Paul Tracker

Animated GIFs & Nonsense

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by Billy Mays » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:09 pm

Any updates on Paul?

User avatar
ChainGangGuy
Posts: 751
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:04 am
Location: Marietta, GA

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by ChainGangGuy » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:37 am

Surely, there must be a tender morsel of news we can toast, roast and plate up for our weekend contentment.

User avatar
Jizaboz
Posts: 1090
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by Jizaboz » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:23 pm

I talked to Paul for an hour and a half today. He informed me he lost a lot of weight in a matter of seconds.

Because they had to remove a leg right above the knee a few days ago. Bad infections were setting in. Surgery went smooth. The bleeding from the stapled area after it stopped. The reason they went so high is basically because of his bad knees.. he didn’t expect to have that much of the leg removed. While he has had to have heavy pain medication, he was very lucid and we talked about a good range of subjects. It was a little hard at times given the circumstances, but we had some good laughs. Ironically the leg with the bad problem wasn’t the one he originally had a wound in. That wound cleared up fine.

Hopefully we didn’t talk so long that his hospital dinner that arrived hadn’t gone too cold but neither of us would shut up haha. Tonight is stuffed pepper night.

I plan on calling again later next week. He’s got his cell phone there and charged and also I’ve got the free hospital room #

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21577
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:08 pm

He is alive. And that is the important thing. I can not comprehend the trauma he must be going through.

Was there any idea on his part where he might go when the hospital discharges him?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Jizaboz
Posts: 1090
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by Jizaboz » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:11 pm

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:08 pm
He is alive. And that is the important thing. I can not comprehend the trauma he must be going through.

Was there any idea on his part where he might go when the hospital discharges him?
No not yet but he has assured me he has retained his computer, his cell phone, and hopefully the Buffalo NAS (lol I think of that stupid “Money Man” song every time) external storage drive is OK because he’s got a lot of important shit stored on it.

So.. on an unrelated note is Bowel Movement.. I mean Billy Mays.. why do you keep using Pinbacks avatar?

User avatar
Billy Mays
Posts: 1504
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:33 am

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by Billy Mays » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:03 am

Originally I was using Paul's avatar because Paul wasn't using it (he opted for Homer Simpson). Then pinback started using it as well which was funny for a time but it also upset ICJ, because he doesn't like it when more than one person has the same avatar, so I changed it to the one I currently use.

Now this one was only supposed to be temporary, and it still is, until ICJ implemented the crazy doodle AArdvark made of me. I used it because I thought it would be funny to take pinback's avatar after he had taken mine which was taken from Paul (sort of) and also because pinback is a very comical individual so you start laughing long before he says anything just based on the fact that you know he is about to say something funny. But while I really like the crazy doodle AArdvark made of me, I found it unsettling to look at for any length of time. Similar to a Goya so here I am with pinback's avatar until something else comes along.

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21577
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Sun Jun 09, 2019 8:50 am

Yes, it is aggravating, because it would be a million times easier to read the forum if people didn't specifically pick avatars of people that were not them, but what are ya gonna do.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Jizaboz
Posts: 1090
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by Jizaboz » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:08 pm

Just talked with him again. Aside from a AAA battery debacle, things are going OK.

User avatar
bryanb
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:56 pm

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by bryanb » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:38 pm

Jizaboz, you are one AMAZING friend. A lot of us on this board may talk about getting in touch with Tdarcos, but you actually go and do it and you don't turn away when the times get tough. As for Paul, he's acting downright heroically. He loses a leg and then is able to laugh with a buddy just a few days later? If that ever happens to me, I fully expect to be a dick to everyone for years, if not decades. Thanks for keeping us updated, Jiz.

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5122
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: University Park, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by Tdarcos » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:37 pm

bryanb wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:38 pm
As for Paul, ... He loses a leg and then is able to laugh with a buddy just a few days later? If that ever happens to me, I fully expect to be a dick to everyone for years, if not decades.
It doesn't make much sense to curse the rain or go tilting at windmills. (lImage of someone dealing cards) You have to accept the hand that you are dealt.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

User avatar
bryanb
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:56 pm

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by bryanb » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:39 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:37 pm

It doesn't make much sense to curse the rain or go tilting at windmills. (lImage of someone dealing cards) You have to accept the hand that you are dealt.
That's a very wise perspective to have. I'm not there yet myself -- in fact, I'm not so sure I will ever get there. I just have a hard time accepting life as it is sometimes, especially the whole watching the people and pets you love die painful, miserable deaths thing. Even if I can't quite reach the point where you are, I hope I can keep sadness from turning to bitterness in the future because feeling bitter about circumstances you can't change doesn't do the least bit of good. Well, I suspect a healthy dose of bitterness does make it a bit easier to write angry reviews of interactive fiction which is a skill I still need. I'm not sure the world is quite ready for Zen Trotting Krips just yet.

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5122
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: University Park, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by Tdarcos » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:58 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:21 pm
I'm still alive and so is my cat, Guaranteed**.

** This guarantee expires one minute after posting, is no longer guaranteed and may not be correct at any later time.
As it is now for anyone who remembers my posts about how Runner ran away and presumably died.

I read Jonsey's front page post about Frobozz and how he died, trying to escape into a video game cabinet. I feel your pain, Jonsey. Or maybe it's just my stump. In any case it happened twice to me, once where I saw the cat dead (Princess) and once where I didn't (Runner).
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5122
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: University Park, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by Tdarcos » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:05 am

Billy Mays wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:03 am
Originally I was using Paul's avatar because Paul wasn't using it (he opted for Homer Simpson).
I only used Homer until I could figure out how to get it to accept my picture. The thing is, I remember doing it but I haven't the slightest idea how the hell I did it.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5122
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: University Park, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by Tdarcos » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:12 am

Billy Mays wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:03 am
also because pinback is a very comical individual so you start laughing long before he says anything just based on the fact that you know he is about to say something funny.
Dear Mr. Mays, I must beg to differ with you in that I disagree with your opinion. Pinback has never been funny. In fact I suspect his body lacks a funny bone.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

User avatar
bryanb
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:56 pm

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by bryanb » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:18 am

Tdarcos wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:12 am
Dear Mr. Mays, I must beg to differ with you in that I disagree with your opinion. Pinback has never been funny. In fact I suspect his body lacks a funny bone.
I would take this to be facetious if not for the fact that the archives have many examples of discussions in which Pinback was being very funny yet you didn't seem to appreciate the humor at all. As someone who once declared Pinback to be the funniest person on the Internet and still believes that to be true, I find this deeply disturbing. Who here do you consider to be funnier than Pinback? I genuinely want to see a list of who Tdarcos' considers to be the funniest Jolt Country posters, past and present. Rules: you can't include yourself in the list and you should leave me and Miggy out of this as well since we haven't had time to establish a baseline yet.

User avatar
Jizaboz
Posts: 1090
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:00 pm
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by Jizaboz » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:48 am

Speaking of which.. WTF is a "Miggy"?

User avatar
RealNC
Posts: 1342
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:32 am

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by RealNC » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:23 pm

Tdarcos wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:12 am
Pinback has never been funny. In fact I suspect his body lacks a funny bone.
This is great. This place is well on its way to become what it once was.

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21577
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:40 pm

Jizaboz wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:48 am
Speaking of which.. WTF is a "Miggy"?
I think it might be a friend of mine from Rochester who might have gotten the reminder email I sent out around Christmas time, which resulted in no other people dropping by. Maybe!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Ice Cream Jonsey
Posts: 21577
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2002 2:44 pm
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:40 pm

RealNC wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:23 pm
Tdarcos wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:12 am
Pinback has never been funny. In fact I suspect his body lacks a funny bone.
This is great. This place is well on its way to become what it once was.
Here is hoping that is becomes your new favorite forum to post to!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

User avatar
Tdarcos
Posts: 5122
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 9:25 am
Location: University Park, Maryland
Contact:

Re: Paul Tracker

Post by Tdarcos » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:27 am

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:40 pm
RealNC wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:23 pm
Tdarcos wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:12 am
Pinback has never been funny. In fact I suspect his body lacks a funny bone.
This is great. This place is well on its way to become what it once was.
Here is hoping that is becomes your new favorite forum to post to!
I have found posting here to be slightly more painful than having my leg removed. I shall bear the pain for the sake of my friends. And if you actually believed any of that bullshit, I have some oceanfront property near Las Vegas.
The lessons of history teach us - if they teach us anything - that no one learns the lessons of history. tdarcos@tdarcos.com

Post Reply