What XBox One game should I buy?

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Re: What XBox One game should I buy?

Post by Casual Observer »

Billy Mays wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:59 am This topic is heading towards an "I told you so". 6 months tops.
Well we told you that you're not funny at least six months ago. We told you so.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

While not a game, in the spirit of Christmas, I would like to recommend that you purchase the play and charge kit by PowerA. The usb ports on xbox one controllers are so fragile that they will break from normal use, the same goes for their usb cables. The PowerA kit is only 15 dollars, comes with two batteries with the usb port in the battery itself allowing you to override the controller issues and comes with a usb charging cable that will not deteriorate like the microsoft version will.

Also, look for this game early 2019:

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I agree with Billy that the build quality on Xboxes leave a little to be desired. The original one I sent Vark had a network jack die. I've gone through two 360s. I sure don't want to buy another one, but it'd be nice if all the games I bought could, ya know, be freaking playable again.

If it can display the red ring, why can't it fix itself? That sounds sarcastic but it's not. I don't get it.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:15 amIf it can display the red ring, why can't it fix itself?
The 360 suffered from heat management issues which didn't get address until the very tail end of the console's life. The red ring of death (oddly not a ring since only 3 of the 4 bars lit up) indicated a fried system. Sometimes they would just power down to avoid burning up, but people would just turn them back on anyways.

With the release of the Xbox One, the only problems I'm aware of is that the original models had a tendency to chew up games, literally (I think it was called "the predator" because of how similar the sound was of your new system eating your new 60 dollar game to that of the sound the predator makes), but it got fixed surprisingly fast, and the controller usb port and usb cable issues which still exist today can be easily and cheaply bypassed by picking up the PowerA brand Play and Charge kit for $15 on Amazon or Walmart.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

Billy Mays wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:02 am While not a game, in the spirit of Christmas, I would like to recommend that you purchase the play and charge kit by PowerA.
Wow, Billy, thanks for such a great recommendation. I will buy this item.
ICJ wrote:I agree with Billy that the build quality on Xboxes leave a little to be desired. The original one I sent Vark had a network jack die. I've gone through two 360s.
Yeah, the 360 was a piece of junk. I had bought Jack Straw's modded one with a binder of games which was great until I got the red ring thing. I had it fixed though for another $125 and it worked for another few years until I pawned it for $50 and never picked it up.
ICJ wrote:I sure don't want to buy another one, but it'd be nice if all the games I bought could, ya know, be freaking playable again.
wait a sec, isn't the X-Box One backwards compatible? It doesn't help me because my binder of games were all downloaded off torrent/binary sites but you could probably play your games on the new one. Right?

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/bac ... patibility

Also, there's a holiday sale going on xbox live until I think the 3rd of January which is definitely worth checking out.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Casual Observer wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:55 pm
ICJ wrote:I sure don't want to buy another one, but it'd be nice if all the games I bought could, ya know, be freaking playable again.
wait a sec, isn't the X-Box One backwards compatible? It doesn't help me because my binder of games were all downloaded off torrent/binary sites but you could probably play your games on the new one. Right?
I probably could but I have a bit of an issue giving them money again when the first two were made so terribly - I also have a PS4 and I don't know that there are any exclusives I am dying for in Xbox One land.

(The other thing is that I can't stand the fact that it listens in on people. I decided to never have an item like that in my home. I do not want to spoil this thread for you by raving like a paranoid lunatic. Every other threads can be the one where we trash things, this is meant for the Xbox One to be mighty!)
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

McDeath

Post by McDeath »

I take it Polybius is nothing like the magical hidden in China town conspiracy government machine many claim seeing? I was #7 on that list but it was a game gear instead.
With great sandwiches comes great nachos.