He gets it wrong about Jack-in-the-Box

The Future of Radio begins..... now. <a href="http://donrogersshow.blogspot.com">http://donrogersshow.blogspot.com/</a>
Tdarcos

He gets it wrong about Jack-in-the-Box

Post by Tdarcos » Thu May 31, 2018 5:59 pm

Our Mr. Rogers has been complaining about the Jack-in-the-Box restaurant in the neighborhood, complaining about food poisoning leading to projectile vomiting. Well, he got it wrong. This video says it's Dairy Queen that is the ptomaine palace, not Jack-in-the-Box.

The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

pinback

Re: He gets it wrong about Jack-in-the-Box

Post by pinback » Thu May 31, 2018 6:01 pm

I can't believe you're still contradicting a FACTUAL STORY that I told you about my own life. I ate one bite of a Jack in the Box burger and was spewing red, bloody chunks all over the house for the rest of the week.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:47 am

I don't know why he continues to challenge you on the facts of the matter. The fact is - and everyone on the BBS will back it up - that each bite of a food product from Jack in the Box is SCIENTIFICALLY DESIGNED to induce blood-spittled vomit in whoever consumes it. This isn't an opinion, it's a thing that actually happened to you and millions of other Americans. I'm sorry you have to hear it from me, Tdarcos. I like their food! I get it all the time! Just not before work or anything. We're not judging the corporate decision made, but the facts are it makes people violently ill. Why do you keep saying otherwise?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:24 pm

And don't wear white clothes when you go there.

THE
SPATTERED,
SHAYOOBAY
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:29 am

This is stupid. I have eaten Jack-in-the-Box food for decades when I lived in California. Not once did I ever get sick. If JITB was intentionally causing food poisoning or doing so through gross negligence they'd have been sued out of existence by multi-millions of dollars in claims that they'd no longer be able to buy insurance against.

Further, there would be news reports, YouTube videos of investigative reporters showing the victims of JITB food. Where are those videos?
Don't claim they're suppressed; JITB isn't McDonalds and even they don't have the kind of money to hide a secret that rancid. JITB has over 2000 locations and over $2.2 Billion in annual sales, you can't keep that level of sales and have repeated or regular incidents of food poisoning or projectile vomiting, the news reports would be on this like white on rice, and it would be too juicy a story not to cover and impossible to cover up.

In fact, mismanaging of food is so bad the stories do not go away. Wikipedia has points in the main Jack in the Box article or separate articles about JITB using horse meat back in 1981 - more than 35 years ago - and an incident of eColi bacteria in 1993, 25 years ago.

Further, if new incidents had been happening the FDA, FTC, and/or Department of Agriculture would be on their ass to clean up their act, and failing to do so promptly, their stores and processing plants would have been shut down by court order and armed Federal Marshals or FBI agents. And that would have made even bigger news.

If there were recent - by 'recent' I mean since January, 2017, 18 months ago - reports of sickness and /or projectile vomiting by people eating Jack-in-the-Box food they'd be well publicized and in the news. The victims would be looking at 6- and 7-figure payouts.

Present those claims. Show those incidents. They will be public news, cannot be hidden or suppressed, and will be obvious. Again, regular claims require some evidence; extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and claims made without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

pinback

Post by pinback » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:43 pm

This just proves that your recollection of past events is unreliable at best. That wasn't Jack-in-the-Box you were eating at in California. We all know this, because if it had been, then you would have actually lost weight from the continuous heaving of your internal organs all over the floor, rather than landing in a wheelchair.
Above all else... We shall go on... And continue!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:31 am

I have to take pinback's side on this. Dairy Queen sells delicious frozen treats while Jack in the Box poisons people. Just some basic facts that support his side of the story here.

Flack

Post by Flack » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:39 am

Just to break down those Sketchy Secrets Dairy Queen Doesn't Want You To Know:

1. Soft-serve ice cream that comes from a tap is not ice cream, according to the FDA.
2. They keep their recipe a secret.
3. Mars "considered" pulling M&Ms from restaurnt chain desserts in 2016, but didn't.
4. DQ's desserts have a lot of sugar and fat, and their chili cheese fries aren't healthy.
5. Two people 9 years apart reported getting sick from eating DQ food.
6. Some DQ locations aren't clean.
"Jack Flack always escapes." -Davey Osborne

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:33 pm

Tdarcos, the reason why the news isn't teeming with JITB stories is because it happens so often it's not news.

Flack

Post by Flack » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:59 am

Next week, if I can work out the logistics, I plan to pull a stunt so daring and amazing that even David Blaine wouldn't attempt it.

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:52 pm

White Castle and Jack-in-the-Box and In and Out Burger all in one day! The hat trick of digestion!

THE
VICTORY LAP
AARDVARK

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:00 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:33 pm
Tdarcos, the reason why the news isn't teeming with JITB stories is because it happens so often it's not news.
Bullshit. Once a place gets food poisoning incidents they get red tagged and cannot operate, with worse fines and jail time if they did. They are shut down until all health issues have been resolved, then they can apply for reinspection and permission to open. And all inspections are public record.

Go to this website: http://www2.sdcounty.ca.gov/ffis/ this is the website for San Diego County, CA health department. In the search box for "restaurant/facility" type "jack in the box" and the search returns 101 inspections, so you pick one location and it will tell you what level of inspection card, and what the results of the inspection were, whether no problems or what was found and when it was resolved.

You trying to tell me there are Jack In The Box restaurants routinely having food poisoning incidents that are so regular they aren't even being reported and the stores are not being shut down? Why don't you tell me about the U.S. hospitals routinely having incidents of bubonic plague and iatrogenic full-blown AIDS. The public health service would be shutting them down.

A thing like this would be award-winning news coverage, not ignored as too commonplace. They'd have reporters at the owner's home for ambush interviews; they'd be interviewing customers for terrific film of projectile vomiting, this becoming exhibit #1 in the plaintiff's lawsuit for millions in damages and in the health department's suit for a court order shutting them down. Their insurance would stop covering them after the first incident and definitely after the second.

Flack

Post by Flack » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:26 am

Bitches, meet my new attorney, Rollumbo.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:15 pm

Sorry guys, I was away from the BBS for a couple days. Had a group outing for lunch. All y'all can guess where. :(

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:17 pm

The last time I ate a "sour dough bacon Jack" burger in an airport I was just fine! Pretty tasty as well.

I do remember my first visit to a Jack N the Box though and ordering a taco or 2 because they were so cheap. And instead of shredded cheese on it, it had.. a triangle of American cheese on it. Horrifying.