Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Flack

Kabib vs. McGregor - Post Fight Brawl

Post by Flack »

"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

RealNC

Re: Kabib vs. McGregor - Post Fight Brawl

Post by RealNC »

What did you think? Did you watch the fight? Let me know in the comments down below. Don't forget to click thumbs up and subscribe.

I want TV back. YouTube now turned to shit.

Flack

Post by Flack »

I did watch the fight.

I love McGregor in the sense that he's a fun guy to listen to talk shit and watch in the ring, but he went into this fight with three strikes against him. He hadn't fought in the UFC since 2016, he hasn't been training much since he earned $100 million fighting Mayweather, and his style really didn't match well with Khabib's. Khabib was 26-0 going into the fight and is a shooting and submission expert. As long as the fighters stayed upright Conor had a chance, but as we all knew, it wasn't going to stay upright for long.

Please like and share if you liked my opinion.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Post by Casual Observer »

All i know is i couldn't embrace another man for that long. Seemed like 19 minutes of them writhing and hitting each other on the floor. Eww.

Casual Observer
Location: Everett, WA, 2 blocks from where the Green River Killer picked them up

Seems like Connor's last 2 fights are part one and two of a sad fish out of water story (except he earns over $200M in the process so not so sad). He spent half of Maywether doing shit from UFC that's illegal as hell in boxing, and he spent 90% of this one on the floor getting technically beaten with hardly being able to throw his awesome kicks or extra 5" punches.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Right, well, that's both the issue and the problem. McGregor had two of the highest paydays in the history of the UFC, earning $3 million at UFC 202 and another $3 million at UFC 205 [1]. It seems crazy to call $3 million small beans, but the promise of $100 million (which he got for the Mayweather fight [2]) was enough to get get him (and let's face it, most people) to do engage in a no-win contest. AFAIK, McGregor got paid another $3 million for last night's fight [3], but that one was less about the money and more about Conor trying to prove he could come back after two years off and beat the hot undefeated guy.

Seems to me like the way to stop Khabib would be a well placed knee during one of his shoots, but so far nobody's been able to pull it off. And as Conor found out last night in round two, focus too much on the shoot and you'll find yourself stumbling from one of Khabib's rights. Not that it seems to matter, as Khabib set the record for the most takedowns in a single fight (21) against Abel Trujillo in UFC 160.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

Wait, this guy got $100 mill for a prize fight? How old is he? He looks to be in his 30s. The fuck did he get in the ring again? How did he not segue into movies like The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Roddy Piper and John Cena? AND the normal fight wasn't enough for him, he decided to start a post-match fight on his own time? Most people on this forum wouldn't computer program on their own time.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Flack

Post by Flack »

McGregor got $100 million for the Mayweather fight. It was the most watched PPV event in history, and brought in approximately $1.3 billion. Although it's tough to get exact numbers, it's estimated that Conor made $100 million (for losing) and Mayweather walked away with between $250-$300 million.

Khabib, the evil Russian and Conor's opponent, was the one who started the post-fight fight.

It is unlikely either one of them could program a computer.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I hit enter before my post was complete, but what I was going to say isn't good enough to try to fix it. So we're just going to write this one off and hope that two millionaires attacking each other drives the thread and not my antics.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Probably going to sound lame but I'd rather just watch authentic Ju-jitsu or even Judo tournaments where they don't fight in their underwear and just stick to tradition.

I skipped around in the video some but didn't get.. what even triggered the post-fight to begin with?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Jizaboz wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:31 amI skipped around in the video some but didn't get.. what even triggered the post-fight to begin with?
Showmanship. More money to be made by feuds.

Casual Observer

Flack wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:46 pm
Ukranians, however are great and cheap programmers. So far, I've only ever used Ukranians for programming projects, way easier to work with than Indians.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Just stay away from the Russians.

"Yeah, Khabib. We're going to need you to sta--"

Casual Observer

Flack wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:00 pm Just stay away from the Russians.

"Yeah, Khabib. We're going to need you to sta--"

Is Connor not allowed to kick in that scene? Why wouldn't he be able to put his feet together and kick hus ass off?

Flack

Post by Flack »

Fighters are totally allowed to kick upward while on their back.

That animated gif is a really short snippet from the fight. Let me set the scene, and I apologize in advance if I explain things you already knew.

McGregor's only chance at winning this fight (or even coming close) was to not let Khabib take it to the ground. Fifteen seconds into the fight, that's exactly what happened. For the rest of the first round, Khabib held Conor down on the mat, squeezed the air out of him, laid on top of him to wear him out, and occasionally punched him in the face. Round one, Khabib.

In round two, Conor absolutely did not want to go to the ground. Thirty seconds into round two, Khabib faked a shoot and when Conor dropped his hand, Khabib hit him with a right that sent Conor stumbling. Khabib followed it up with a flying knee, and 45 seconds into the second round with McGregor still dazed, Khabib simply picked him up and dropped him on his head, resulting in Conor on his back, again.

Now, here's the thing. With Conor stunned, Khabib probably could have submitted him. Khabib has black belts in judo and sambo, and Conor is terrible on the ground. But these guys hate each other so much that instead, Khabib chose to punish him. In one of the press conferences, Khabib said his goal was to "change Conor's face." So after alternating between choking him with his forearm and squeezing the shit out of his lungs with his legs, he stood up real quick and just started dropping hard shots on McGregor's head. That's pretty much what at the above gif shows.

The thing is, McGregor just spent 2 1/2 minutes on his back with his legs wrapped around Khabib in the guard position, squeezing him and trying to keep him from rising up -- the idea being that if the guy on top can't stand up and wind up, his can't get enough power behind his punches to break your skull. So after 2 1/2 mins of being in guard, his legs were probably jelly. You can see in that clip that Conor basically just curled up into the fetal position. An upward kick at that point might have worked, but if he missed or it glanced off, Khabib would have dropped a bomb that might have literally killed him.

For what it's worth, at the end of that round Conor got up with a smile, almost laughing.

Flack

Post by Flack »

According to Wikipedia, here's the list of banned moves in UFC.

Grabbing the fence
Holding opponent’s shorts or gloves
Head-butting
Biting or spitting at an opponent
Hair pulling
Fish-hooking
Intentionally placing a finger into any orifice, or into any cut or laceration of an opponent
Eye gouging of any kind
Groin attacks
Downward pointing of elbow strikes (see 12-6 elbow)
Small joint manipulation
Strikes to the spine or back of the head or anything behind the ears (see Rabbit punch)
Throat strikes of any kind, including, without limitation, grabbing the trachea
Clawing, pinching, twisting the flesh
Kicking the head of a grounded opponent (see Soccer kick)
Kneeing the head of a grounded opponent
Stomping an opponent on the ground
Swearing or offensive language in the cage
Any unsportsmanlike conduct that causes an injury to opponent
Attacking an opponent during a break
Attacking an opponent who is under the care of the referee
Timidity (avoiding contact, consistent dropping of mouthpiece, or faking an injury)
Interference from a mixed martial artist's cornerman
Flagrant disregard of the referee’s instructions
Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his or her head or neck (see Piledriver)
Attacking an opponent after the bell has sounded the end of the period of unarmed combat

BTW, in the Conor/Khabib fight, Conor McGregor:

- grabbed on to the fence (repeatedly)
- held his opponent's glove
- kneed an opponent on the ground (he was on the ground at the time)

Also Khabib hit McGregor a couple of times after the bell sounded.

After this weekend's fight they will need to add:

- No jumping out of the ring to attack people in the crowd, and
- No jumping into the ring and attacking a guy after the fight is over.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Someone posted the fight on YouTube. The fight ends just after the 20 minute mark, if you want to jump to the post fight drama.

Tdarcos

Post by Tdarcos »

Flack wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:46 pm McGregor got $100 million ...estimated that Conor made $100 million ...and Mayweather walked away with between $250-$300 million.

Khabib, the evil Russian and Conor's opponent, was the one who started the post-fight fight.

It is unlikely any one of them could program a VCR.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

Billy Mays

Post by Billy Mays »

I agree with Jiz here, these guys may as well just enter the octagon with raging boners.

Flack

Post by Flack »

It's funny, I've been following MMA since the beginning and not once have I thought about fighters' dicks. Interesting.