Avengers: Infinity War

Movies & Sex

Moderators: AArdvark, Ice Cream Jonsey

Ice Cream Jonsey

Avengers: Infinity War

Post by Ice Cream Jonsey »

I thought it was good, really good and I have really started to not like these things.

Any of you guys see it?
the dark and gritty...Ice Cream Jonsey!

ChainGangGuy

Re: Avengers: Infinity War

Post by ChainGangGuy »

I'm sooo behind on these things, sir. I recall sitting in a theater during X-men 3 (beside an arch-enemy, but that's another story) proclaiming "what a wonderful time to be alive!" Can you possibly believe it?! A comic book movie, in 2006, no less. Wow! Like some knucklehead in a pork pie hat amazed and agog at the pending bicentennial. Now, maybe it's me, but it feels like these things are coming out at a blistering pace, at least at a rate greater than I can keep up with.

So, no, I have NOT seen Avengers: Infinity War.

I've also totally spaced on:

The Incredible Hulk
Black Panther
Ant-Man & the Wasp
Thor 1, 2
Iron Man 1, 2 (I saw most of 3)
Spider-Man: Homecoming

I'm pretty caught up on Captain America. In fact, I have seen ALL of the available Guardians of the Galaxy flicks. Much like a darling child, perhaps James Gunn simply grabbed me.

There are scapegoats to be sure or so I feel. I have those I wish to blame for this. Is this the place for such grievances?

pinback

Post by pinback »

I prefer real life to watching a bunch of nonsense on a screen. Movies are terrible these days anyway.
I don't have to say anything. I'm a doctor, too.

Ice Cream Jonsey

It's all tomfoolery and trickery!

CGG, I also have not seen Black Panther. You and I are the last two humans to have not done so. My understanding is that it's great.

I liked Thor: Ragnarock, or however it is spelled. Maybe I should go down the list?

Batman 1989: Loved it at the time, I realize now that it sucked.
Batman Returns: same deal, didn't bother with the next two.
Blade II: sucked, sucked bad enough to be referenced in Necrotic Drift
Daredevil with Ben Affleck: sucked

OK, in the modern age:
Iron Man 1: fine
Iron Man 2: sucked
Iron Man 3: Haven't seen it.
Avengers: I thought all of them sucked except for Infinity War.

Deadpool: One of two genuinely good comic movies that I would put against real films. It was very funny.

Guardians of the Galaxy: liked them both.

Batman Begins: fine, whatever
Dark Knight: fine, Ledger was brilliant
The Dark Knight Rises: fine

Suicide Squad: I actually saw this in a drive-in and the sound was bad. I don't remember liking it or disliking it.
Justice League: absolutely sucked

Doctor Strange: fine, I guess. It was all right.

Green Lantern: looked nice, that's all I remember

V for Vendetta: even though it messes up the themes of the comic, I liked it.

Watchmen: I really liked it a lot. Thought it was the best movie of whatever year it came out, except for maybe Bull.

Jizaboz

Post by Jizaboz »

Ice Cream Jonsey wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:34 pm It's all tomfoolery and trickery!

CGG, I also have not seen Black Panther. You and I are the last two humans to have not done so. My understanding is that it's great.

I liked Thor: Ragnarock, or however it is spelled. Maybe I should go down the list?

Batman 1989: Loved it at the time, I realize now that it sucked.
Batman Returns: same deal, didn't bother with the next two.
Blade II: sucked, sucked bad enough to be referenced in Necrotic Drift
Daredevil with Ben Affleck: sucked

OK, in the modern age:
Iron Man 1: fine
Iron Man 2: sucked
Iron Man 3: Haven't seen it.
Avengers: I thought all of them sucked except for Infinity War.

Deadpool: One of two genuinely good comic movies that I would put against real films. It was very funny.

Guardians of the Galaxy: liked them both.

Batman Begins: fine, whatever
Dark Knight: fine, Ledger was brilliant
The Dark Knight Rises: fine

Suicide Squad: I actually saw this in a drive-in and the sound was bad. I don't remember liking it or disliking it.
Justice League: absolutely sucked

Doctor Strange: fine, I guess. It was all right.

Green Lantern: looked nice, that's all I remember

V for Vendetta: even though it messes up the themes of the comic, I liked it.

Watchmen: I really liked it a lot. Thought it was the best movie of whatever year it came out, except for maybe Bull.
I agree with most of this list.

Did the drive-in you went to not offer a small-range radio station to tune to for the movie?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Ice Cream Jonsey

Yes, but we hung out at the top of a truck and I could sorta hear it but didn't care enough to really screw with it for ten minutes.

Flack

Post by Flack »

Huh, let's see:

I haven't seen any movies with the following words in the title: Thor, Avengers, Blade, Daredevil, Deadpool, Watchmen, Captain America, or Black Panther. I didn't see Suicide Squad, Dr. Strange, Green Lantern, or Justice League.

I fell asleep in the first new Batman movie. I really liked the second one, with the Joker. I didn't watch the third one.

I saw the first Iron Man movie. I didn't see the others.

I saw the first X-Men movie. I didn't see the others.

I saw both Guardians of the Galaxy movies. I liked the first one better than the second.

Oh, I saw the first new Hulk movie (2003, I guess). I didn't see the reboot out of principle. I remember seeing the first Spider-Man movie, the one with the Green Goblin. I think I saw one where he fought dirt tornado man.

The last Superman movie I saw co-starred Richard Pryor.

I enjoyed V for Vendetta very much. I did not realize it was a comic book movie until just now.
"I failed a savings throw and now I am back."

AArdvark

Post by AArdvark »

Some of the podcasts I listen to delve deeply into the comic book movies. The last one I saw was Deadpool, and I played that by mistake. Parts of the movie were funny but I missed a lot of the references. Haven't any interest in watching superhero movies. Or any movies for that matter. Got mildly hyped for Ready Player One until I heard there was to be no Joust, no Rush, no Dungeons and Dragons, no ABC Schoolhouse Rock.

THE
WHAT THE FREAK, MAN
AARDVARK