GoFundMe

Celebrity Monologues. This base allows guest posting, but please register for the full experience.

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Tdarcos

Re: GoFundMe

Post by Tdarcos »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:14 pm ALSO. I will be evaluating all of you in terms of what it would be like to work with all of you starting tomorrow.
I, for one, would like to say I look forward to working with our new boss and hearing his great ideas on how to improve our work product.
Alan Francis wrote a book containing everything men understand about women. It consisted of 100 blank pages.

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:18 amThey never fired her. She left on her own. Unbelievable to me.
If you fire a woman these days, you're a misogynist. So we end up with more people who are crap at their job.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

RealNC wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:12 pm
Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:18 amThey never fired her. She left on her own. Unbelievable to me.
If you fire a woman these days, you're a misogynist. So we end up with more people who are crap at their job.
It wasn't quite that bad back in the day, at least out here. I think the manager or managers at the time were just people-loving softies. Honestly, it wasn't the worst thing in the world, I suppose. Where I am now we had an extremely entitled guy come over from Apple. He claimed to be a front end developer, but he literally never checked in anything to Github in two weeks. He was asked to fix some Windows display issues and was totally helpless. His boss asked me to take the machine I use for Windows automation and let him use it to fix the error because getting a VM going was beyond him. I did so.

Dude needed me to help him TURN IT ON. As in hit the power button. He was on a contract, didn't do a dot of work in two weeks, was away from his desk for hours at a time, got a heads-up that we needed more productivity, did nothing to change it and was let go. Actually, now that I type it all out that's not that place being harsh, but realistic.
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

RealNC

Post by RealNC »

I know. I know. It's just that I now decided to switch from the far-left to the far-right. (I think you people call it "alt right?") I'm trying to test whether giving up communism and going to the exact opposite will improve my happiness.

If you can be "gender-fluid", you can certainly be political orientation-fluid. I am now practicing that.

Ice Cream Jonsey

Understood - your unpredictable politics keep the rest of us on our toes.

Ice Cream Jonsey

EMPLOYEE EVALUATIONS for Jolt Country BBS. Q4 2018

Employee name: Jonathan Flack
Handle: Flack
Other identities: Jon Flackwell, Johnny Flackington, Herbert Mann, Artisen N. Mann, Rollie S. Boddy, Chad Boddington, Chadwick S. Luckworth

Flack could actually start on day one, get along with everyone and figure some stuff out. He would eventually become someone that the new people go to with questions - as evidenced by the fact that he does podcasts for an hour, where I was limited to one smart aleck sentence every couple of minutes on TDRS when it existed. He did state that he plans to retire in 10 years so his services won't come cheap.

Resistance towards using a trackball: MEDIUM