Torrents in 2018?

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Torrents in 2018?

Post by Casual Observer »

Man, the torrent scene really has changed over the years. It used to be a simple bing search (not Google b/c those fucks started censoring torrents years ago) would bring up numerous torrent choices and only some were virus laden clicktraps. Now, it's like 1 out of 20 search results for torrent sites actually has a real working magnet link, the rest open up a "torrent" of bullshit popups and god knows what kind of malware they want to install. I've taken to only downloading torrents on my phone so I don't have to worry about them fucking up my work computer but still getting no joy with most of the search results.

You guys are more sophisticated than me probably, please can anyone give me some recommendations about actual working torrent sites that still exist in 2018?

AArdvark

Re: Torrents in 2018?

Post by AArdvark »

Good luck with that. Update your MalwareBytes cause it's the only way I get stuff anymore

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

You know, I really just use thepiratebay.r0cks with an o instead of a 0 (fuck you Google - you still owe me $50 for when I hosted your piece of shit ads here). I don't get pop up shit at all there, though I do have uBlock Origin on my machine.

Usenet is still where it's at though. I do pay some company $14.95 a month for ostensibly TV shows, most of which are free on the air now that I think about it. :/
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:11 pm Usenet is still where it's at though. I do pay some company $14.95 a month for ostensibly TV shows, most of which are free on the air now that I think about it. :/
oh, snap, I totally forgot about fucking binaries. Thanks man, it's been literally a decade since I considered binaries in usenet. Awesome!

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Private trackers are the best choice. But getting access to one is not easy.

Casual Observer

RealNC wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:37 am Private trackers are the best choice. But getting access to one is not easy.
Pls tell me more about this. I don't mind paying for this thing.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Casual Observer wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:39 amPls tell me more about this. I don't mind paying for this thing.
It's not about paying. Although some private trackers have "donations" that allow you to stay even if you don't seed. Normally, private trackers require you to maintain a certain seed ratio. If you don't, you lose membership. This is why these trackers have high download speeds.

Furthermore, it's difficult to get into one because it's an invite-only system, and if I invite someone who then later loses membership due to not seeding enough, I am also kicked out as a result.

Getting into a private tracker involves monitoring their homepage, every single day, to see if they temporarily open membership signups, which happens rarely, and the quota is quickly exhausted. Another way is to know someone who is already in and has the ability to invite you.

Failing that, the second best option are heavily moderated trackers. One of the best ones right now is a Russian tracker, rutracker dot 0rg. You need to use google translate to make sense of it. These trackers are still not as safe as private ones though, since users are allowed to upload torrents, so you can end up with malware. But still much better than completely open, unmoderated trackers.

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

E Z T V (that 'little dot symbol') A G

https://www.torrentfunk.com is more helpful for historical search

Flack

Post by Flack »

I pay $99/year for a usenet account that also includes a VPN, so I can torrent, too. For torrents I pretty much only use the well-known public ones. The only private tracker I'm on is for VHS and other videos not officially released on DVD. If you're looking for the latest movies it's not a good one, but if you want a copy of every Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade since the advent of the VCR, they're there. To avoid malware and viruses on software I primarily rely on people's reviews and ratings.

Newsgroups are way faster for me than torrents. I can max out my 150 megabit connection to my usenet provider, whereas I rarely hit one megabit on TPB (and usually much less), so I search usenet first for what I'm looking for most newer things I have to resort to torrenting.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

A good way to avoid viruses is to use a Linux virtual box to pull your stuff (within VPN if you prefer), then you can extract the files and eyeball or virus scan them there before moving over to the Windows host.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I'll just leave this here:

It's very time-limited. Chances, by the time any of you see this post, it might be over.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

The forum shat itself with the above URL, so here we go again:

Code: Select all

https://www.reddit.com/r/Piracy/comments/a1skxo/torrentleechorg_is_open/

The Happiness Engine

Post by The Happiness Engine »

More idiots who don't understand math. By definition every guy with a ratio over one implies a guy with a ratio under one. No one is downloading one and a half copies to make this idiot idea work.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

The ratio requirement if 0.4, not 1.

RetroRomper

Post by RetroRomper »

Casual Observer, check your PMs.
"Don't you DARE get me started on RetroArch!"

This has been a...
RETROROMPER CLASSIC TM

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

I just never access any systems that require downloading any executable to access the torrent link; it's either a pure torrent or I presume it's a trojan, and as I noted about a year ago when I ran one on my spare machine (which I imaged first) I confirmed it was.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Do you guys have a usenet indexer site that you like? I was using usenet-crawler but they said I made too many requests (made 1 for Chernobyl in the last week) and banned me for 1440 minutes and said if I keep making requests they would ban me for good. Unless I gave them $20. Which I would have, if I had actually been able to use their website. But also they can fuck off.

I know Flack sent me three a few months ago but I unfortunately lost the URLs.

Flack

Post by Flack »

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

Ice Cream Jonsey

Thank you Flack! My wife and I will watch Chernobyl and possibly throw up due to the horrible content thanks to YOU.