Akane

Video Game Discussions and general topics.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Akane

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I tried to talk about this on Caltrops, but that place has become the most unreadable tedious shit it's ever been. Let's talk about the game Akane.

You have a wave of enemies, much like Robotron, at the start. You can slash with a katana, or hold the shift key down to aim with the mouse as a gun. It looks amazing and I find myself thinking that this is one of the few modern day arcade games out there. It could be in an arcade cabinet just fine. Lemme post the Steam link because it's cheap and you should all get it:

I swear if the first few responses are just shitting on it I will shut this place down. Thanks!
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Billy Mays

Re: Akane

Post by Billy Mays »

Where do you draw the line between shitting on a game and simply criticizing it?

pinback

Post by pinback »

I had about $3.50 in my Steam wallet, so I ponied up the additional 50 cents and tried it out. Cool, cool. I find WASD difficult for games like this, so I probably won't go back to it too often, but yes, would make a fine arcade game.

I have gotten to, but haven't beaten the boss.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Billy Mays wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:51 am Where do you draw the line between shitting on a game and simply criticizing it?
When I see proof that you bought the game I'll entertain your thread-derailing questions.

The proof better be UNDENIABLE. You'd better make the Zapruder Film of Buying a Ware Off Steam.

Ice Cream Jonsey

pinback wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:35 am I had about $3.50 in my Steam wallet, so I ponied up the additional 50 cents and tried it out. Cool, cool. I find WASD difficult for games like this, so I probably won't go back to it too often, but yes, would make a fine arcade game.

I have gotten to, but haven't beaten the boss.
Waitasec. Devil Daggers is the most difficult game of all-time. Most people don't spend more than 30 seconds in a single play through in their life. You can do this, Pinback. You can achieve proper AKANE.

I didn't know there was a boss until I was on a roll. I panicked because everything the game teaches you up until the first boss needs to be adjusted. I run out of stamina spamming the katana button when he's on the screen too soon. Giggity.

I also wonder how necessary it is to get the unlockables before fighting the boss. I have two so far, I think. But damn, the game is GOOD. This is a GOOD game. Possibly the best one I've played in 2018 so far.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I feel that it is unfair to classify my question as "thread-derailing" since it addresses a pretty serious stipulation you had placed in your original post.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ah man, I was hoping this was about Akane Tendo from Ranma 1/2

This does look like a pretty cool game though. Does it play like Hotline Miami? I really need to get around to beating HL2 one day..
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

pinback

Post by pinback »

I beat da boss.

pinback

Post by pinback »

So instead of not going back to this, as I planned, I instead spent every spare moment today playing it. So much so that my wrist hurts.

I have an Akane injury.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Akane can injure me in the dojo ANY time.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yes, I will injure myself for Akane, that's fine. We should start swapping tips. And it's, what, four bucks??

pinback

Post by pinback »

What's your high score so far?

Ice Cream Jonsey

100, sir. I've seen the first boss three times. That is it. How do I akane the boss?