Guess who fucked up my account for the thir-COMCAST

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Guess who fucked up my account for the thir-COMCAST

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:22 pm

I just received an email asking for $78 for my next month of Comcast internet service. Which I canceled on April 11th.

This is the third time these assholes have pulled this shit. Many, many years ago I canceled them because I was moving and they wanted their cable box back and I gave it to them and they claimed they never got it. I had to do some amount of fuckery to prove, no, I really don't have it. I went back to them and moved again and got a receipt showing that I gave them the box and THREE YEARS LATER they called up asking for their box back. Incompetent cretins.

So it doesn't surprise me that they pulled this shit. I was supposed to get a refund because I am always ahead on my bills (which was gonna be thirty days, love that it takes them a month to get me money but I was going to let that go. Anyway, now I have to call them up again and it's one more Christing thing.

The move was supposed to make me more relaxed. Comcast is harshing on my vibe!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Drinky McDrinkydrink

Re: Guess who fucked up my account for the thir-COMCAST

Post by Drinky McDrinkydrink » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:02 pm

I'm looking forward to somebody giving me a hard time so that I can drink all of my frustrations away. It hasn't happened yet. :sad:

Flack

Post by Flack » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:45 am

There was a time when the only thing Comcast did quickly was turn people's information over to the RIAA/MPAA. I'm glad to hear they are doing other things more quickly now as well.

My favorite cable modem story was the time our home internet went out and the cable guy came to our house, checked things out, determined my cable modem was bad, and then demanded that I give it to him. I had purchased the cable modem; it was mine, not theirs. The guy checked his records and said no, it was a rental, and he had to take it. I looked it up. At the time they only rented Motorola cable modems, and mine was Zoom brand. I sure showed him! Then he showed me my bill, where I had been paying rent on a Motorola modem for the past 3 years (that I never got). Also, he said he couldn't turn off the monthly rental charge unless I turned in a modem. So I gave him the dead Zoom modem, a modem they didn't sell. After he left I tried to get my money back for three years of renting a modem I never got and was told all billing discrepancies had to be filed within 60 days of receiving my bill. Since my options were to move on in life or cancel my cable subscription and go back to dial up internet, I opted for the former. Sometimes I question whether or not I made the right decision.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:57 pm

I cannot wait until GreenLight gets in my 'hood. Ever since Spectrum took over Time Warner things have gotten waaaay to pricey. We turned off cable TV and opted for the antenna based viewing content and internet only. They haven't asked about the old modem yet but they aren't charging us rent on it anymore either. I guess that thing fell in the obsolete equipment category. Maybe I'll use it as a nice decorative planter or something.

THE
WATER WEEKLY
AARDVARK

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:00 pm

Jesus Christ, Flack. What complete incompetence. They wouldn't last two seconds in anything other than a monopoly.

The Blue Jays are owned by a monopoly in Canada, Rogers Communications. There has been one VP after another that attempts to meddle with the team. The nimrods that rise up the ranks in a monopoly actually believe they can compete outside of monopolies, as evidenced by the Blue Jays having a 22 year playoff gap with another 22 year gap coming.

Back to Comcast - the gal on the phone stated that I am definitely getting my $35 refund, sending out another bill is "just something they do." Ha ha ha. I mean, if I were on auto pay, I would have given them $78 for nothing, right? God, they are the worst and how shit like this doesn't land them in jail is incredible.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:09 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:00 pm
Ha ha ha. I mean, if I were on auto pay, I would have given them $78 for nothing, right? God, they are the worst and how shit like this doesn't land them in jail is incredible.
..and shit like this is EXACTLY why my ISP will NEVER be on auto-pay!