Awww shit, boys.

Sports & Music

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Awww shit, boys.

Post by pinback »

I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Flack

Re: Awww shit, boys.

Post by Flack »

I am casual acquaintances with the opening band on this tour. If they were coming anywhere near Oklahoma I could probably get terrific seats for free. Alas...
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

pinback

Post by pinback »

Well, I'm best friends with Danny Carey and I get free tickets to every show, but the closest one is Louisville, KY tomorrow, and I'm not going to a place called the "KFC Yum! Center", no matter how much Danny begs me to come check out his stupid band.

Bugs

Post by Bugs »

pinback wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:44 pm Well, I'm best friends with Danny Carey and I get free tickets to every show, but the closest one is Louisville, KY tomorrow, and I'm not going to a place called the "KFC Yum! Center", no matter how much Danny begs me to come check out his stupid band.
The universe is hostile, so impersonal.

Flack

Post by Flack »

pinback wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:44 pm Well, I'm best friends with Danny Carey
You win this round. I interviewed Totimoshi (who morphed into All Souls, the opening band) when they came through Oklahoma ten or so years ago. We chat occasionally online.
pinback wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:44 pm I'm not going to a place called the "KFC Yum! Center"
The Pinback doth protest too much, methinks.

pinback

Post by pinback »

New album "confirmed" for August 30th.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Never got into the Tool but glad you guys have some new music stuff to be excited about. That’s a rare thing these days.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Bugs

Post by Bugs »

Tool’s entire discography became available on all streaming services today. What is the first song you listen to?

pinback

Post by pinback »

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned.

Also, the new album has a name now: "Fear Inoculum". what

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

My favorite tool songs are "Put the Hammer Down," "Screwdriver," "Left Handed Monkey Wrench," and "Hardware Store." They're not by the group Tool, they're just songs about tools. Oh, and by the way, only "Hardware Store," by Wierd Al Yankovic is a real song. His store is better than Home Depot, they sell automatic circumcisers!

Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Bugs is back! Bugs, so much has changed! May I fill you in??
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

Tdarcos wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:01 pm My favorite tool songs are "Put the Hammer Down," "Screwdriver," "Left Handed Monkey Wrench," and "Hardware Store." They're not by the group Tool, they're just songs about tools. Oh, and by the way, only "Hardware Store," by Wierd Al Yankovic is a real song. His store is better than Home Depot, they sell automatic circumcisers!

I know at least one song called "Put the Hammer Down" and at least two different songs titled "Screwdriver" (one by Prince, one by Jackyl).

Ice Cream Jonsey

Wait, did the band Tool really do a concept album about power tools?

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:04 pm
Tdarcos wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:01 pm My favorite tool songs are "Put the Hammer Down," "Screwdriver," "Left Handed Monkey Wrench," and "Hardware Store." They're not by the group Tool, they're just songs about tools. Oh, and by the way, only "Hardware Store," by Wierd Al Yankovic is a real song. His store is better than Home Depot, they sell automatic circumcisers!
I know at least one song called "Put the Hammer Down" and at least two different songs titled "Screwdriver" (one by Prince, one by Jackyl).
Well, at least nobody has done a song about a left-handed monkey wrench!
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:50 am Wait, did the band Tool really do a concept album about power tools?
Yes. It was called April Tool's Day.

pinback

Post by pinback »

It's now time to talk about this:

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Here is your complimentary “I never got into Tool, but I don’t hate em.” post. Cool they are still making music though. Lord knows we need people still making music at least somewhat worth a shit.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

First Tool song in 14 years, nobody's got a comment. Alright. That's cool. Not a "prog-rock" crowd. Well, I'll say something:

It sounds like parts of Lateralus (the album) cobbled together and they all agreed it sounded "Tool" enough, so they put it on the album. They're victory lapping at this point, but if you don't want the phrase "I waited 14 years for this?" echoing throughout the streets, don't make this the first single. I mean, Descending and Invincible, the new ones we've all seen the crappy live cellphone recordings of, those sound right snappy, so there's still hope, but I was not completely whelmed by this one.

Second listen was better because I wasn't constantly expecting it to get to the good part. Expectations play a part, no doubt.

But I mean, come on, Carey's little hippie drum-circle rhythm bit there was lifted directly from Reflections. I'd say it was note-for-note, but I dunno what they call that in drumming language.

We'll see.

Cool logo, anyway.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Tool is progressive rock? We're going that route now? Like Yes, King Crimson and Rush?

Prog rock, eh?

pinback

Post by pinback »

Well, I dunno. What do you call 'em?