were nonsensical, borderline incomprehensible drivel. Let's see if he at last learned to tell a story that makes more sense than what an 8 year old would come up with.
Wait. What?

P.T. was nonsensical, borderline incomprehensible genius, sir.

Also, what is the name of the game again?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

pinback

Post by pinback »

Checkin' back in on that name. Can ya hook me up?
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

The name of the game is “Death Stranding”.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:19 pm Wait. What?

Don't know much about P.T., but Metal Gear always looked silly to me. Maybe it's just that Japenese games simply don't know how to tell a story, I don't know. So it might be the culture, not the person.

ICJ not logged in

Post by ICJ not logged in »

RealNC wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:37 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:19 pm Wait. What?

Don't know much about P.T., but Metal Gear always looked silly to me. Maybe it's just that Japenese games simply don't know how to tell a story, I don't know. So it might be the culture, not the person.
I was just being a contrarian. The Metal Gear games are incomprehensible, but goddamn if the rest of the internet doesn't flip out when you state that.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Showed up at GameStop at 10 am to buy it. Installing now but I can't touch it til I'm done with work!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Played it from roughly 5 to 2 am. Outstanding game. I enjoy the cut scenes more than most modern tv shows or movies. The “fear” factor here blows that last Aliens movie piece of shit out of the water for example.

My only complaint.. “montage” music! Why do directors insist on adding music with singing that goes on and on?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Still really enjoying this game. I may be reaching the end despite many side quests but I refuse to read anything about it so I don’t know aside from what the game is telling me.

B.B. is about as close to a real child as I would ever want to be responsible for. He’s friendly while attached to my suit and generally is quiet but man is he annoying with the crying when things are shitty.

C.D. (Corpse Delivery) is a seldom requested job that I enjoy a hell of a lot more than delivering bombs.

As the game progresses and the more things are connected and built by you and other players, it sucks you in despite the main objective of the game usually being delivering.. packages. It’s really something that I think has to be played to be understood as a new “type” of game in a way.. but it certainly isn’t for everyone.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

The computer version came out about a year after the exclusive PS4 release. I found a discount code for the "Director's Cut" a few months ago and decided to revisit this game despite finishing it in normal difficulty mode.

Playing it again with better graphics and the new additions.. aaand being able to use a trainer to skip thru bullshit (I can't really consider preventing myself to gather another 4000 metals to rebuild a road I already did in the PS4 version or getting past the annoying "WW2 nightmare" sequences as cheating at all. That's all I use it for) is a really nice experience. Taking my time to get as many excellent deliveries as possible before finishing (you can continue to deliver after you beat the story but I kinda rushed through that the first go round) because I find it to be a really therapeutic game for me. I used to run delivery routes on a few jobs in RealLife and while it's boring as mundane as hell to keep going back to the same customers there's something calming about clearing your mind and just thinking about other shit as you drive and walk to your destination.. and getting rewards for doing so in the end.

The Director's Cut also offers new battle sim type modes and a lot of extra random content; some of which ties into Cyberpunk 2077. The latest update of Cyberpunk 2077 has "Easter eggs" for Death Stranding. Both games had bad reviews for different reasons but I really still enjoy both games. It sounds like both games are getting sequels as they slowly push free DLC. I'm also officially making a prediction based on game lore.. I think in Death Stranding 2 "Sam" will go to the moon and will not only have to deal with the very anal and realistic inventory system, but also with the extreme environmental challenges. As the author of Lunar Base 1, this concept fascinates the shit out of me. It doesn't rain on the moon and there has never been a beach on the moon.. so what lies on the moon in the mind of Kojima?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

This game has some of the most depressing music. I enjoy it.. but try not to too much.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Behold:

The Jiz zip line network getting shit DELIVERED

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻