New addition to the family

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback

Re: New addition to the family

Post by pinback »

I also have more corroborating evidence which I am not at liberty to share, but it's all terribly unseemly.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Never shot a dog. Never had a desire to. However, it's common in the country. It's also cheaper and a lot less hassle than it sounds like the extermination companies in Denver are. Hell, it's probably less stressful to the animal too.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Let veterinarians decide what is less stressful to the animal.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Billy Mays wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:13 am Let veterinarians decide what is less stressful to the animal.
NO U
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: Re:

Post by Casual Observer »

Casual Observer wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:29 pm Update: wife just asked me to leave some messages w/ home going to sleep vets that our vet sent us.
Update: not doing this yet. This little thing has some freakin spunk, she made it through the UT infection and made it through being left alone for our weekend in Tahoe. This may be her last year but she's "got some wolf in her" (DL Hugley reference).

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Casual Observer wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:19 am
Casual Observer wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:29 pm Update: wife just asked me to leave some messages w/ home going to sleep vets that our vet sent us.
Update: not doing this yet. This little thing has some freakin spunk, she made it through the UT infection and made it through being left alone for our weekend in Tahoe. This may be her last year but she's "got some wolf in her" (DL Hugley reference).
Good to hear!

I like good dogs. Like Flack sez.. I am not the dog Punisher. I've owned 3 dogs in my lifetime, the first being a crazy pit bull when I was about 10. It nearly killed me and my sister on seperate occasions by charging into us but never bit us. It did bite my mom for some reason in the leg one day.. I wasn't there but I recall guessing she probably physically scolded it for tearing up her flower garden and Scooter wasn't having that shit.

He was later put to sleep for some sort of throat issue after about 2 years.. Pretty sure I wasn't lied to about that one because the fucker would eat anything, including the wooden barricades (He would go after anything seen or heard through the front door otherwise) set up for him in the house that wasn't doused in cayenne pepper.

Then later came Otto when I was 14. He was originally my sisters dog but eventually became what my parents and friends would joke as "little brother" to me. "Go feed yr little brother" and "I think your little brother wants to come in" became running jokes. Otto lived to be about 13-14 years old which was outstanding for a boxer/English bulldog mix riddled with tumors late in life. The vet basically said we could either put him to sleep in his last year or give him pain meds in his food. He seemed pretty happy about the latter for his last year.

The last dog belonged to my ex-wife. She ended up taking the dog with her when she moved out to some place with other dogs. Said the dog was killing the dogs and had it out to sleep. Not sure how much of that I believe but I hated that had to happen if it did.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Jizaboz wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:37 pm I like good dogs. Like Flack sez.. I am not the dog Punisher.
That was me! I am the one who quipped that!
I've owned 3 dogs in my lifetime, the first being a crazy pit bull when I was about 10. It nearly killed me and my sister on seperate occasions by charging into us but never bit us. It did bite my mom for some reason in the leg one day.. I wasn't there but I recall guessing she probably physically scolded it for tearing up her flower garden and Scooter wasn't having that shit.
The question always does need to be asked when an animal bites - were you fucking with it? I hope that Mrs. Boz can give us the right answer one day.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Ice Cream Jonsey

So after two and a half years of constant pet sadness there were three animals in our home, the two golden retrievers and one calico cat (Reggie, from earlier in this thread).

The other day we went to a cat place and we took home Clyde. He is six years old. His owner recently died. He is a domestic longhair.

He's been pretty shy. He was at the cat place because his owner died. So a cat who lost his owner and a guy who lost his cat could maybe make it so that we both feel better about things.

ImageIMG_4981 by Robb Sherwin, on Flickr

ImageIMG_4985 by Robb Sherwin, on Flickr

pinback

Post by pinback »

That's a terribly handsome animal.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I smell foul play here, you should be very careful around that cat.

Ice Cream Jonsey

It would be a relief, frankly.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:42 pm It would be a relief, frankly.
Hahaha

Yeah that's a cool looking new cat. Also, sorry for mis-remembering the Punisher thing.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

RobB makes it sound like the Brady Bunch pilot episode. Glad you found a new fur-baby though.

THE
YES I SAID
FUR BABY
AARDVARK

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Just don't ever get a reptile.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Billy Mays wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:45 am Just don't ever get a reptile.
What's wrong with a pet snake? (As long as you don't release it into the Everglades or something)

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I used to own a number of lizards and my conclusion there is that reptiles aren't even pets, they are a novelty where you exchange money and having to constantly clean up lizard shit for the privilege of saying "huh, that's kind of neat" which is a bad trade off. They are unfeeling, indifferent, cold blooded animals with the same personality and enthusiasm for life as a potted plant. Heat is an essential part of their digestion so that if you do pick it up to play with it and pet it and it has to shit then it will quickly death grip itself to your forearm and relieve itself all over you. The list goes on and on.

Snakes are even worse than lizards, even I had enough sense not to own a snake but I've known people who have and basically they are as bad as lizards except with fangs or a stronger bite or who cares what but inevitably they all come to the realization that owning a snake is in fact fucking retarded and they end up getting rid of it somehow. Maybe they would eat Robb's cats? I don't know? That would obviously be another downside to them but I didn't even factor in snakes when I said reptiles since it is such a shit animal. So much so in fact that Jiz could gun down as many snakes as it would take to satisfy his weird fantasies and I wouldn't even think badly about him for it, if anything I would thank him for doing everyone a favor.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Reading your post, I was taken by how much of this also works for arcade games.
I used to own a number of lizards and my conclusion there is that reptiles aren't even pets, they are a novelty where you exchange money and having to constantly clean up lizard shit for the privilege of saying "huh, that's kind of neat" which is a bad trade off.
Same with arcade games.
They are unfeeling, indifferent, cold blooded animals with the same personality and enthusiasm for life as a potted plant.
Same.
Heat is an essential part of their digestion so that if you do pick it up to play with it and pet it and it has to shit then it will quickly death grip itself to your forearm and relieve itself all over you. The list goes on and on.
Same. If we do get this place we are looking at (well, if we sell our current place; we're under contract for the place my wife found) I am going to put the games in a heated garage. Probably be pricey, especially in the summer when I have the heat on megablast.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Oh, one more thing, this is actually pet related. I had a meeting the other day and people asked why I took four hours of PTO suddenly. I said it was because we were listing our house and then I told the people at the meeting where we were going. Someone mentioned that in the mountains there are lots of wild animals like bears and mountain lions and so forth. I said, well, "better that than the wild animals in the city" and what I meant was "I brought a dog into the city and it killed my cat" but thinking about it later I'm sure I came off as classist, racist and whatever else.

Luckily I said it and didn't tweet it so I haven't been shitcanned yet.